Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

So given he lead them to their league title and was a leader of men; why hasn't he shown any of that here? I don't mean why hasn't he lead, but he's still taking his cues from other players, he's yet to impose his will on any of the back line.

Look, I know that you're delighted he's signed for us and you're a massive fan of his, but I don't think he's the finished article and won't be for some time. I also believe that putting the pressure on him to lead this club at the back is too much too soon. I think we need to go and buy a man who is ready to immediately lead the back line. A Hangeland, a dominant centre half who knows the league and can allow Mbiwa to grow into the role without being rushed into it.

Because he can't speak the language. :lol:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes because that's all it is. Howay man.

I'm not saying that's all it is, I'm saying he's not even doing that.

For all he was a captain before, he's showing none of that here. None of it.

I know he's going to be class, but that doesn't mean he's ready to lead this club, in this league at this time.

In never said that he was ready to lead this club at the moment though.

So why were you saying we didn't need a leader at the back, that we needed a ball playing centre half instead?

Because we need one in the summer if Colo goes.

Which suggests you think we don't need to sign leader for the back? This means you either think Mbiwa is ready or that this role is already satisfied by somebody else?

I would personally prioritise a leader over a ball playing centre back, especially under Pardew.

Edited by The Fish

Which suggests you think we don't need to sign leader for the back? This means you either think Mbiwa is ready or that this role is already satisfied by somebody else?

I would personally prioritise a leader over a ball playing centre back, especially under Pardew.

I live in hope that if we survive he gets sacked.

I live in hope that if we survive he gets sacked.

He's not going anywhere if we survive. To be honest, I'd be surprised if he gets the boot if we do go down.

Moyes finished 7th, then 17th with Everton and following season went on to finish 4th.

Watch this space. ;)

Not another one. :lol:

Think we did most of our business for 2013 in January. To tell the truth that doesn't worry me too much. I think the current squad, fit, well drilled, with a good pre-season is solid enough to avoid a repeat of this season.

Just need a top class striker. And centre back if coloccini is going.

I think we need an experienced centre back tbh - we may have to spend a lot - It would be no good having Yanga-Mbiwa and another lad both learning the league.

I think we need a couple of strikers tbh - it's a squad game.

We'll see some significant outgoings this summer unless we replace Pardew with a top manager. They'll need replacing.

Colo, one of Cahaye or Tiote, Santon (can see a Serie A side making an offer we can't refuse), Anita will all go. Plus the likes of Simpson etc. Reckon we'll hold onto the likes of Ben Arfa and Cisse tbh.

Big changes afoot, including the new TV money. In terms of 'big name' signings, I think we'll see the two positions you mentioned being strengthened (a new striker being the clear priority), plus another midfielder.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

We need to spend money just to stand still tbh.

That's true, but we should also have more resources available to us than most other clubs. Many teams were spending heavily this season in order to ensure that they were part of the windfall for next year (see Stoke and Sunderland - QPR obviously as well, although they won't be there). All three newly promoted teams will be heavily disadvantaged.

We should really be spunking a good £20-30mill this summer even before the probable departures of Cabaye and Tiote (both of whom, currently, I wouldn't miss).

If we don't then it's going to be more of this small time mentality bollocks from the board.

Edited by Rayvin

Think we did most of our business for 2013 in January. To tell the truth that doesn't worry me too much. I think the current squad, fit, well drilled, with a good pre-season is solid enough to avoid a repeat of this season.

Just need a top class striker. And centre back if coloccini is going.

Who's out there, in our range (price and position) and good enough? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head (I'm sure Graham Carr has a better resource than that sparsely populated path, mind) and I'm concerned that those that have been mooted, (Remy) would present similar problems to those we endure now.

Who's out there, in our range (price and position) and good enough? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head (I'm sure Graham Carr has a better resource than that sparsely populated path, mind) and I'm concerned that those that have been mooted, (Remy) would present similar problems to those we endure now.

Aubameyang is the 'the one'. Who knows, could still get him.

Edited by Monroe Transfer