Life moves pretty fast...

Dr Gloom

I'm exactly the same. In and out on time unless there is a major drama. I go home for lunch most days as well. My boss knows the crack - he can rely on me when the shit hits the fan, but when it isn't I'm not spending a minute longer than I need to at work.

I work with people who will write really long emails during the day, take their computer home and then send that email at 8pm so it looks like they've worked late. I cannot be fucking arsed to play those games.

aye, fuck that shit.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, dont know if you remember but it was a double A-side with That Vocal Tune (also mint) which sampled the (also mint) garage classic Love and Happiness by River Ocean / India.

i love "one and only' by pfm, i think it was, too. but can't find the video on youtube to share. i think it was on logical progression. remember that one, alex? it had a vocal that went "ahh, yeah. you're my one and only"

i love "one and only' by pfm, i think it was, too. but can't find the video on youtube to share. i think it was on logical progression. remember that one, alex? it had a vocal that went "ahh, yeah. you're my one and only"

Yeah, it was on that. Still play that from time to time. If you like all that one of my favourite Bukem DJ mixes was a one called The Rebirth which included Hypersleep by Voyager:

The one that samples the film Aliens.

The whole leaving at 5 thing is one of the reasons I quit my job recently. I'm single Dad so I had to be out of the office and on the way to pick up kids from daycare by 5 otherwise I wouldn't get there before my daycare closed for the day.

Then you have to sit in the lunch room and listen to chumps talking about being at work until 8:30 every night like its some badge of honour.

Just because it takes 12 hours for some people to do what I can do in 8 doesn't mean they get a gold star, ffs. ;)

Anyway, I figured I needed to get out of the office environment because whilst I had a valid reason for leaving on time every day, I knew in the long term it would effect my career progression. Thats how I felt anyway.

So what we need to do is start a commune. There was one in town here a while back. They thought the apocalypse was coming, but we don't need to get that freaky. Just your bog standard polygamy style thing will do nicely. I'm leader of this rig so I get first pick of the lasses, or animals if we get desperate. All of you get on a plane to Australia. We can farm Kangeroos and hire them out for rides to get by. Can't fail.

CT, you stay home. Get on it people. Not you CT.

:lol: I wear leaving on time like a badge of honour but I know what you mean about people who stay late and like everyone to know about it. They may as well be announcing they fuck kids as far as I'm concerned.

The whole leaving at 5 thing is one of the reasons I quit my job recently. I'm single Dad so I had to be out of the office and on the way to pick up kids from daycare by 5 otherwise I wouldn't get there before my daycare closed for the day.

Then you have to sit in the lunch room and listen to chumps talking about being at work until 8:30 every night like its some badge of honour.

Just because it takes 12 hours for some people to do what I can do in 8 doesn't mean they get a gold star, ffs. ;)

Anyway, I figured I needed to get out of the office environment because whilst I had a valid reason for leaving on time every day, I knew in the long term it would effect my career progression. Thats how I felt anyway.

So what we need to do is start a commune. There was one in town here a while back. They thought the apocalypse was coming, but we don't need to get that freaky. Just your bog standard polygamy style thing will do nicely. I'm leader of this rig so I get first pick of the lasses, or animals if we get desperate. All of you get on a plane to Australia. We can farm Kangeroos and hire them out for rides to get by. Can't fail.

CT, you stay home. Get on it people. Not you CT.

Can I write the manifesto?

:lol: I wear leaving on time like a badge of honour but I know what you mean about people who stay late and like everyone to know about it. They may as well be announcing they fuck kids as far as I'm concerned.

:lol:

Fair share of work martyrs in our office, get some right looks if you aren't at the desk at half 8 and leave before 5.

Well fuck those old cunts, I have flexi time.

There'll be posts from me on here a few years ago saying work was canny, any of the shit that goes with it was water off a ducks back.

Bollocks to that shit now. Hate every second and have taken up the lottery again to give my life some hope.

I don't understand people wanting to start work later; my office is filled with people who don't show up until 10:30 and then do their full hours (sometimes longer).

In at 8, out by 4. Rush hour is for retards. :cuppa:

I work late pretty often and am the only person in the business not to be paid overtime for doing so :lol:

I also have a side business that I work on when at home, so I pretty much work all the live long day (except when posting on here).

I'm not sure why I do it, I think I'm hoping that one day I'll be minted and can sack everything else off...

:lol:

I work late pretty often and am the only person in the business not to be paid overtime for doing so :lol:

I also have a side business that I work on when at home, so I pretty much work all the live long day (except when posting on here).

I'm not sure why I do it, I think I'm hoping that one day I'll be minted and can sack everything else off...

Just ask for what you want and keep asking.

f8K66pe.jpg

Just through the door from a 14 1/2hr-shift that was meant to finish at 8am.

If anyone has a nice little 9-5, Mon-Fri vacancy going on, please let me know. Fucking hell :lol: