Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus wept.....

Statement From Alan Pardew - Summer Transfer Window

We are delighted to have brought Loic Remy to the club in this window and we believe he will form an exciting and effective partnership with Papiss Cisse.

Joe has worked hard on numerous targets, particularly an additional offensive player. However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already had and there is no point bringing in new players unless they can improve us and take us forward.

We did the majority of our business in the January window, signing five excellent first team players.

With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind.

They forgot to put the odd 'trust me' and 'let me tell you' in that statement. Even their lies are slipping.

Not sure what else you would expect him to say. He either walks or sings the company tune.

TBF I agree. Its all bullshit and he is probably sick to the teeth saying it as it goes against stuff he has already said. But, what else could he do? He isnt going to be critical to the club etc. But you see the dig against us at the end for being negative? Fuck off man :lol:

Not sure what else you would expect him to say. He either walks or sings the company tune.

If he was a man of principle it should be the former.....

:lol:

Why would he resign? Ashley has been clear from day 1 what the constraints placed on him are. I'm sure he's been even clearer in private.

It's nothing like the Keegan thing where he was sold one vision and shafted with another.

You see, for me, I would be more onside if the club just turned round in July and said 'you know what, we're happy with what we've got, maybe add a centre forward (Remy) and if we identity someone else within our financial constraints that's too good a chance to turn down then it's a bonus.'

It's the patronising contradictions I can't stand. Arse and elbows.

You see, for me, I would be more onside if the club just turned round in July and said 'you know what, we're happy with what we've got, maybe add a centre forward (Remy) and if we identity someone else within our financial constraints that's too good a chance to turn down then it's a bonus.'

I've ignored a great deal of the transfer talk, because it's bollocks and i always do.

Were we not relatively clear that if Cabaye went we would spend...he didn't, so we didn't.

I've ignored a great deal of the transfer talk, because it's bollocks and i always do.

Were we not relatively clear that if Cabaye went we would spend...he didn't, so we didn't.

They're like one of those snidy people you work with form time to time who say one thing to your face and do another behind your back.

Graham Carr been recommending players not good enough to sign then, has he?

Pretty much. Luke Edwards nailed it on twitter too. They hail the clubs solvency when it fits their angle them but that doesn't suit their story today so we're skint again and can't compete.

Exactly. The comments from Pardew a couple of weeks ago along the lines of "we definitely need some additions".

That's the thing, confusion rains. One week it's 'we need a few more bodies' and the next week it's 'we're fine, the squad is strong etc.'

There is no clarity to it, probably because Pardew, bless him, has no fucking idea what is going on.

The words of Alan Pardew on August 23rd......

"We have to make sure we get one or two transfers over the line before deadline."

What's changed in 11 days then?

That's the thing, confusion rains. One week it's 'we need a few more bodies' and the next week it's 'we're fine, the squad is strong etc.'

There is no clarity to it, probably because Pardew, bless him, has no fucking idea what is going on.

That's it nailled on. The mouthpieces are Pardew and Kinnear. One is just being underminded to the point where he hasn't got a clue what's going on the other is just a clown who may or may not be pissed when he speaks so you either get lies or drunken ranting!