Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

I don't know about that. He got his finger burnt to an extent by not doing his due dilligence with us so I can't see him making that mistake again. And I think he always has an end game planned but he does things before he gets to that point just keep people from working him out.

Tanks on the lawn, i think if i've picked this up right Ashley has given Rangers a big loan, if they can't afford to pay it back (which seems ulikely given their financial state) Ashley will become the new owner of Rangers. Then hopefully he'll have to sell Newcastle United i know it's more complicated than that but that's how i've picked it up. Having said that i'm probably a million miles wrong.

He's taken the ground and a few other assets as a security against his loan but I don't know if that would mean transfer of ownership... although the effect might be quite similar.

He's taken the ground and a few other assets as a security against his loan but I don't know if that would mean transfer of ownership... although the effect might be quite similar.

He won't own the football club and won't need to.

He's played (playing) a blinder. He will own ALL of the assets (and retail income streams btw) anyone who want's to run a football club out of ÂŁ1brox will have to pay him for the privilege and he will have no interest or concerns over the costs of running aforesaid football club.

It's brilliant !!!!!

He won't own the football club and won't need to.

He's played (playing) a blinder. He will own ALL of the assets (and retail income streams btw) anyone who want's to run a football club out of ÂŁ1brox will have to pay him for the privilege and he will have no interest or concerns over the costs of running aforesaid football club.

It's brilliant !!!!!

Hes up in front of the sfa tomorrow for trying to increase his shareholding, which is a strange thing to have been doing if all he's interested in is hiring the club out. Am not saying you're wrong, but there may be a bit more to it. Owning rangers at the moment is a deal, a bargain that his inner barrowboy can't resist.

I reckon he's just trying to give them enough rope to hang themselves. Once they can't repay his loans he'll arrange a deal whereby he turns his debt into equity. The SFA are the only fly in the ointment.

Hes up in front of the sfa tomorrow for trying to increase his shareholding, which is a strange thing to have been doing if all he's interested in is hiring the club out. Am not saying you're wrong, but there may be a bit more to it. Owning rangers at the moment is a deal, a bargain that his inner barrowboy can't resist.

He's up in front of the SFA (or The Rangers are) for Ashley having undue influence over The Rangers. He wanted to increase to 29.9% to ensure he could influence everything his way but SFA kyboshed that but even with his 10% holding he's managed to get his grubbies on everything of value, assets, retail and image rights etc.

SFA is full of old Rangers men, they won't do anything, anyway it looks like it's too late.

Llambias and the new Finance Director (who resigned tens of directorships related to SD prior to taking the position) have nothing to do with Ashley at all and he has no influence on the day to day running of The Rangers ;)

I reckon he's just trying to give them enough rope to hang themselves. Once they can't repay his loans he'll arrange a deal whereby he turns his debt into equity. The SFA are the only fly in the ointment.

No way they can repay these loans, so yep they'll hang themselves so he'll get to own all the assets etc. he doesn't need to own the football club, he can let some other mug do that and pay him for the privilege, whilst he also owns all the retail etc. SFA etc. can't do anything about it.

They'll get it from somewhere, there's no way they're going to let it end up in Administration again.

Saying that, how are they still in the shit? Wasn't the whole going bust thing supposed to sort this out?

They'll get it from somewhere, there's no way they're going to let it end up in Administration again.

Saying that, how are they still in the shit? Wasn't the whole going bust thing supposed to sort this out?

By setting up a new company and then spending money they didn't have and steam rollering the opposition. Plus the attendances have dropped significantly with a lot of fans pissed off by what's happening.

But presumably someone sat down and said "Right so, this is how much we'll earn for promotion back into the SPL over a 3 year plan, this is how much we're planning to budget for it, and this is what we have." Like any sensible business would.

It's not like they missed a step getting back is it? They've been promoted each year.

Which means that they've either not sat down and worked out how much revenue they'd make over the course of that period, or they've massively overestimated attendance revenue. Either way someone needs shooting.

But presumably someone sat down and said "Right so, this is how much we'll earn for promotion back into the SPL over a 3 year plan, this is how much we're planning to budget for it, and this is what we have." Like any sensible business would.

It's not like they missed a step getting back is it? They've been promoted each year.

Which means that they've either not sat down and worked out how much revenue they'd make over the course of that period, or they've massively overestimated attendance revenue. Either way someone needs shooting.

Their manager was getting paid more in the Scottish League Two than Pardew was getting from us in the PL.

By setting up a new company and then spending money they didn't have and steam rollering the opposition. Plus the attendances have dropped significantly with a lot of fans pissed off by what's happening.

Obviously their attendances are down compared to when they were in the EPL, but at an average over 32000 they are still second to Celtic. Their top crowd so far this season was over 43000.

Obviously their attendances are down compared to when they were in the EPL, but at an average over 32000 they are still second to Celtic. Their top crowd so far this season was over 43000.

The club has admitted to vastly inflating their stated attendances.

Taking Ibrox as collateral isn't going to be popular. Looks like Rangers are going to fall apart again here...a disaster for Scottish football, given how pointless it's been since they fell apart again last time.

:lol: I still don't even get what he's doing getting involved in that mess.

I was thinking about the prospects of him selling though, and wondered if (wishful thinking) he might be vindicated in the years to come. Under FFP there's absolutely no prospect of a super wealthy buyer coming along as they won't be able to invest their money to get the desired results. As such, no football clubs will be looking particularly attractive these days. Lerner has been trying to sell Villa for years without any joy, and its apparently for this reason.

The only way I think a football club could become an attractive proposition, is if it's one run like we are; profit making with relatively low costs. If that's the only way that Ashley can get out of the club then maybe we should actually be pleased that he's doing this. Although the paradox I suppose would be that if he was more ambitious, we probably wouldn't want him out of the club anyway.

Taking Ibrox as collateral isn't going to be popular. Looks like Rangers are going to fall apart again here...a disaster for Scottish football, given how pointless it's been since they fell apart again last time.

A disaster !!!! Only for Rangers, ask any fan of any other club and it's the best thing that's happened for just about ever. It's a myth perpetuated by the Scottish media who are in The Rangers pocket.

Hearts, Aberdeen (top of the Premier league) Dundee Utd, Motherwell and a few others are now completely debt free.

Rangers became successful due to financial doping with money they didn't have, hence the collapse, the old clubs success was basically based upon cheating and fraud (EBT's). Their crowds are down to around 14-15K

The only clubs hurt by Rangers demise are the Huns themselves and Celtic (who's turnover is down ÂŁ10 Mill a year), everyone else is on the up.

:lol: I still don't even get what he's doing getting involved in that mess.

I was thinking about the prospects of him selling though, and wondered if (wishful thinking) he might be vindicated in the years to come. Under FFP there's absolutely no prospect of a super wealthy buyer coming along as they won't be able to invest their money to get the desired results. As such, no football clubs will be looking particularly attractive these days. Lerner has been trying to sell Villa for years without any joy, and its apparently for this reason.

The only way I think a football club could become an attractive proposition, is if it's one run like we are; profit making with relatively low costs. If that's the only way that Ashley can get out of the club then maybe we should actually be pleased that he's doing this. Although the paradox I suppose would be that if he was more ambitious, we probably wouldn't want him out of the club anyway.

He's getting involved to make money, he already has their retail stitched up via SD (and owns their image rights I believe) if he ends up owning all the assets he can lease/rent them back to the football club and whoever runs that.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt