Kitchen Equipment

Christmas Tree

I'd say it's canny important to have some idea about where your food came from tbh. It's a huge factor in whether or not you're gonna be healthy.

It really isn't.

Personally, I like to eat more expensive meat and wouldn't touch the likes of cost co. But then I can afford that luxury. I think it tastes a bit better but am not arsed about the morality arguments. But I'm under no illusion that its more healthy or that it will make me live longer, because I understand biology and in particular how the gastrointestinal system works. If you think differently, then can you provide evidence?

Said it before, but for a footy board this place is embarrassingly middle class.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really isn't.

Personally, I like to eat more expensive meat and wouldn't touch the likes of cost co. But then I can afford that luxury. I think it tastes a bit better but am not arsed about the morality arguments. But I'm under no illusion that its more healthy or that it will make me live longer, because I understand biology and in particular how the gastrointestinal system works. If you think differently, then can you provide evidence?

Said it before, but for a footy board this place is embarrassingly middle class.

Football is far more middle class than it was so it's no surprise this board reflects that.

Football is far more middle class than it was so it's no surprise this board reflects that.

Maybe, but most the posters here don't even go to the football any more. I'm not after this season mind. Still, I increasingly think the content on GC is odd.

It really isn't.

:lol: There's no one more middle class on here than you, Mr Tynemouth Stained Glass Window.

And no, I don't have evidence and I'm not interested in looking for it. Stands to reason though (in my mind at least) that eating an animal that isn't diseased looking and has been fed a better diet is going to be better for you than one that has.

Maybe, but most the posters here don't even go to the football any more. I'm not after this season mind. Still, I increasingly think the content on GC is odd.

I don't go anymore apart from the odd cup game or away game when my pal can blag a ticket from a ST holder. I agree some of the GC content has me wondering if it's me who's the odd one out? :lol:

Caring about food isn't strictly a middle class trait these days though is it? Just look at all the food shows on telly these days.

Industrial scale factory farming is humanity at its worst. Anyone that doubts it should watch the documentary Food Inc.

often the farmers don't want to rear the animals in such appalling conditions but they're forced in to it through contractual arrangements with the big food companies. Company profit margins determine how poor the quality of the meat that the majority of people eat these days is.

Here's one I prepared earlier.......

woody.jpg

:lol: There's no one more middle class on here than you, Mr Tynemouth Stained Glass Window.

And no, I don't have evidence and I'm not interested in looking for it. Stands to reason though (in my mind at least) that eating an animal that isn't diseased looking and has been fed a better diet is going to be better for you than one that has.

I used to have a monopoly on the middle class shit, now I've been overtaken by the plebs. ;)

Anyway, point was its ok for you to eat organic food but the reality is most people can't afford it and there is no evidence or plausible reason for health benefit afaik. Also, organic food isn't globally sustainable, so IMO could actually be considered immoral.

It really isn't.

Said it before, but for a footy board this place is embarrassingly middle income

:)

I'm still a pykey/chav/prole at heart, thankyouverymuch

Edited by PaddockLad

On the other hand, we've recently read about one of our posters being tied up on a cart and being pelted with rotten vegetables on General Chat so perhaps the middle class haven't completely taken over yet? ;)

On the other hand, we've recently read about one of our posters being tied up on a cart and being pelted with rotten vegetables on General Chat so perhaps the middle class haven't completely taken over yet? ;)

Much to the amazement and disgust of the board..... :D

that just proves my point....nowt to do with "class", which is a pretty outdated concept anyway, its do do with how much money you have to waste on griddle pans, stained glass windows, bread makers, huge buggy style prams with three wheels etc etc...if your mum was a cleaner and your dad a dustman all the nick nacs in the world are irrelevent.

Personally, I like to eat more expensive meat and wouldn't touch the likes of cost co. But then I can afford that luxury. I think it tastes a bit better but am not arsed about the morality arguments.

:lol:

ark at him.

Costco meat is lush. Do a Google of it. Gets raves wherever you look. It's cheap only because it's bought in bulk.

To be honest it depends what I'm making; if I'm slopping out a ton-load of Chilli, then the Lean Beef mince from Sainsbury's will do, if I'm doing steak then it's the local butchers for me.