Whats the longest you've stayed awake?

ChezGiven

Why? And what happened?

I know some of you are usually tucked up with teddy by 11pm sharp these days but i'm sure its not always been that way. When was the last time you stayed up to see the sunrise?

Even the most boring of students has had to pull an all-nighter to get that assignment in.

I used to stay up all night and then go out the next night on no sleep and do it all again on regular occasions.

I did it the other week with a 9 hour jet lag and it fucked me up for days. I reckon Dr G might be the longest on here, on one of infamous k and crack smoking sessions.

Had a decent old school night on Friday as it happens, bed by 5 (I think) and up in the gym at 11. I've been digging over an allotment today, our lass was still suffering. Early grave it is then. :lol:

I have certainly skipped two nights' sleep several times at festivals.

Did 48 hour benders many a weekend during my raving days. Go out Friday after work/uni, stay up all night raving, then back to an after party at someone's house. More booze, decks and drug till the pubs opened. Drink a bit more all day and night and finally crash at some ungodly hour on Sunday. Used to love It back in the day. I struggle to keep going past 3 or 4 am these days.

Used to love It back in the day. I struggle to keep going past 3 or 4 am these days.

That's my problem, although I'm pretty just a drinker nowadays. And to be honest I work long hours during the week, so I want to get as much sleep in as possible. Think that goes for most of my friends from that era too. I feel so old :(

I've only stopped up all night for travel. Can't sleep on planes or trains at all, so any long haul flight, or that gig I went to in Manchester where there was a bomb scare before the last train home and we had to sit on there through the night before it could depart the next day.

If there's a sunrise to be seen, I set my alarm for it

:loser:

I've only stopped up all night for travel. Can't sleep on planes or trains at all, so any long haul flight, or that gig I went to in Manchester where there was a bomb scare before the last train home and we had to sit on there through the night before it could depart the next day.

If there's a sunrise to be seen, I set my alarm for it

:loser:

Same here. The longest I've stayed awake has been for transatlantic travel.

Aye, long haul flights have kept me awake for a couple of days before on a few occasions. Practically speaking though, I have less than 3 hours sleep at night on quite a high proportion of days which I hate. Like last night for instance, feel like a zombie now.

Once went for a quiet couple of pints at the Black Horse in Monkseaton on a Friday night. It somehow turned into an all night session, culminating in walking out of Aspers at 9.30am and being blinded by bright sunlight. Somehow stayed awake all day, including going to the match and a night out in town afterwards.

Slept for most of the Sunday though, it ruined me.

I reckon Dr G might be the longest on here, on one of infamous k and crack smoking sessions.

i have a mate that scored some crack on cold harbour lane off some absolute pikey late doors once after an all nigth bender. i'm proud to say i did not partake.

In 20s when I'd go to all nighters on a friday and they stay up and go out again Sat until 3-4am or whatever. Nee chance doing that now like, Id probably die.

It takes me the best part of a week to get over a night out till about midnight and a bog standard hangover these days thanks to the bairn ensuring I never sleep in past about 7am. Even recovery naps on the sofa are a rarity.

First time I ever took a gary ablet in Ibiza I must have been up well over 24 hours and I'm not sure if I went out that night again too without having any sleep. Although I can remember very little about it other than trying to talk to some scottish bloke in the hotel bar and not being able to finish a single conversation as I'd fortgotten what we talking about half way through.

Similarly in Ibiza for the Millenium new year I ended up in Space until well into the afternoon on new years day, had a lie down by the pool for an hour and then went back out til about six the next morning.

Having never gone to uni my only reasons for ever staying awake that long have been drink, drugs and sex and more often than not a bit of all three!

I reckon it can still be done when you get older its just the recovery that's fucked up. Last time was when I was 36, I didn't go all the way through as i slept a bit on Saturday night / Sunday morning but I went from Friday morning to Monday afternoon with just 4 hours kip on the Sunday morning.

All thanks to Talking Heads, Thai ecstasy, Balloons and Ketamine. The mate I was with is a year or two younger than me and veers between being exactly like Dr G on here telling everyone about how much gym work he does and kale he is eating to going on 3 day benders. He goes to that Burning Man festival in the Nevada desert every year and doesn't sleep for about a week.