Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Davis is a fucking idiot, he seems to be of the opinion we are a great trading nation and every other nation on earth is desperate to buy our goods and have access to our small market. If you were a foreign exporter, where would you prioritise access to, a nation off 60 million, or a trading bloc of 500 million? And what the fuck do we make that nobody else can and other nations are so desperate to get their hands on? Unlike countries like the US, Canada, and Australia, what natural resources does our tiny island really have?

Edited by Renton

Davis is a fucking idiot, he seems to be of the opinion we are a great trading nation and every other nation on earth is desperate to buy our goods and have access to our small market. If you were a foreign exporter, where would you prioritise access to, a nation off 60 million, or a trading bloc of 500 million? And what the fuck do we make that nobody else can and other nations are so desperate to get their hands on? Unlike countries like the US, Canada, and Australia, what natural resources does our tiny island really have?

Worlds 9th biggest exporter.

0d9f439e7f595c8e86fe4529e6134bee.png

c17d930c30f11a5b82cd356fb0b7211e.png

7eacadbec0b4946a55eb988b8ef7b942.png

I gather our educational standards are well thought of, and we export a lot of material in that respect. Probably why risking academic research isnt a great idea actually.

:lol: you asked what we export.

It was a rhetorical question. The point is, we export nothing that can't be made elsewhere. Nissan exports 70% of its cars to the EU. Petrol exports are worth less, are in decline, and sold in dollars. We have few other raw materials to export. We're not a strong exporting country.

See the much denied EU army has peaked out from the Germans.

New jobs for the poles following Brexit :lol:

"As a practical step, Ms von der Leyen’s paper suggests that citizens of other EU countries could in future join the German army, which has struggled to find enough recruits since conscription ended five years ago".

Edited by Christmas Tree

I'm pretty sure that Boris only pretends to be lackadaisical and clumsy.

Has his career advancement got the biggest boost from the Brexit fallout of the lot of them?

I've never bought into him putting on an act. Massive privelige mixed with complete confidence in your own ability despite the reality sees many idiots promoted to positions of power they're happy to blunder their way through.

But when you see this it makes you wonder about the devious machinations he must have made if it was a long game.

That said, he looked dumbfounded to have got it in his interview.

What is everyone so afraid of an EU army for, exactly? How is that any different to a series of smaller armies who would, if Europe was ever invaded, fight collectively against the opposing force? Other than that the latter model would be considerably less efficient.

Has his career advancement got the biggest boost from the Brexit fallout of the lot of them?

I've never bought into him putting on an act. Massive privelige mixed with complete confidence in your own ability despite the reality sees many idiots promoted to positions of power they're happy to blunder their way through.

But when you see this it makes you wonder about the devious machinations he must have made if it was a long game.

That said, he looked dumbfounded to have got it in his interview.

I'm as surprised as anyone by this but considering he was the vote leave leader of 17 odd million, including a lot of disgruntled labour and UKIP voters, maybe it's with one eye in the next GE.

What is everyone so afraid of an EU army for, exactly? How is that any different to a series of smaller armies who would, if Europe was ever invaded, fight collectively against the opposing force? Other than that the latter model would be considerably less efficient.

The Germans and big army's :lol:

Well most people would be opposed to this kind of military federalism on principle, including me. It would also be a threat to NATO at worst and an extra layer of redundancy at best.

In the EU, the UK would have vetoed this to death. Outside the EU, we're powerless. Great.

Edited by Renton

I don't see the issue. I get why people are antsy given Europe's imperial past but at the end of the day, a combined force would be more effective if ever needed than a multitude of separate forces. Moreover, it'd counter balance US influence globally.

I don't see the issue. I get why people are antsy given Europe's imperial past but at the end of the day, a combined force would be more effective if ever needed than a multitude of separate forces. Moreover, it'd counter balance US influence globally.

It's not much of an issue for me but I can see the argument that it reduces our military autonomy and could drag us in to conflicts we'd be best avoiding. But ateotd we have NATO so I don't see the need personally.