Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Our only hope is that he'll sell sometime soon to a proper billionaire who wants to spunk cash on a footy club for the fun of it. Yes please, fuck the integrity of it, bring some fun back.....

You mean like the guy who has bought 20% of Sheffield United?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like the guy who has bought 20% of Sheffield United?

Dunno about the Blades, I just hanker for a proper rich bastard, mad as a hatter, more money than sense etc. There's no fun in treating the club like a proper business. In fact I'd like us to be bought by a country please. Brunei would do.

Edit: a stinking rich country. I'm not talking about someone underfunded like Latvia......

Edited by Kitman

Dunno about the Blades, I just hanker for a proper rich bastard, mad as a hatter, more money than sense etc. There's no fun in treating the club like a proper business. In fact I'd like us to be bought by a country please. Brunei would do.

Edit: a stinking rich country. I'm not talking about someone underfunded like Latvia......

You mean someone like

Sheffield United owner Kevin McCabe has sold a 50 per cent stake in the club to Prince Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, who becomes joint owner.

Prince Abdullah, aged 47, grandson of the founder of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, King Abdulaziz, has secured a 50 per cent interest in the club's holding company Blades Leisure Ltd and becomes co-chairman alongside McCabe.

Forbes has an Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud as their 7th most powerful men on the planet, but it may be his grandfather? Either way, they've a foreign backer who is (reportedly) a huge football nut...

So the buyers are out there, but how many would do a deal with Ashley is another matter. I heard that Sheikh Mansour was interested, but when Ashley haggled too much he moved onto Man City. Imagine where we would be now if that hadn't happened that way?

You started well until you mentioned what we have for back up :lol: Williamson? Dont rate him. Taylor? Sure, Id have him as back up. Dummet Id like to see get the odd cup game as he keeps progressing. But what about Cisse? Who is his back up? Should he even start? Who is pushing him for a place or does he just have to turn up? Centre midfield is fine, but what about the outside? Who backs up HBA? Obertan???

Hey , Im not saying its great, simply it's a hell of a lot better than the relegation fodder some people are making out.

You mean someone like

Forbes has an Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud as their 7th most powerful men on the planet, but it may be his grandfather? Either way, they've a foreign backer who is (reportedly) a huge football nut...

So the buyers are out there, but how many would do a deal with Ashley is another matter. I heard that Sheikh Mansour was interested, but when Ashley haggled too much he moved onto Man City. Imagine where we would be now if that hadn't happened that way?

* sob *

Fucking Ashley....

Hey , Im not saying its great, simply it's a hell of a lot better than the relegation fodder some people are making out.

I think most people are saying that it's entirely possible we'll be in trouble around Xmas, we'll sign the players that we should have signed now and we'll limp on another year. Rinse and repeat until Ashley has recouped all, or enough, of the money he's invested before he sells.

Oh and nobody should kid themselves that he'll give a shit about who he sells to, as long as they've got the money he couldn't give a fuck if we end up with Thaksin Shinawatra.

I think Ashley would enjoy selling us to someone really shit. NIce way to sign off his ownership.....a bit like splaying his cheeks against the back window as his bentley heads past Washington services.....

He wouldn't care less who he sold to. It would go to whoever offered the money.A couple of questions for Chez/Happy :

What is the total of the interest free loans that he gave the club?

Do Season Ticket sales cover player wages?

I'm just trying to workout if he's keeping the TV money, Wonga money, Puma money, etc in the club itself so it's there for him to take back in the event a new owner shows interest.

I really did think that with the huge tv money and the club being out of debt that it would now "wash it's own face".

I think it now washes a part of Ashley's anatomy instead....

I really did think this is where he wanted the club to get to. A point where Ashley had to put in no more of his money, the club then every season has money from sponsorship, season tickets & tv to spend on new players and their wages.

I really did think this is where he wanted the club to get to. A point where Ashley had to put in no more of his money, the club then every season has money from sponsorship, season tickets & tv to spend on new players and their wages.

Yeah it's hugely disappointing. We're not interested in progressing now imo, just getting by.....maybe it is all about repaying the loans and getting out now for Ashley.....

Dont call me a Keef, you plank. If Sissoko gets better he might chip in with a few more goals. Or assists at least. How many assists did het get in the previous 56? He added one or two for us iirc.

I think the only planks are the ones trying to defend the regime pal. For the record he's scored 6 goals in his last 72 matches.

Yeah it's hugely disappointing. We're not interested in progressing now imo, just getting by.....maybe it is all about repaying the loans and getting out now for Ashley.....

That's what I'm wondering-it certainly seems that way.

I think most people are saying that it's entirely possible we'll be in trouble around Xmas, we'll sign the players that we should have signed now and we'll limp on another year. Rinse and repeat until Ashley has recouped all, or enough, of the money he's invested before he sells.

Oh and nobody should kid themselves that he'll give a shit about who he sells to, as long as they've got the money he couldn't give a fuck if we end up with Thaksin Shinawatra.

Why should he? The Halls said they did when they sold to the fat cunt. They didnt do due dilligence either ;)

It's all a bit shit and we better get used to it.

Look at the vast amounts being spent to try and get near the top four.

It's all about treading water these days and even that costs a lot. A shining knight is our only hope of ever really competing again and they're like hens teeth.

We missed the boat after Keegan and missed it again after Bobby.

I'd say there's no way we'll be near the top twenty richest clubs when Ashley is finished with us. Our profile on both a national and international level will have shrunken substancially and all that brand recognition formed in the mid and late 90s through to the early 2000s will be long gone.

It's all a bit shit and we better get used to it.

Look at the vast amounts being spent to try and get near the top four.

It's all about treading water these days and even that costs a lot. A shining knight is our only hope of ever really competing again and they're like hens teeth.

We missed the boat after Keegan and missed it again after Bobby.

hang on, ashley's a football genius isn't he? isn't he our white knight?