Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Government's own analysis: Under free trade agreement with the EU – Theresa May’s stated objective in the negotiations – UK growth will be 5% lower over next 15 years. "No deal" scenario, where UK reverts to WTO rules, would increase damage to 8%.

cracking 

Interesting that the new models are broadly in line with what Osborne said in 2016. Turns out it was Project Fact after all. 

The fact that Gove and Johnson sit on the Cabinet, having been personal responsible for rubbishing facts, is a disgrace. 

Surely this now means that they can no longer claim that Brexit is in this country's economic interests given that this is their own government's analysis?

Actually, they can and they will because they're lying cunts.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Your entire reason for voting for Brexit was that the UK economy would benefit by maintaining trade with the EU while agreeing further FTAs with other countries. But now it's about 'other stuff'?

I haven’t changed my reasons for leaving once, I’m just suggesting that a few % points of GDP one way or the other over 15 years should have little bearing on it.

Not that these figures are any more reliable than project fear mk1

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I haven’t changed my reasons for leaving once, I’m just suggesting that a few % points of GDP one way or the other over 15 years should have little bearing on it.

Your reason for leaving was that we could trade with the whole world. The idea surely being that the country would be better off economically. This isn't project fear, this is your own government's analysis.  So given then our country is likely to be hundreds of billions of pounds worse off how can you still support Brexit?

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Your reason for leaving was that we could trade with the whole world. The idea surely being that the country would be better off economically. This isn't project fear, this is your own government's analysis.  So given then our country is likely to be hundreds of billions of pounds worse off how can you still support Brexit?

Other reasons.

24 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The fact that the figures have barely changed since Osborne's assessment, despite being done by completely different people....That's how facts work. They don't change. 

Unlike the £350m a week which is now £100m according to Johnson, and isn't even really that. 

46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Interesting that the new models are broadly in line with what Osborne said in 2016. Turns out it was Project Fact after all. 

The fact that Gove and Johnson sit on the Cabinet, having been personal responsible for rubbishing facts, is a disgrace. 

The models Osbourne used have already crashed and burned. There was No recession, No negative growth, No extra 500,000 on the dole.

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Project fear MK 1 was the government :lol:

And as I stated very early on this thread, as long as we can continue to trade with Europe and the rest of the world through FTA’s then I’m 100% still in favour of Brexit.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The models Osbourne used have already crashed and burned. There was No recession, No negative growth, No extra 500,000 on the dole.

We haven't left yet, you cheb-end. 

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Project fear MK 1 was the government :lol:

And as I stated very early on this thread, as long as we can continue to trade with Europe and the rest of the world through FTA’s then I’m 100% still in favour of Brexit.

As I said above, this isn't just the government, specifically it is the Department for Exiting the European Union. Are they in the business of promoting project fear?

And we will continue to trade with other countries, just less than we could have otherwise. So you've voted for the country to be worse off, well done.

51 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

B612209E-152E-4ED5-A8FA-1CD1D1033F73.png

The forecasts of the consequences of the Brexit vote weren't correct. It's worth considering why. Well, firstly the BoE stepped in with interventionary action in the form of QE and interest rate cuts. Secondly, and most importantly, the vote coincided with a global boom, fueled by Trumpian economics. But we have gone from the best performing to worst performing developed economy in this time, so we have experienced a major relative decline. Thirdly, unemployment figures now are so massaged as to be meaningless. However, take home pay is in decline (for 10 consecutive years in my case). Lastly, it's very difficult to measure uncertainty. Industry and the markets have correctly assumed we will get the softest possible Brexit, do the worst fears have been mitigated.

In contrast, it's much easier to model the consequences of Brexit itself. All models and all scenarios agree, there can be no positive outcome. You dismiss GDP (the country's wealth) as if it is of no consequence. You seem to forget this is the money we need to pay for our health, education, and welfare services. Your stupidity is quite frankly astounding. 

• Like 2

CT, I am a Nigerian prince with a fortune to give away to one lucky man. Our records indicate you are perfect for this as they show you’ll believe any old shit if it’s pertaining to something you don’t understand properly. For this, I will need your account number and sort code for this lucky day of happy fortune and good times.

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This Steve Baker is one of the biggest cunts on the planet. 

Opposed same-sex marriage (for the blue-rinse brigade) then claimed it was because the state shouldn't be as involved in marriage or somesuch bollocks.