Wilifried Bony

Anorthernsoul

Bent, nailed on, Pards wants "some English", signing at half eight on 31st August. Some French children to keep Carr happy. A part time window cleaner from Gala Fairydean will be Kinnerar's contribution.

Edited by PaddockLad

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah his agent has said "He will go to Swansea" its on SkySports website. Whether it is his actual agent, who knows. Price quoted is £10.2m.

Can't say I have seen alot of him, but I did see Vitesse play in 2011/12 on ESPN, and he scored twice. That is as far as my experience of him goes.

Be interesting to see if he joins the list of van Nistelrooy and Huntelaar or becomes another player who was prolific in Holland but struggled to hit the goal trail elsewhere such as Kuyt, Kezman.

According to that GetFootballNews France account on Twitter, who can be reliable, we are going to bid 29m Euros for Kurt Zouma and Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. 13m and 16m respectively.

I think its just too good to be true.

According to that GetFootballNews France account on Twitter, who can be reliable, we are going to bid 29m Euros for Kurt Zouma and Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. 13m and 16m respectively.

I think its just too good to be true.

Would be some deal if we got them two, like you say though can't see it happening.

If the above doesn't happen and Bony goes to Swansea I'll be gutted tbh, worrying that teams like Norwich, Swansea and Cardiff are making some canny signings while we don't seem to be doing much (again unless what Mark here is saying has any legs).

If Bony is £10mil and Swansea are the only team interested then something is up with him. His scoring record is similar to Alvez/Kezman's before we point to that as proof he will succeed in England

If he's £10m and we're not matching Swansea's offer I'd like to know why, I'd much rather have Bony than Gignackers or whatever he's called.

the cynical shite in me says "wise up we're never signing anyone for a double figure number, let alone two lads for 15-16m a piece"

then when i dare to think it could be true i instantly start thinking "well that means cabaye is heading off to monaco for 20m+ i guess"

Yup same here. We cant be blamed though, everytime you think the club has started to move in the right direction we take two steps backwards.

Edited by aimaad22

Yup same here. We cant be blamed though, everytime you think the club has started to move in the right direction we take two steps backwards.

The most baffling this is working out whether Ashley does it purposefully or whether he honestly hasn't got a clue what he is fucking doing.

The most baffling this is working out whether Ashley does it purposefully or whether he honestly hasn't got a clue what he is fucking doing.

I'm holding judgement on this until the start of the season.

Kinnear could bring something to the table and we have not lost anyone yet. So long as we get the players in that we need and give them a good two weeks together before the first day of the season.

I'm not seeing anything to worry about yet.

I am expecting some positive transfer dealings to happen in the next week.

Harper, Simpson, Amalfitano and Abeid out.

I'd be hoping we get good clubs to aid the development of the youngins. Dummett, Newton, Tavernier, Richardson, Inman, Bigi, Vuckic, Sameobi and Campbell could all get spots in starting 11's in the lower leagues. I reckon we will see a few added to the development squad too. Zemen confirmed next week is a start.

The big business needs addressing too though. A pacey young wide player, another big hitter to help Cisse and possibly someone to create from the middle. Anita, Tiote, Sissoko and Cabaye with an addition would be strong. As would the wings. Gutierrez, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Gouffran and Tom Ince maybe?

Im looking forward to seeing it all pan out.

Edited by StellarStripes

We have lost players, we've just released a handful. I know most of them aren't quite good enough, but I'm especially uncomfortable about Simpson going to QPR after being released. We've already got a threadbare squad, as Keegan says I feel the strategy needs to be to replace and then sell. Having 2 defenders for 1 position is not enough, especially when we are asking them to be defensive wingers (more chance of hamstrings / injuries etc).

I'm not sure David, I'd say the 3rd choice is reserve player.

My worry here is , all its going to take is a red card and an injury and you're screwed.

Most clubs have more than 3 players for these positions don't they? And 3 strikers at least also.

I reckon we have less cover than any other team in the premiership and it shows. We've got to have the smallest squad now , but I'm no statto so I'm not 100%.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...