Net Mums Corner

Christmas Tree

CT man, you don't do the cleaning as a hobby!! :lol:

I hate cleaning but totally keep on top of it. Being a single mam and working full time means it's a total pain in the arse, The last thing I want to do when I finish work is start doing chores but no-one else is going to do it and it would take no time at all before the place is manky. Maybe come September when I'm not paying nursery fees any more I might treat myself to a cleaner, although by then the bairn won't be around during the day to "help" (hinder) me so I'll actually have the time and space to do it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our cleaner gets £20 for 2 hours work, every Monday. She only does the kitchen, the bathrooms, the hallways and the lounge/dining room. We provide the equipment, but to be fair she does a cracking job. She'll do washing up and any ironing that you leave out. When we've had big parties she's been happy to come over and do a deeper clean, but that's extra.

(£20 isn't that much considering it's London)

We don't have a cleaner. My girlfriend is a translator and interpreter, working from home and away on a vaguely regular week on/week off pattern. When she's home, great, she cleans whilst I'm at work. When she's away...carnage. It gets particularly bad when this coincides with me being on a run of long days or nights. Her train back always gets in at midnight, so before I pick her up there's usually a mad dash around the flat to make it look acceptable, which sometimes makes me late to the station, particularly if I've been in the pub until half 11 like I was last week.

It makes sense for couples/families who're out all day, but if CT is home a lot of the time, I'm not sure why he doesn't just do it himself?

Says a lad who probably still pays board and has his Jim jams ironed for him :lol:

Working 50 plus hours a week and being a full time parent with a small child is anything but lazy like. :lol:

Aye right you patronising twat. Even funnier as well due to the sheltered life you had lead until discovering the internet. :lol:

I'm considering this idea myself as my Missus has mobility problems that have deteriorated a bit over the last few years, but three things are putting me off:

1. I hate wasting money

2. It smacks of laziness

3. CT and Gemmill have either done it or thought about doing it.

So I guess wor lass will just have to struggle on. :D

(I'll just have to do it when I've time/on a rest days). ;)

It makes sense for couples/families who're out all day, but if CT is home a lot of the time, I'm not sure why he doesn't just do it himself?

That would be the needy two year old :lol:

Genera entertaining and continuing clearing up after them, changing nappies, feeding, taking to park etc leaves very little time to do much else that surface clean.

That said I am putting a "system" in place to try and do it. Much to the amusement of the rest of the family. :)

Aye right you patronising twat. Even funnier as well due to the sheltered life you had lead until discovering the internet. :lol:

Hold on :lol: Im just replying to you're "lazy cunt" comment.

If you can't take it don't give it ;)

Edited by Christmas Tree

I'm considering this idea myself as my Missus has mobility problems that have deteriorated a bit over the last few years, but three things are putting me off:

1. I hate wasting money

2. It smacks of laziness

3. CT and Gemmill have either done it or thought about doing it.

So I guess wor lass will just have to struggle on. :D

(I'll just have to do it when I've time/on a rest days). ;)

As a man who is mortgage free, Im sure you could spare a few bob ;)

I'm sure your Missus would be VERY grateful.

As you break 99% of all nufc and non nufc news in here I can only assume you spend all day glued to your phone. Try turning the Internet off once in a while and you will magically find time to run the Hoover over