The good things about England.

Park Life

McDonald's have brought a shambolic approach to queuing to this country that we should have rejected immediately. Gregg's single file queues snaking out the door should be put on the back of a ten pound note.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McDonald's have brought a shambolic approach to queuing to this country that we should have rejected immediately. Gregg's single file queues snaking out the door should be put on the back of a ten pound note.

:lol:

*looks at the top post* *looks at the bottom comment*

:lol:

thank the kruats for your bicycle btw ;)

Stick a flag on it and claim it regardless, it's the English way.

Aye, I was only in Manchester for uni then moved back home though generally spent the working week in some part of England with work. Fucked that off a couple of years ago now, no way to live at all.

:lol: Too right. The Americans are quite good at queuing, I noticed. At least, they are when you want to get into the Statue of Liberty, ye fucka. That process would test anyone's patience but they stood firm.

You not in practice anymore?

Nah, all the work is England or European based nowadays so it was basically living out of a suitcase. I did the exams but never actually did any proper accountancy work, I wouldn't know where to start when if I had to prepare a set of accounts. I'm running the family business now, certainly duller and less potential for world wide travel but at least I now have a life outside of work.

I've been doing quite a bit of walking in the last few weeks and I absolutely love the meeting and greeting of strangers and passers by. Just a basic smile and 'hello' but it's so wonderfully polite. :thumbup:

Has anyone mentioned the NHS. Just watched a documentary about a guy who had a heart attack in the states. Cost him $60,000 to get the bog standard treatment. He's going to be paying it off until the day he dies

the nhs pales in comparison to the french system

Nah, all the work is England or European based nowadays so it was basically living out of a suitcase. I did the exams but never actually did any proper accountancy work, I wouldn't know where to start when if I had to prepare a set of accounts. I'm running the family business now, certainly duller and less potential for world wide travel but at least I now have a life outside of work.

Sounds canny. Is it a slower pace of life over there? Always seemed it when I visited but I was mostly in country pubs or staring at scenery tbf.

Waiting for the bus in San Francisco and the thing arrived only for a swarm of Chinese people to leg it past you. That was annoying.

being british i don't expect you'd have fought to win back your position at the front of the queue though, right? more likely a tut and a shake of the head.

i'd have done the same. just not cricket is it? it's like these fuckers who push past people getting off the train to ensure they get a seat.

How so?

there's a lot of things, like a better education system, but it ultimately comes down to finance.

nhs is just so underfunded. I felt sorry for the staff trying to make do, and for the people stuck in the system, in my brief experience with it.

on the flip side, french taxes are horrendous. I would never run a company from there.

there's a lot of things, like a better education system, but it ultimately comes down to finance.

nhs is just so underfunded. I felt sorry for the staff trying to make do, and for the people stuck in the system, in my brief experience with it.

on the flip side, french taxes are horrendous. I would never run a company from there.

Took my mate in Nice a year to sack his secretary. The laws are insane.

Waiting for the bus in San Francisco and the thing arrived only for a swarm of Chinese people to leg it past you. That was annoying.

They're only little man!

Dutch are proper cunts for manners, stayed in a hotel that was about 80% Dutch, they were pushing in queues all the time and holding the door open for anyone was completely lost on them. No wonder J69 hates MVB!

They're only little man!

Dutch are proper cunts for manners, stayed in a hotel that was about 80% Dutch, they were pushing in queues all the time and holding the door open for anyone was completely lost on them. No wonder J69 hates MVB!

The Germans have the manners but the Dutch have the sense of humour. Give and take innit....

They're only little man!

This can be said for any of our european neighbours.

They spend all holiday pushing in queues and then when they get to the airport they push in queues to get on the plane first. Dont really see the point as everyone leaves at the same time. It's like they have to get one over on you!

The queuing etiquette goes out of the window on the Metro .

The system is infested with ignorant platform wankers who boul up a minute before the train is due , stand like a dominant A frame in their same door wanker spot at the edge of the platform to claim their right to be the door opening wanker followed by the blind panic of rushing to a seat .

Slaves to routine .

Embarrassing to behold .

File under 'shit things about the English'