Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looks like the Tory party might have finally woken up to the fact that Rees-Mogg is a little cunt.  He's getting panned for his latest attempt at making May do his bidding. 

30 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

The best PM of CT's lifetime usually at least gets the chance to actually be PM for a while before he moves on to the next one. Disappointing.

The nanny state

Brexit White Paper scheduled to be released the same day Trump arrives in the UK. Buried. This is how seriously the government is taking this. They've had forever to write it and they know already that it's a total shit sarnie that needs hiding.

TBF whatever is in the white paper is likely to lead to her being branded as a traitor and obstructing the will of the people. It's highly likely that it's the pathway to a soft Brexit.

5 hours ago, Renton said:

Really feels like the wheels are coming off Brexit now. Lets just go Norway plus and be done with it. 

I must admit I felt a bit like that from my viewpoint today and that a horrific surrender was looming. However listening to her live in the commons at 5pm she is still adamant that we are leaving the SM and CU and are aiming for a good FTA.

Friday is going to be very interesting.

CT, what do you think is going to happen if she gives us a Norway style Brexit? As in, will the government survive it?

Edited by Rayvin

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

I must admit I felt a bit like that from my viewpoint today and that a horrific surrender was looming. However listening to her live in the commons at 5pm she is still adamant that we are leaving the SM and CU and are aiming for a good FTA.

Friday is going to be very interesting.

I don't know how many times I can explain to you now that there is no such thing as a good FTA with us being massively integrated into the European market. You've said it before yourself, business have to have the last say.

I don't know why she's keeping up this pathetic charade. She'll probably come up with some imaginative name changes. But now Olly Robbins has admitted a bespoke deal is off the table awe are at the stage it's either BINO or catastrophe. The conservatives own interest has to be in the former and dress it up as something else. I think.

15 hours ago, ewerk said:

Theresa May is reported as having a third customs plan that will be discussed at Chequers on Friday.

Which gives Theresa May until Friday to come up with a third customs plan.

Errr...

11 hours ago, Rayvin said:

CT, what do you think is going to happen if she gives us a Norway style Brexit? As in, will the government survive it?

Im not sure how she can given all her statements for the past 2 years and even last night.

Hard brexiteers would be up in arms and could veto the deal.

Public may well punish party that doesn’t deliver the “will of the people”, see Lib Dem’s / tuition.

However a large swathe of people will be just glad when it’s all over.

She has to way up which of the above will damage the party least. Given her continued remarks I can only assume that she’s now going to start negotiating hard for the bespoke, cherry picking deal, have a walk out and then blame any non deliverance on the Europeans.

29 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Im not sure how she can given all her statements for the past 2 years and even last night.

Public may well punish party that doesn’t deliver the “will of the people”, see Lib Dem’s / tuition.

She has to way up which of the above will damage the party least. Given her continued remarks I can only assume that she’s now going to start negotiating hard for the bespoke, cherry picking deal, have a walk out and then blame any non deliverance on the Europeans.

But given what she’s said over the past two years she can’t deliver the frictionless trade with the EU that you desire. 

So surely now you have to question your support for the entire process?

41 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Would that wash for your average brexiter? There's two issues as I see it. First, it's transparently obvious the EU can't add Nd won't budge on maintaining the integrity of the SM. I mean even you have now figured that out. And second, blaming the EU will be scant consolation when we lose our industries. 

I don't understand why she doesn't just face down the ERG, now. They're a bunch of cowards who are all bluster.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

But given what she’s said over the past two years she can’t deliver the frictionless trade with the EU that you desire. 

So surely now you have to question your support for the entire process?

She thinks she can. I do understand yours and Rentons views on this and desire for all leavers to henceforth live their lives with a brown paper bag of shame on their heads, but today we still have a PM / Government stating that they can get a bespoke deal that delivers everything most leavers wanted.

When they say that is no longer possible then of course we shall move on to blaming the government for its handling of it and remainers for talking the country down.