Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The EU will give us an extension if we fall into a GE, I think the signs for that have been pretty clear.

It Has to be requested though. A legal requirement. That's the PM"s competency. Given Johnson is willing to prorogue parliament, what makes you think he will ask for an extension? 

Just now, Renton said:

It Has to be requested though. A legal requirement. That's the PM"s competency. Given Johnson is willing to prorogue parliament, what makes you think he will ask for an extension? 

It's a fair point I suppose, I just don't think he has the balls for shutting down Parliament.

There'd be a legitimate argument for his assassination if he did.

55 minutes ago, Renton said:

Parliament can instruct the PM to seek an extension.

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Parliament can instruct the PM to seek an extension.

Maybe, I don't fully understand the mechanism for that if I'm honest. 

I'm not arse if it is Hunt or Johnson now, as long as it is the end of them and their party. I actually think Hunt is the more delusional of them. Also I agree with Osborne, Johnson may be the one who really wouldnt allow no deal. 

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

Maybe, I don't fully understand the mechanism for that if I'm honest. 

I'm not arse if it is Hunt or Johnson now, as long as it is the end of them and their party. I actually think Hunt is the more delusional of them. Also I agree with Osborne, Johnson may be the one who really wouldnt allow no deal. 

Parliament already did it via the Cooper Letwin amendment and would do it again.

I know that the BBC come in for a lot of stick but Emily Maitlis and Emma Barnett have been offering some excellent scrutiny in their interview recently.

20 hours ago, ewerk said:

Hunt also promising illegal subsidies for industries hit by tariffs.

Which, thinking about it, also illustrates once again how politicians appear to be focusing on the CU side of things while ignoring the SM issues which are equally, if not more, important.

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Which, thinking about it, also illustrates once again how politicians appear to be focusing on the CU side of things while ignoring the SM issues which are equally, if not more, important.

Yes, they are much, much more important. Particularly for a service based economy. The CU has always been a red herring. Norway operate fine without it. Which is also why Labour's plans really are the worst of all worlds, aspiring to be like Turkey ffs. 

In regards to your last post, yes, the BBC has upped its game. Probably too late now though. 

Somebody made what I thought was an excellent point on R5 this morning. We know that about 60% of tory members are willing to sacrifice the union to deliver Brexit, and thus end Britain as a nation. Yet just a generation ago these same tories were happy to commit the entire British armed forces and sacrifice the lives of service men to liberate what is little more than a rock in the south Atlantic in order to keep it "British". 

I mean seriously, how can this be reconciled by any sane peeson? 

Because all they want is to win the argument. I seriously think it's nothing more than the desire to win that's pushing us towards this now. I reckon that even if you announced to the Brexiteers that immigration would increase following Brexit, they'd still want it done.

• Like 1

Brexit party MEPs have turned their backs whilst the EU anthem plays. Literally. What a bunch or arseholes. The EU needs shot of us tbh until we sort oursel es out politically. 

That's the best part of it. The difficult bit of the journey is the bit that's in Britain :lol: 

Also he's an MEP for North West England, which doesn't seem to be anywhere near Ipswich where he lives and would require a few train changes to get to.

Also he calls himself "Dr" but he actually gave up on being a practising doctor after two years, which suggests - like this - that he's not very good at looking into what a job actually entails before signing up for it.

Also he co-signed this letter in June 2016 about how leaving the EU would be terrible for the NHS.

Also he's a cunt (sorry @catmag, lovely to have you back ;) ).

And yet he's still far from the worst the Brexit Party has to offer.

God help us all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

what a bunch of children :lol:

speaking of which 

And hold on, hasnt this fucker heard of hotels? Its not like his allowance is tight.