Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

But Carrs sole job is to source footballers that fit all the criteria.

Impossible criteria cannot be met...which that statement seems to acknowledge.

No surprise you're willing to turn on Carr, who you have lavished praise on before, in order to avoid criticising Ashley.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: what do you expect him to do, work a miracle?

It's not Carr's fault - the constraints they set is ridiculous.

No surprise you're willing to turn on Carr, who you have lavished praise on before, in order to avoid criticising Ashley.

CT was one of those who used to play Championship Manager and cheat by getting 'Player2' to be the manager of the team he wants to sign a player from so he can accept a mega-low price.

JFK is apparently in France 'on business'.

Joe, the window shut yesterday you faaakin clown, you're 'job'is done. now return to Newcastle to collect you're P45 and be on your way.

I owe you a pint for this,

Mike.

How do you know he didn't? He could have given lists of players to Kinnear who might have pulled the same move he did with Douglas and want to see the players himself. We're set up now to not spend in the summer and then react to trouble in January by bringing in some players if we need it.

Carr wanted Thauvin last January (available for 3m), but he chose Lille over us.

There's not a chance in hell we couldn't have got him back in January if we really wanted him. He'd just been sold 6 months later for 12 million!

What more do you want?

I'm not turning on Carr at all. My point (like HMHM) is that on reading it, it looks like he's carrying the can.

I'm not turning on Carr at all. My point (like HMHM) is that on reading it, it looks like he's carrying the can.

Not how i read it at all. I think they're justifying not buying one by saying no-one fit the criteria they'd set. Crucially they don't divulge what the criteria was (nor do I expect them to) but I bet it was cloud-cuckoo land and incapable of smearing Carr's reputation.

Its the scouts fault we don't sign players :lol:

This is "they aren't good enough according to Joe Kinnear" basically, who thought douglas wasn't worth a free fucking transfer

fucking hell.

CT is right, Pardew's statement does implicate the scout, probably not on purpose. If it does not implicate the scout, then why do we even have a scout?

"However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already have"

Why are we even looking at them if they are not as good as the players we have? Did Carr recommend them? If not then why are we looking at them? Joe scouted them himself did he? What's wrong with the list of players recommended by the scout? Is the scout an idiot or is he being ignored?

I know this is all just their bullshit way of trying to half arsedly placate the fans, it just doesn't stand up to common sense.

You're too stupid for words if you believe it could in any way be Carr's fault for the lack of activity. We had bids accepted for Gomis and were in talks with Bent, pulled out of the Douglas deal. Carr done his job scouting those players. It's then up to the negotiations, which Kinnear is "in charge of" to sign these players. Stop believing the Clubs BS and see with your own eyes their was no ambition to better the club this summer.

You're too stupid for words if you believe it could in any way be Carr's fault for the lack of activity. We had bids accepted for Gomis and were in talks with Bent, pulled out of the Douglas deal. Carr done his job scouting those players. It's then up to the negotiations, which Kinnear is "in charge of" to sign these players. Stop believing the Clubs BS and see with your own eyes their was no ambition to better the club this summer.

Whoosh :lol:

CT is right, Pardew's statement does implicate the scout, probably not on purpose.  If it does not implicate the scout, then why do we even have a scout?

"However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already have"

Why are we even looking at them if they are not as good as the players we have?  Did Carr recommend them?  If not then why are we looking at them?  Joe scouted them himself did he?  What's wrong with the list of players recommended by the scout?  Is the scout an idiot or is he being ignored?

I know this is all just their bullshit way of trying to half arsedly placate the fans, it just doesn't stand up to common sense.

We are looking for players to go on the bench. We said last year that's what we were after too. Those players we have looked at have an asking price beyond what Ashley is willing to pay.

Don't see how Carr can be blamed for the market value placed on players and Ashley bring unwilling to match it.

CT says Pardew is. Not sure why.

Not sure which bit of this you are struggling with?

A few of us have read that statement and got the impression that its a slur on Carr. Doesn't mean we are right, just that that's the impression we took from reading it.