Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

He runs sports direct with debts too.

I Think the club can still avoid tax based on previous losses, but with the profits we're making we'll soon have to start paying off loans rather than report a profit if we want to keep the tax bill down.

Personally I think the benefit of sportsdirect advertising at the toon for the sportsdirect brand is overplayed. I have nothing factual to base that on but we're not a glamour club or anything.

Au-fucking-contraire. We're not a glamour club as long as he owns us, this club has plenty of evidence of being a glamour club but you have to turn the clock back pre-Ashley. As for the interest free debt, that's really great of him to do that, it really is. If we aren't paying interest the debt must be going down all the more faster. It's what? Not moved at all? :nah: Advertising works however much we laugh about it so to disregard it isn't helpful.

He runs sports direct with debts too.

I Think the club can still avoid tax based on previous losses, but with the profits we're making we'll soon have to start paying off loans rather than report a profit if we want to keep the tax bill down.

Capital repayments can't be offset against profits, only interest payments.

If advertising didn't work it wouldn't be an industry of the size it is. You like to think you aren't susceptible to it, but en masse we are.

We were Europa league quarter finalists, that's a little bit sexy.

Lol we're not talking about a slinky car ad, we're talking about a bunch of cheap shit looking signs which are as tacky as anything.

So here's living the dream: you tune in to watch the toon play a glamour match against the likes of Hull or Villa (or any other also ran just like us). And as you watch the absolute shit sandwich served up by our fuck witted numb nuts of a manager and his clueless lickspittles, and contemplate stabbing your eyes out with a fork to relieve the boredom, your attention wanders to the garish signs that festoon our great stadium. What is this you wonder? Sportsdirect? Why I must check it out! Perhaps there's stuff I can buy! I hope they sell tracksuits!

Like I said, I think its overplayed. It probably just serves to remind people to pop down to the store to pick up spme cheap socks.

Parky is right for a change, it's largely repetition. If someone wants some sports gear then where do they look? Sports Direct. They don't know why but it's the first place that pops into their head because they've seen it so often. Even the controversy of renaming the stadium for a short period was worth a fortune to them because of all the free media exposure they got for it. Everyone knows Mike Ashley is Sports Direct, prior to his buying us no one had a clue who he was and probably still wouldn't.

Lol we're not talking about a slinky car ad, we're talking about a bunch of cheap shit looking signs which are as tacky as anything.

So here's living the dream: you tune in to watch the toon play a glamour match against the likes of Hull or Villa (or any other also ran just like us). And as you watch the absolute shit sandwich served up by our fuck witted numb nuts of a manager and his clueless lickspittles, and contemplate stabbing your eyes out with a fork to relieve the boredom, your attention wanders to the garish signs that festoon our great stadium. What is this you wonder? Sportsdirect? Why I must check it out! Perhaps there's stuff I can buy! I hope they sell tracksuits!

Like I said, I think its overplayed. It probably just serves to remind people to pop down to the store to pick up spme cheap socks.

People in Europe don't know SD are cunts tho. ;)

:lol:

They're not just advertising to you or me who are sceptical of SD but anyone watching a clip on MOTD or sky who may have no idea of our club or care even less if they did. There's a lot more Non-NUFC fans throughout the world than there is Newcastle United supporters and I'd hazard a guess more non-NUFC fans have seen his advertsing around St. James' Park and in the tunnel for interviews than Mags. SD is always there. if it isn't important why is it there?

When I was in Austria last week I chose to go to Intersport for some hiking gear and not SD...The locals don't know enough to make that kind of decision. If as they all do in Europe watch copious amounts of PL then the advertising will have an effect, even if it is only brand recognition through repetition.

The repetition thing makes more sense to me tbh. Ive no idea how often the toon are on telly in the uk these days. In nz you have to buy all the matches in advance off an internet company bit you can watch on demand. I suspect people here cherry pick the best matches....no idea what happens in significant markets like the usa or china.

4qsb54.jpg

11 clubs paid less than £1m in interest. £3.8m in total on a combined £587m of debt in 12/13 (0.65%).

It's a very good thing that Newcastle have gone from a club that was paying £4.5m - £7.5m a year on interest to one paying coppers, but that's just a trend among most clubs as billionaire owners with less reliance on the banks become the norm.

Like I say, none of those other clubs seem to give away millions of pounds in free advertising.

I think with the loan tagged on to the price of the club it makes us almost un buyable. Any potential buyer is going to have to pay almost twice the asking price and thats why he's got us by the balls. Of course he could write the loan off in an instant its a mere drop in the ocean to him but he wont. He's quite happy to run the club on a shoestring while lapping up free worldwide advertising for SD. Is it coincidence he's 3 times richer now than he was when he took over the club .

I want an NUFC trackie top to wear down to the Moto GP in a fortnight. Is there anyway of buying it through a 3rd party or does the money end up in MA's pocket anyway?

Not sure mate but I would think all roads lead to Ashley.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt