West Brom vs Newcastle United

2bias

Wigan's players may be fit enough to lift their games at this time of the season...it will be interesting to see if Sissoko and Cabaye are selected from the start on Saturday. They both need a rest.

can we afford to rest them though? cabaye's been shit but who comes in for him? anita?

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully arsenal will have a champions league place tied up by the time they come to sjp and will be getting ready for summer. i wouldn't fancy having to beat them to stay up on the last day though.

Wigan's players may be fit enough to lift their games at this time of the season...it will be interesting to see if Sissoko and Cabaye are selected from the start on Saturday. They both need a rest.

I think 6 days without a game will be relief enough for the pair of them to start.

can we afford to rest them though? cabaye's been shit but who comes in for him? anita?

Thats the thing. On the face of it its inconceiveable going into the final half dozen games without them. But I think Cabaye is still carrying a knock, which is affecting his form and Sissoko has played (I think) every minute of every game since he signed....16 games in 10 weeks. His performance level drops off in the last half hour of most games at the moment. Maybe its because of his energetic style at the start of games that it is so noticeable, but still, he's one of the players identified as coming in during January and making the difference between our shite form pre window and reasonable displays post window. Losing these lads is trouble. Anita and Tiote in midfield, Ben Arfa in for Sissoko is maybe how we'll go.

I don't know where this view of our upcoming opponents as unstoppable foes is coming from...

west brom a - Beat them convincingly last season. They've Dropped points at home to the likes of Villa, Stoke, West ham and Fulham. They've only won one in five, three in ten. Nowt to play for.

liverpool h - Haven't beaten anyone above us on the road. Only won one of their last 4 games. Which were against the might of Reading, Southampton, West Ham & Villa.

west ham a - Have only won one of their last five games.

qpr a - Basically relegated. A paltry point from the last 12 available

arsenal h - Nowt to play for hopefully, hit and miss at SJP at the best of times, we often get a draw against them.

Struggling to get my head round how anyone needs more than 6 days rest, no matter how physical their job is.......

I'm still feeling deflated from Sunday, terrible day as it was. But honestly, you don't half talk some pessimistic shite MT! :lol:

I've cheered up a bit since then, just felt so deflated myself. Definitely exaggerating there and I knew it at the time.

Can't call the next few results in either direction tbh - but what will be will be.

Felt a lot better after last night's results going our way somewhat (both up and down the table from our perspective).

And the club hasn't slapped £25m price tags on everyone.

The majority of football content in the papers is completely fabricated to fill pages.

If a big offer came in, I'm sure we would consider it, but on an individual basis.

And the club hasn't slapped £25m price tags on everyone.

The majority of football content in the papers is completely fabricated to fill pages.

If a big offer came in, I'm sure we would consider it, but on an individual basis.

I'm sure each player as an individual price tag.

Funny team West Brom this year, seem to be either brilliant or terrible, we were jammy to beat them at home. Lukaku I like a lot and was over the friggin moon when they took him off up here, which I think was a massive mistake as he was ripping us a new arsehole.