• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 9 seasons

3 European Cups

6 League titles

3 League Cups

1 UEFA Cup

No European Cup qualification by finishing 2nd,3rd,4th or 5th in the league in his day

Fergie had 19 attempts and won the Champions League twice.

The best ever manager had 6 attempts to win the European Cup 3 times and had qualified again when he retired at the end of the 82/83 season

Weird to think that Guardiola might equal that this year... Although tbf, I guess both Ancelotti and Mourinho could as well.

Did Paisley build Liverpool from the ground up in the same way that Ferguson did though?

Weird to think that Guardiola might equal that this year... Although tbf, I guess both Ancelotti and Mourinho could as well.

Did Paisley build Liverpool from the ground up in the same way that Ferguson did though?

Shankly had won the title in 72/73 and beaten us in the cup final in 73/74 so it's fair to say he had a canny side....Paisleys side won the title and European cup the season after he retired under Joe Fagan....Dalglish won the double after he took over...they had it fuckin sussed back then, no doubt about it. Hillsborough eventually finished all that though. I think Dalglish had PTSD when he jacked in in 91 and they've never been the same since.

Shankly had won the title in 72/73 and beaten us in the cup final in 73/74 so it's fair to say he had a canny side....Paisleys side won the title and European cup the season after he retired under Joe Fagan....Dalglish won the double after he took over...they had it fuckin sussed back then, no doubt about it. Hillsborough eventually finished all that though. I think Dalglish had PTSD when he jacked in in 91 and they've never been the same since.

Thanks for the insight, it's a bit before my time. Interesting that Hillsborough had such an effect but then I guess Dalglish always did come across as very emotionally invested in the club. To the point of being blind on occasion.

Some legacy bequeathed by "the greatest manager EVER!!!" :lol:

Mind when Sir Matt finished up they were relegated within 3 or 4 seasons.... I wonder....

I think it's testament to the man that he won the league at a canter last season with the same squad. Edited by ewerk

I think it's testament to the man that he won the league at a canter last season with the same squad.

Aye, we'll forget about his F.A. empowered campaign of subtle cheating to gain an advantage for a quarter of a century, that's probably got nowt to do with why they're struggling this season....

Aye, we'll forget about his F.A. empowered campaign of subtle cheating to gain an advantage for a quarter of a century, that's probably got nowt to do with why they're struggling this season....

Let it go, man!

You're turning into emmyoueffseee.