Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My dad's advice to me was to look after yourself , your family and your friends in your day to day life then when it comes to the election you should vote to look after everyone else.

If there is nobody to do the latter and you start to feel that everyone else doesn't matter then the world has gone to shit.

Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of stopping voting and my vote's never going to waver much from the area of the dial where it currently points, it's more that it's increasingly difficult to feel enthused and engaged by the whole thing any more. It costs me nothing to put an X in a box where it might do other people some good, so I will, but if other people disagree en masse then ultimately what can you do.

Although now that I think about it, I'm struggling to think of when I've ever actually voted for the "winning" side in any kind of election. Hmm. :scratchchin::lol:

Deep-fried instant mash balls disagreeing with your tummy?

Not deep fried unlike that downmarket thing you alluded to boyo. ;)

Edited by Park Life

7 year low in construction (my industry) output and we have been told that skilled European workers, from tradesmen to architects may not be able to stay.

Good job we don't have a skills gap as it is.

I really feel this way. I'm ultimately not in the group that will be most affected by this nonsense, and have generally tried to vote for the greater good at each available opportunity (as NJS suggests we should do). Which is why I voted Corbyn, knowing full well that his priority should he ever get elected would be people other than myself.

But it's clear that this is a pointless exercise. The EU vote has brought me to the brink of not giving a fuck about who governs the country any more beyond thinking that I should just vote in my immediate self interest. That's what everyone else is clearly doing. To be honest, I feel like a bit of an idiot for thinking that there were enough people in this country who believed in fairness and the common good.

Plenty, maybe most, people believe in the latter, but that's not synonymous with being a Corbyn supporter. Take Meenzer who's a Lib Dem. I just wish we had a centre left party who represented a broad enough church to counter this right wing extremism. We don't though and I can't see it happening any time soon. Still, at least we've taken back control. Edited by Renton

Plenty, maybe most, people believe in the latter, but that's not synonymous with being a Corbyn supporter. Take Meenzer who's a Lib Dem. I just wish we had a centre left party who represented a broad enough church to counter this right wing extremism. We don't though and I can't see it happening any time soon. Still, at least we've taken back control.

Sorry, didn't mean to infer that it was a Corbyn only thing, just that Corbyn's movement was my (most recent) voting channel for this.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/05/tory-leadership-election-x-factor-choosing-antichrist-brexit-frankie-boyle

The most remarkable thing was the sheer narrowness and uniformity of the debate. If you fight propaganda with propaganda, you end up with simplistic discourse where truth is not a priority. Lets not forget that it was actually Gove who sought to engage a distrust of experts. What if evidence-based policy ideas are coming up against a public that is not actually sceptical of experts, but of public relations? Of advice generated by thinktanks and advisory bodies that are either simply created to be biased or refracted through the prism of media organisations that struggle to recognise their own systemic bias? A news media that regularly portrays commentators with vested interests as impartial and thinktanks with neoliberal sympathies as neutral obviously runs the risk of losing its audiences trust. Its not the whole story, but perhaps this is a part of what has happened.

Plenty, maybe most, people believe in the latter, but that's not synonymous with being a Corbyn supporter. Take Meenzer who's a Lib Dem. I just wish we had a centre left party who represented a broad enough church to counter this right wing extremism. We don't though and I can't see it happening any time soon. Still, at least we've taken back control.

Believe it or not I generally don't have a problem with how people vote at a GE - I might think they're wrong but I can usually understand why they vote how they do.

This on the other hand is just mass stupidity.

It's my understanding that food prices will come down once the EU external tariffs are slung. We can also start helping farmers in Africa and South America (Coffee/Cocoa).

:lol: CT is fucked on this one like - there will be multiple layers of cascading shit coming down from this debacle, and all of it can and will be neatly traced back to his vote.

:lol: CT is fucked on this one like - there will be multiple layers of cascading shit coming down from this debacle, and all of it can and will be neatly traced back to his vote.

How many great memes has provided though? Must admit BAU might be my favourite. :CT:

Edited by Renton