Things you used to love......

Christmas Tree

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday evenings were the worst thing in the entire world ever, hearing the Bullseye theme tune still makes me depressed.

Loved going swimming every day in the summer holiday, was sunny pretty much every day, massive grass area for a kickabout then back in the pool when you were too hot. Some chips from the canteen when you got hungry, made friends with the staff so always got a few extra chucked on. Life was good :thumbup:

I swear we had better summers 20 odd years ago. My memories of summer school holidays are magic. Six weeks that seemed to go on forever. Now it's over before you blink and you can count the sunny days on one hand.

Getting a quarter bag of cola cubes or sherbet lemons and it being the most exciting thing ever.

Games of football that started before school, continued at breaks and lunch time and concluded at home time with a rugby score.

Roy of the Rovers.

My ZX Spectrum.

Getting pissed on the streets on cheap cider.

Edited by Dr Gloom

:huh: we had them with mash in our house.

Feistel Bangers - that was them. Yellow with a solid type fuse. German gear. They had an even dispersal as the wound cardboard skin didn't have designed-in weak spots like the run-of-the-mill Astra or Standard makes of banger.

The newsagent on St Thomas' Street opposite Haymarket Bus Station used to sell us them .

It was also home to the Whistling Moon Traveller Rocket Fish :)

Talc. You to love getting smothered in talc when I was a nipper. (Suppose I could still do that now :lol:

That wasn't necessarily normal even then though....... :unsure:

Talc. You to love getting smothered in talc when I was a nipper. (Suppose I could still do that now :lol:

The only plausible reason for the grammar and punctuation in that post is because you're distracted by OH GOD NO :( :( :(

I think all mothers of a certain age used to smother their kids in it once upon a time. (awaits confirmation :unsure2: )

Aye, until the bairns were about 2, you freak!

CT, talc is for fat people. You owe me a pound.

The best thing about being young was just the amount of time you had on your hands. The next time I'll have as much spare time on my hands as I did as a student, I'll be in my fucking 60s.

having a small child. there just isn't the time to do either anymore, regrettably.

Aye I know that feeling like. Splitting up from the wife was the only answer to that one! Unfortunately it has the negative effect of meaning I don't get to see my bairn every day!

Sleeping well is the thing I miss the most. When I was a bairn the house alarm (which was right outside me bedroom window) could go off and I wouldn't wake up. Ever since the bairn was born I've never slept all night without being mortal and thats not the same thing really.

As a result I feel completely fucked every single morning when I wake up. When I was at school I just sit watching films most nights til about two in the morning and I was fresh as a daisy after a good sleep. Now if I stay up that late I'll be like a zombie in the morning!

Aye I know that feeling like. Splitting up from the wife was the only answer to that one! Unfortunately it has the negative effect of meaning I don't get to see my bairn every day!

You ended your marriage to give yourself more wanking time?