Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:lol: CT is fucked on this one like - there will be multiple layers of cascading shit coming down from this debacle, and all of it can and will be neatly traced back to his vote.

Choppy waters man. Can't let choppy waters get in the way of the long game.

Superb news for exporters.

This is actually true for my company, so there's that. The problem is that this money is increasingly worthless on anything we invest in outside of the UK.

This is actually true for my company, so there's that. The problem is that this money is increasingly worthless on anything we invest in outside of the UK.

You ungrateful fucker! All your whinging over the last week while you're secretly rubbing your hands with glee :lol:

We import half our food. Admit it, you're nervous. :D

Foods plummeted in price over the last two years and Aldi is fantastically cheap anyway. Sure you remainers may have to pay a little more for your truffles and krug but us leavers will be ok. BAU.

Foods plummeted in price over the last two years and Aldi is fantastically cheap anyway. Sure you remainers may have to pay a little more for your truffles and krug but us leavers will be ok. BAU.

Download the Food Programme Brexit special podcast from BBC Radio player and see what you think.

We're fucked man. The pounds plumetted making our imports much more expensive. 30% of our food is from the EU. Oil is paid for in dollars which massively affects our haulage and air costs. We're sending the crop pickers home. As for the restaurant trade, about half the staff are EU. Same as the food processing factories. We've become complacent about food security, as you've just alluded to. The food binge party is over CT.

You ungrateful fucker! All your whinging over the last week while you're secretly rubbing your hands with glee :lol:

:lol:

Firstly, 'my' company here means the one I work for. I don't see any of the benefit to this. Secondly, even if I did I'd appreciate the damage this is causing to so many other people.

:lol:

Firstly, 'my' company here means the one I work for. I don't see any of the benefit to this. Secondly, even if I did I'd appreciate the damage this is causing to so many other people.

Of course you do. Job security and no doubt a canny little Xmas bonus. And when we get our new trade agreements with China, you are going to be Johnny big balls.

Don't worry about others. I'll be your bellwether for the working class masses. When it gets tough in CT towers I'll let you know. As it is, it's BAU.

Download the Food Programme Brexit special podcast from BBC Radio player and see what you think.

We're fucked man. The pounds plumetted making our imports much more expensive. 30% of our food is from the EU. Oil is paid for in dollars which massively affects our haulage and air costs. We're sending the crop pickers home. As for the restaurant trade, about half the staff are EU. Same as the food processing factories. We've become complacent about food security, as you've just alluded to. The food binge party is over CT.

We're sending no one home. It's BAU.

Of course you do. Job security and no doubt a canny little Xmas bonus. And when we get our new trade agreements with China, you are going to be Johnny big balls.

Don't worry about others. I'll be your bellwether for the working class masses. When it gets tough in CT towers I'll let you know. As it is, it's BAU.

I've usually found blokes who describes their home with 'Towers' in a sentence to be absolute, top of their game, dickheads. What's happened to you, CT? :)

I've usually found blokes who describes their home with 'Towers' in a sentence to be absolute, top of their game, dickheads

BAU then

Edited by Dr Gloom

Aldi?! What about the people that aren't absolute grocery tramps? Did you give any thought to us?

Aldi?! What about the people that aren't absolute grocery tramps? Did you give any thought to us?

:lol: the only thought I've had about you today is your despicable employer having snidey little one on one meetings with Theresa trying to undo democracy and get a 2nd referendum. He should mind his own business and stick to fried chicken.

:lol: the only thought I've had about you today is your despicable employer having snidey little one on one meetings with Theresa trying to undo democracy and get a 2nd referendum. He should mind his own business and stick to fried chicken.

No chance of a 2nd referendum. The people have only just decided to leave. Parliament will surely now have to have a vote on leaving or staying. They've no choice now.

No chance of a 2nd referendum. The people have only just decided to leave. Parliament will surely now have to have a vote on leaving or staying. They've no choice now.

It's nowt to do with parliament. Purely up to the PM.

Janan Ganesh's column in the FT today is good. He's basically saying that with the Tories lurching to the right and Labour to the left that the 48% need a new party to represent them and it could come from the break up of the Labour Party. Let Corbyn keep the Labour Party name and structure, he argues, and the PLP can form a new party with the Lib Dems, who, let's face it, have little else going for them.

He argues the past four PMs (Major, Blair, Brown and Cameron) tried to blend a free economy, a substantial state, cultural looseness and EU membership. And 16m voters feel dispossessed, want to return to the status quo and would vote a party back in that represented these values.

There's definitely something to be said for that. The only good thing to come out of this whole fuck-up is the quality of the thought/analysis/writing that has been done to try to understand and explain it. It's similar to the Greece crisis in that respect, and I would imagine similar things are happening in the media in all European countries. The only hope we have is that out of all of this debate comes some action to bring about a better way of doing things that addresses the concerns and plight of the disenfranchised people, of which there are clearly millions. Somehow it's hard to be optimistic about that though, cos you just know at the end of the day it's still going to be BAE with Murdoch and the rest of them continuing to run the show.

Janan Ganesh's column in the FT today is good. He's basically saying that with the Tories lurching to the right and Labour to the left that the 48% need a new party to represent them and it could come from the break up of the Labour Party. Let Corbyn keep the Labour Party name and structure, he argues, and the PLP can form a new party with the Lib Dems, who, let's face it, have little else going for them.

He argues the past four PMs (Major, Blair, Brown and Cameron) tried to blend a free economy, a substantial state, cultural looseness and EU membership. And 16m voters feel dispossessed, want to return to the status quo and would vote a party back in that represented these values.

I'm at the stage where I'd like to see this happen. If we still have 4 years to the next GE, we have the time. Let Corbyn keep the labour party and his 30 odd loyal MPs. Let the rest form their own party, ideally with a merger with the Lib Dems. That would rightfully leave Corbyn's party as the 4th largest party in west minster. This wouldn't be like the SDP split of the 80s because it would have massive parliamentary support, and I hope, public support.

We're in desperate times, we need radical measures.

Edited by Renton

Might want to exclude anyone implicated by the Chilcot report from the new party