Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Totti has said that he wouldn't sit at the same dinner table with me," Di Canio replied. "I said that was no great loss because if you tell Totti there are tensions in the Middle East, he'll assume that a fight has broken out on the right side of midfield."

:lol:

I don't know if he's a bad manager and he may well keep them up, but that's more to do with Reading & QPR than sunderland. I do know that if results do go their way his "political beliefs" will be ignored by BBC & Sky. The print press may be sharpening their knives, but the tv channels will be rubbing their hands. "He's a character". Fuck off man, being a fascist isn't an endearing quirk like Holloway's west country rambling, or Sir Bobby's malapropisms.

Faux outrage as always on twitter . No Italian ex footballer every called me Nigger. Just plenty from the wonderful UK shires. Where were you anti fascists at Swindon? Where we're you when he was st WHU/Sheff Wed. Pick and chose your outrage.

Edited by PaddockLad

There would be plenty of our support doing the same if he was appointed here tbf. Football fans can excuse anything/anyone a lot of the time.

You don't even have to imagine it, there wasn't a huge amount of fury when we signed Bowyer or Woodgate

There would be plenty of our support doing the same if he was appointed here tbf. Football fans can excuse anything/anyone a lot of the time.

Agreed. But it could also be asked why has Collymore chosen now to goad football supporters about selective outrage?....where was Collymore's own "Keep Di Canio out of Witlshire" campaign when he was appointed manager of Swindon? Its the same thing iyam. Facism is as legitimate as the BNP or the EDL. If people feel so strongly that theyre making a post on twitter about it then I think they're no that bothered, Collymore included.

You don't even have to imagine it, there wasn't a huge amount of fury when we signed Bowyer or Woodgate

Different thing really, doubt if either of them are life long followers of facism. If they are they've got the good sense to keep it private.

Agreed. But it could also be asked why has Collymore chosen now to goad football supporters about selective outrage?....where was Collymore's own "Keep Di Canio out of Witlshire" campaign when he was appointed manager of Swindon? Its the same thing iyam. Facism is as legitimate as the BNP or the EDL. If people feel so strongly that theyre making a post on twitter about it then I think they're no that bothered, Collymore included.

Ah I wasn't defending that tool. I'd be keeping my mouth shut about principled stances if I was a woman beating dogger. This prick threatened to burn his wife's patents house down after threatening to kill her ffs. :lol:

Yeah Stan, lecture us on principles please, we're all ears.

Has Stan forgotten about all the outrage Di Canio caused when social media didn't exist?

I remember giving a Swindon fan some jip on twitter. I was anti fascist before it was cool B)

It'll be enjoyable to watch Di Canio's approach evolve when he's no longer in league two/league one with one of the best teams . He could afford to chalk up a goal difference & look like one of the better managers - it's not quite going to be the same with Danny Graham - 0 goals - 7 games - and Sessengnon.

Much like Pardew - who's Southampton team scored over a hundred in league one - obviously when managing at a higher level he has to think twice about things. I don't think Sunderland have enough for him to adopt his usual approach - lack of goals - is probably more characteristic of O'Neill's approach but I'm not sure they have the players to get by any other way.

It's also a lot easier when you're a big fish in a small pond - which Di Canio was at Swindon - he isn't going to put players like John O'Shea who been there & seen Di Canio on the pitch in awe. So I think a lot of his sway will be shouting & pushing - like a red nosed Neil Warnock.

Different thing really, doubt if either of them are life long followers of facism. If they are they've got the good sense to keep it private.

Didn't mean they were fascists, just that their previous behaviour drew a reaction from some sections of the NUFC fanbas, but others were willing to ignore that if the on-pitch performances were good enough. Nobody mentions that Woodgate was the only one of the two convicted of affray, but Bowyer was the player to receive the most resistance.