The Harlem Shake

Christmas Tree

What actually is it though? Like I get what happens, but is it referencing something? Is it supposed to be funny? What's the aim. I've seen a few but still have no idea what it is.

The 'rules', as far as I can tell, are that one person in a helmet/mask starts dancing whilst everyone else ignores them. The. The camera cuts, that shit song kicks in and everyone jumps around like a spaz.

The first couple may have been funny but when you have TV shows, sports teams and the like jumping on the band wagon it's about as cool as shouting 'WASSUUUUUUUUUP' down the phone.

That's the problem with the world today, anything remotely funny or interesting is pounced on for commercial purposes in a matter of days and whored to death.

it's about as cool as shouting 'WASSUUUUUUUUUP' down the phone.

:lol: I was just thinking about those adverts the other day.

I agree about things like this being whored to death. Remember in the late 90s when every British tv show had 5 of the girl characters dress up as the Spice Girls for some alleged comedy reason.