Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

CT says Pardew is. Not sure why.

I don't think he is.

I am saying that the statement doesn't stand up to basic scrutiny with respect to the supposed infrastructure at the club, casting the scouting team in a negative light. I appreciate, as does CT, that this is nothing to do with reality and is surely an unintended consequence of a poorly written piece of propaganda.

What the statement should read is 'How Much?! We're not spending that!', but they've tried to be smart arses about it, and failed, naturally.

Edited by trophyshy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is blaming Carr?

Some people are reading far too much into Pardews statement.

However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already had and there is no point bringing in new players unless they can improve us and take us forward.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130903/statement-from-alan-pardew-summer-transfer-window_2281670_3446911

The fact it Pardew said "some", suggests not all.

Edited by Phil

Some people are reading far too much into Pardews statement.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130903/statement-from-alan-pardew-summer-transfer-window_2281670_3446911

The fact it Pardew said "some", suggests not all.

So some of the players available (within our financial means) were not as good as what we've got.

Therefore some of the players available (within our financial means) were as good (or better?) than what we've got.

Why didn't we buy them then?

:lol:

So some of the players available (within our financial means) were not as good as what we've got.

Therefore some of the players available (within our financial means) were as good (or better?) than what we've got.

Why didn't we buy them then?

:lol:

I thought we did put a few bids out, Gomis and Aubameyang?

Perhaps we can field the stumbling block instead of Shola?

We lost none of the better players and less fixtures, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Cisse's form is a bigger concern than any signings.

The cunt in charge is the biggest concern, buy aye, why not, let's worry about Cisse's form.

Do you think Remy will help Cisse to improve? Assuming he stays out of jail?

It's difficult to see how Remy will help Cisse stay on side or hit the target, but he should give much better balance to the team, which should improve everyone.

I think Remy in a free role, and by that I mean not in prison, will directly and indirectly create considerably more chances for Cisse, which should improve his return if not his all round game.