Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It is apparently 'tyranny' for the Lords to fast track Cooper.

It'll be highly ironic if the undemocratically selected Lords filibuster this to death or actually block it. :lol:

Indeed but why then are the Tories trying to stop it. Do they really think they can just be awkward over and over again until eventually the Remain side gives up?

:lol:

Feels like we might be at a turning point here but let's make sure it isn't a false dawn before celebrating I guess.

So currently we're hopefully maybe looking at Chequers going through with a referendum nailed onto it - presumably Remain vs May although I fucking hope Corbyn gets that in writing - and a request to the EU for an extension of up to 1 year. We'll run the Euro elections - all of us should get the fuck out to vote for that to make sure we're delivering competent MEPs - and then we can hopefully consign Brexit to history.

UKIP will get a surge in support but not enough to actually make a difference. Should mostly come from the Tories who might actually fracture over this... possibly anyway. Hard to imagine the arch Brexiters will think they'll get another crack at this within the Tory party.

Edited by Rayvin

UKIP would be defending a high watermark in any theoretical European elections - they were the biggest party last time round. Would be interesting to see how that pans out this time. Not that I believe for a moment it'll come to that, obviously. :good: 

The only thing that concerns me about that election is that Sargon of Akkad will be running for them...

This is not something I want to see. Mainstreaming of the stupid internet culture war.

Most people know UKip are batshit and Ferange is orphaned. I am not now, nor ever have been, concerned about these cunts as a political force. Rabble rousers tbh.

I have thought of the Remain slogan already.

"If you want this to go away, vote Remain". Okay so maybe someone can tidy that up a bit but fuck me is that a winning message. :D

Outstanding. Charles Moore having a meltdown before the first question is even asked on QT. Jeremy Wright boring everbody shitless. Its in London though so low gammon count. Some right knackers in the audience still mind. 

Edited by Renton

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Outstanding. Charles Moore having a meltdown before the first question is even asked on QT. Jeremy Wright boring everbody shitless. Its in London though so low gammon count. Some right knackers in the audience still mind. 

I turned it off straight after he was the latest person today to be able to falsely cite the findings of the yougov poll about no deal. I don’t give those people the benefit of the doubt in just quoting from hearsay but think they are well aware of their outright lies.

I don't think this offer May is supposedly going to make to Corbyn is a good thing. I'm not sure a second referendum gets a commons majority, so this just becomes MV4. 

He should be telling her that the PV is first name on the team sheet, and it's non negotiable. Unfortunately he doesn't want one either so he'll be happy to go along with the stitch up. 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I don't think this offer May is supposedly going to make to Corbyn is a good thing. I'm not sure a second referendum gets a commons majority, so this just becomes MV4. 

He should be telling her that the PV is first name on the team sheet, and it's non negotiable. Unfortunately he doesn't want one either so he'll be happy to go along with the stitch up. 

Agreed, but surely he can't go along with a stitch up unilaterally, he will need to get the PLP on board (also remember 95% of labour members support a PV). I was hoping the PV would be attached to May's deal, so that if it goes through we vote May vs. Remain. If its a separate vote and whipped, its useless. 

So we're getting up to one year extension that can be terminated at any time if we pass the WA.

I get that the EU is trying to remain flexible but its certainty that we need. I feel that they should have insisted on just a solid year come what may.

Anyway that's no deal off the table assuming Tusk can get it through the EU. Now we will see what the plan is at May's side. 

I wonder if the date of June 30th was agreed by Corbin, which would be a betrayal to his party and voters or if May did it on her own which would be a betrayal to the invitation to settle things in an orderly cross party dialogue.

3 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I wonder if the date of June 30th was agreed by Corbin, which would be a betrayal to his party and voters or if May did it on her own which would be a betrayal to the invitation to settle things in an orderly cross party dialogue.

The Guardian seems to think that she has privately accepted a year long extension, but can't be seen to go willingly. They feel the expectation is the EU will refuse (almost certain IMO since it's too close to the EU elections).

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The Guardian seems to think that she has privately accepted a year long extension, but can't be seen to go willingly. They feel the expectation is the EU will refuse (almost certain IMO since it's too close to the EU elections).

:lol: She’s a glutton for defeat.