Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

British chambers of commerce and the professional and business services council now effectively asking to stay in SM. End game is approaching. The Tories can't dismiss literally every business as a siren call can they?

And yet Corbyn cannot capitalise. 

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

It isn't a matter of whether we believe she can do it, it simply isn't possible.

Let's try a very loose anology you might understand. 

You and the family are out for a walk on holiday and after hours of walking you're all starving and stumble across a McDonalds. You walk in and stride up to the counter and demand a duck pizza. The server politely tells you that they don't serve duck pizza but you're welcome to order anything from the menu in front of you. Again you demand a duck pizza and the server smiles and repeats that it isn't possible. Meanwhile your missus is in your ear telling you that she wants a Whopper and your eldest daugther is shouting that she wants a Zinger Tower meal. Your other two kids are sitting back embarassed at your behaviour and are happy with a Big Mac. Finally you tell the server that the Dominos ten miles down the road will give you a duck pizza and threaten to walk out and go there. The server knows this isn't true but says you're welcome to try.

What do you do, CT? Do you take the Big Mac that's on offer or do you wander in the dark looking for your duck pizza?

:lol:  Brilliant.

https://m.facebook.com/1498276767163730/posts/2093159307675470/

It’s pretty much May’s only chance of a deal. I’m not sure that she’ll be allowed to have freedom of movement on goods alone and it begs the question of what’s the point if we have to blindly follow EU law on goods and agriculture without any input.

Its a good effort but I can’t see it flying.

19 minutes ago, ewerk said:

https://m.facebook.com/1498276767163730/posts/2093159307675470/

It’s pretty much May’s only chance of a deal. I’m not sure that she’ll be allowed to have freedom of movement on goods alone and it begs the question of what’s the point if we have to blindly follow EU law on goods and agriculture without any input.

Its a good effort but I can’t see it flying.

It seems to be an incredibly complicated fudge just to keep the Poles and Romanians out. No other benefits that I can see . Honestly, what's the point? EU immigrants contribute more than they take, do jobs nobody else is willing to do, and additionally jobs we have serious Labour shortages in. They tend to be younger and don't over use the NHS.

I can't see this flying with the EU anyway. It still attempts to divide the 4 freedoms which are in any case hugely intertwined. And unless I'm mistaken, this option still requires infrastructure in the NI border.

Frankly I think the EU are at a state of resignation with us now. Take BINO a la Norge or fuck off. 

I’m not sure whether it requires infrastructure on the border, we’ll have to wait for more details on that.

It does appear to scupper a deal with USA as agriculture is one of their priorities for such an agreement.

Also, these types of projects are always completed on time, work exactly as they were intended to and are within budget.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Corbyn asking questions about bus routes and bus fares at PMQs. :lol: Nailing the key talking points.

He's so unsuited to being a party leader it's untrue :lol:

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

CT should read this. He won't, but he should. 

He did and he shouldn’t of :lol:

If I’ve understood it right, it’s a Wolfiesque “it was the Russians wot done it”.

Bollocks. Responsibility for Brexit lies in 

1. Our economy - distribution of wealth.

2. Labours open door immigration policy.

3. The crash

4. Austerity

Something is definitely wrong with the whole system that won’t be addressed by the Tories or Labour. 

Its like a giant Ponzi scheme at the minute where we pat ourselves on the back for economic growth, attract higher immigration and repeat while not addressing the impact of that extra population or how everyone seems so busy on life’s treadmill compared to years ago.

When women could have a child and not need to rush back to work and a council run nursing home was every few miles not “slaves” running between home visits to hand out 15 minutes of care.

Something has gone wrong and the Russians have fuck all to do with it.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

If I’ve understood it right, it’s a Wolfiesque “it was the Russians wot done it”.

3. The crash

4. Austerity

Something is definitely wrong with the whole system that won’t be addressed by the Tories or Labour. 

Its like a giant Ponzi scheme at the minute where we pat ourselves on the back for economic growth, attract higher immigration and repeat while not addressing the impact of that extra population or how everyone seems so busy on life’s treadmill compared to years ago.

When women could have a child and not need to rush back to work and a council run nursing home was every few miles not “slaves” running between home visits to hand out 15 minutes of care.

That would be neoliberalism.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

3. The crash

4. Austerity

You realise that the EU isn't responsible for most of that?

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

3. Labour’s crash

4. Austerity

Fyp 

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

If I’ve understood it right,

We can probably stop right there.

Meanwhile, it's already Sweden 1 England 0

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

3. The crash

4. Austerity

Shouldn't of :lol:

How the fuck is that Wolfiesque? This, coming from the man who doesn't believe in the moon landings. Perhaps you could address the points you don't agree with it do you literally believe the west has not been in ideological conflict with Russia for the past century? Staggering. Remind me who is Wolfiesque again. :icon_lol:

Edited by Renton