Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 minutes ago, ewerk said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-speech-to-cbi-19-november-2018

There's here speech. Now what did she say about an Australian trade deal?

The last time I’m doing this for you. Clear as day, from 25 minutes talks about free trade deals incl Australia. As I said last week, if you think she’s lying then fine, but according to her, I am still getting free trade deals under her plan.

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

rees-mogg looks like a young pop star among that panel of crusty old public school boys tbf, fucking hell.

the face of brexit britain

The worst out of the lot, Peter Lilley. One of the most odious politicians in my lifetime.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The last time I’m doing this for you. Clear as day, from 25 minutes talks about free trade deals incl Australia. As I said last week, if you think she’s lying then fine, but according to her, I am still getting free trade deals under her plan.

Her plan is available for you to see. I want you to tell me how she can do any meaningful trade deal without the ability to change our tariffs. So stop trying to deflect and coming up with the 'I trust May' bullshit, answer the question.

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Her plan is available for you to see. I want you to tell me how she can do any meaningful trade deal without the ability to change our tariffs. So stop trying to deflect and coming up with the 'I trust May' bullshit, answer the question.

No thanks. You’ve said we won’t get trade deals yet the U.K. Prime Minister has stood up in front of Parliament and the CBI and said we will. That’s good enough for me.

But yet you don't have the first clue how we'll negotiate any of these free trade deals? You're a liar. Not just are you a liar but you're happy to go along with a plan that is going to make lots of people's lives worse and all for no tangible benefit. I'm sure your family are proud of you.

Edited by ewerk

31 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No thanks. You’ve said we won’t get trade deals yet the U.K. Prime Minister has stood up in front of Parliament and the CBI and said we will. That’s good enough for me.

:huh:

:o

:razz:

:D

:lol:

:spit:

I think with this revelation it's time CT stopped participating in this thread. :jesuswept:

35 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But yet you don't have the first clue how we'll negotiate any of these free trade deals? You're a liar. Not just are you a liar but you're happy to go along with a plan that is going to make lots of people's lives worse and all for no tangible benefit. I'm sure your family are proud of you.

:lol: Fuck me. Started on the Guineas early have we. :lol:

You’re just coming across as a tit now. You are the one who claims that Mays deal means no free trade deals. She has publicly stood up in parliament and the CBI and said it does mean free trade deals. :lol:

Im not sure how that makes me a liar :lol:

11 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Fuck me. Started on the Guineas early have we. :lol:

You’re just coming across as a tit now. You are the one who claims that Mays deal means no free trade deals. She has publicly stood up in parliament and the CBI and said it does mean free trade deals. :lol:

Im not sure how that makes me a liar :lol:

I’ve already explained. Technically she’s right but in practice she isn’t. We have an incredibly little wiggle room when it comes to trade deals. Most countries will be interested in what goods they can sell us. When we can’t negotiate our tariffs for those goods we have nothing to offer them. 

But you know all this because I’ve already told you.

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

That's utter namby pamby bollocks. To stand by and let the vilification of ordinary decent people continue is absolute cowardice.

I saw a longer version of this the other day (which I can't find now) that shows that people who are anti-immigrant largely haven't got anything of substance behind their views. They've simply accepted the line that has been pushed on them for years.

I didn't say they had anything of substance. I said that there are so many of them now, and so little desire amongst them to listen to reason, that I'm struggling to think what we can possibly do about them. Beyond what we've already done, which is point out the realities, and which has not worked, what do you propose?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I didn't say they had anything of substance. I said that there are so many of them now, and so little desire amongst them to listen to reason, that I'm struggling to think what we can possibly do about them. Beyond what we've already done, which is point out the realities, and which has not worked, what do you propose?

There are a certain amount who will never listen to reason, there are a large amount who will. In the event of remain how about a media campaign promoting immigration and EU membership, counteract the scare stories from the Express and the Daily Mail?

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

There are a certain amount who will never listen to reason, there are a large amount who will. In the event of remain how about a media campaign promoting immigration and EU membership, counteract the scare stories from the Express and the Daily Mail?

Can’t imagine who you might be thinking of with the former 

I am not sure why anyone would be so willing to give up trade with Europe for a free trade agreement with Oz.  Don't get me wrong, love it here, but how much trade is the UK actually going to get from such an agreement.  The same with the US, especially with Donnie (AF, MAGA) Trump in charge, not trading with anyone on a free basis.

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

I am not sure why anyone would be so willing to give up trade with Europe for a free trade agreement with Oz.  Don't get me wrong, love it here, but how much trade is the UK actually going to get from such an agreement.  The same with the US, especially with Donnie (AF, MAGA) Trump in charge, not trading with anyone on a free basis.

This is the question that Brexiters have failed to answer. We've been promised loads of great trade deals around the world but not a single one of them has come up with a plan of who we can sell to and what we can sell them.

"Planning".

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Dsmj6ahWsAAw-Ta.jpg:large

Sounds like this means that there will be checks on the border after the transition period. Not good for JIT industries.

This is very bad, might appease some of the ERG but should confirm Labour have to vote it down. It's fucking disastrous for the NE. Companies will have no choice but to disinvest over the transition period. Might as well risk sudden death with a chance of survival (revoke A50) rather than a slow prolonged death. 

Fucking hell man. How the fuck has it come to this? 

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And this is just the WA. Can you imagine the politics of signing a trade deal? Personally i doubt we'd ever get past the backstop and we'd be truly a vassal state. Ironic. Nice one brexiters.