Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Yet you’re the one trying to stop other people talking to each other in a thread you very rarely contribute to. ;)

( Not to mention I created the thread) :lol:

That’s a little childish don’t you think.

I'm not trying to stop anything, I don't understand the people who constantly want to know what you think when you never answer questions, or don't read things because you don't understand them or get out of your depth and chuck out a soundbite so I asked Renton why he does it, Renton answered and it's not because of your sparkling insight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Except we haven't heard a single proposal from anyone as to how we'd remain in a customs union that allows us to do our own trade deals while maintaining a near invisible border in Ireland. What is your solution to that?

The EU's analysis is that no deal would have a neglible effect on their overall economy whole being massively detrimental to ours. 

Are you not worried that there has been no tangible movement on a deal since December?

There’s been no discussion on a deal because the cabinet has been as split as the country, as I said earlier. A week tomorrow that will end and the actual future trade discussions will start.

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I'm not trying to stop anything, I don't understand the people who constantly want to know what you think when you never answer questions, or don't read things because you don't understand them or get out of your depth and chuck out a soundbite so I asked Renton why he does it, Renton answered and it's not because of your sparkling insight.

Ah good. See ya :)

Honestly, you are wrong on everything you say there. Nissan etc are interested in access to the SM and frictionless borders. That is what will be agreed and you will have wasted 2 years reading a lot of nonsense and taken a few years off your life.

As to your question, I’ve said several times on here that if Brexit lead to Nissan leaving it would not be worth it.

I guess we'll revisit this post in a few months time. I cannot see what you're proposing without the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

Do you think that we will get a deal on services?

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

There’s been no discussion on a deal because the cabinet has been as split as the country, as I said earlier. A week tomorrow that will end and the actual future trade discussions will start.

What has changed that the PM will be able to get an agreement that thus far has not been forthcoming?

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Honestly, you are wrong on everything you say there. Nissan etc are interested in access to the SM and frictionless borders. That is what will be agreed and you will have wasted 2 years reading a lot of nonsense and taken a few years off your life.

As to your question, I’ve said several times on here that if Brexit lead to Nissan leaving it would not be worth it.

Saying I'm wrong isn't enough. What am I wrong about? Since you say I'm wrong on everything, I can surmise that you believe the following:

You can be half in the SM, and CU apparently.

Canada and South Korea don't have MFN clauses in their trade agreements.

You STILL believe in cakeism and they need us more than we need them.

The first two you are just factually wrong on. The last point it's blatantly obvious by now we aren't going to get your mythical cracking deal.

Oh aye, and NI?

I'm actually glad to hear you wouldn't sacrifice Nissan for Brexit. But why do you think Nissan are here? It's purely because of access to the single market, as they've said many times. And you and your gammons have jeopardised this. Not very smart imo. 

42 minutes ago, adios said:

Really?

You'd get more sense (not to mention enjoyment) out of a rolled up Daily Mail stuck up your arse.

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

I do that as well tbf.

31 minutes ago, adios said:

Who doesn't?

"Ah'm not a puff, but if ah was it would be the Ronny Gill, Journal or the Sunday Sun goes up my jacksey as ah like to keep it local."

4221396001_4459327924001_4459292041001-vs.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I guess we'll revisit this post in a few months time. I cannot see what you're proposing without the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

Do you think that we will get a deal on services?

I think the ECJ will get involved. Basically both sides are sticking to their red lines because the real negotiations haven’t started yet. (Although let’s face it, behind the scenes they are probably putting all the pieces in place).

Next week the compromise will take place within cabinet and things will speed up. A few toys out of the pram during August then a last minute deal, probably November or December.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

I think the ECJ will get involved. Basically both sides are sticking to their red lines because the real negotiations haven’t started yet. (Although let’s face it, behind the scenes they are probably putting all the pieces in place).

Next week the compromise will take place within cabinet and things will speed up. A few toys out of the pram during August then a last minute deal, probably November or December.

You think we'll get a deal on all goods?

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What has changed that the PM will be able to get an agreement that thus far has not been forthcoming?

She has the withdrawal bill out of the way. The full cabinet will decide and it’s 70% remain. Up until now it’s been the sub committee which was 50/50

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

You've been coming up with this shit for months. In reality, we've made no progress at all this year, just constant Tory party infighting. There's only 8 working weeks left until the October deadline now when you take the summer recess into account. We've already effectively run out of time. 

Dont know but the one with Australia looks promising :lol:

Nice breaking news :)

If we could only do a trade agreement with Australia like the one they're currently in talks for with the EU.

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

She has the withdrawal bill out of the way. The full cabinet will decide and it’s 70% remain. Up until now it’s been the sub committee which was 50/50

If anything the Withdrawal Bill has shown that the Remainers will capitulate while the Leavers will kick up a fuss.

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

He can't see there is an issue there. Is it surprising CT is obsessed with cake?

Theres no issue. I think it will be very similar trade / custom wise to now AND we’ll be able to do our own trade deals.

You disagree. Fine.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Theres no issue. I think it will be very similar trade / custom wise to now AND we’ll be able to do our own trade deals.

You disagree. Fine.

Have you got any serious source that backs your view?

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

You've been coming up with this shit for months. In reality, we've made no progress at all this year, just constant Tory party infighting. There's only 8 working weeks left until the October deadline now when you take the summer recess into account. We've already effectively run out of time. 

Weve passed a bill to leave the EU and agreed an implementation deal and it’s only June :lol:

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Have you got any serious source that backs your view?

Its what both parties stood on, 85% of the public voted for and what the PM has continually said she will get. It is also the outcome that will be best for the EU and the U.K.

The problem here is that we would like to prove each other wrong and that cannot happen until after the deal is struck.

Its what both parties stood on, 85% of the public voted for and what the PM has continually said she will get. It is also the outcome that will be best for the EU and the U.K.

The problem here is that we would like to prove each other wrong and that cannot happen until after the deal is struck.

Labour stood on a platform for Brexit that delivered the exact same benefits of the SM and CU, given that such a deal isn't possible they would not be backing Brexit and will not back it if TM doesn't come back with such a deal.

The main thing you and other leavers don't get is that the EU is a rules based organisation. They simply aren't able to give Theresa May the fanstasy Brexit she's promising us all.

The best deal for the EU is that we cancel Brexit. That would be a win for both them and the people of the UK. A disastrous Brexit provides opportunities for them in recruiting international businesses and creating jobs. They will take a hit on certain markets but we'll still be buying their prosecco. Well the few who can still afford it will.

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

You disagree. Fine.

I can give reasons why I disagree though. The US has different regulatory standards. Any FTA we have with them will involve partial adoption of those standards.

The SM is a single regulatory and legal framework first and foremost. Either we are in it, or out of it. If we are out, the ECJ will not have jurisdiction over us. This means there will be no recognised dispute resolution. This means goods will have to be checked at the border. They ate not going to let chlorinated chicken in unchecked ffs. This means serious border friction. This will be an end to all UK companies with European JIT supply chains. Airbus and Honda really couldn't be clearer last week on this, the latter even published a flow diagram and the former a full impact assessment report.

Now tubs, which bits are you struggling to understand? If you disagree, can you say WHY and evidence it?