Season Ticket Renewal/Apathy - £25 Half Season tickets

Tooj

For the first time since I've held a season ticket I'm actually seriously considering cancelling my direct debit and chucking it. The whole health issues that I've been going through has made me realise there's more important things in life and if I'm no longer enjoying it then what's the point?

This is actually the closest I've come to chucking it, as in it's on my mind every day as to whether I should do it or not. Fuck I even kept it when we went down and after Keegan but what's the point when the owner has sucked the joy out of supporting your own club?
As a matter of fact it no longer feels like my club and it hasn't for some time. Keegan was right when he said he's just a custodian of it but I feel like I can't get behind Mike Ashley's version of Newcastle United like I should. That's all because of him and it's not as if you look forward to what's going on during the 90 minutes as Pardew has sucked away any fun from that too. The only thing I've ever expected from my team is that when they take the pitch they give it their best shot and make going to matches fun to watch, Pardew can't deliver that and the alternative doesn't even bare thinking about.
All hope we ever had died a long time ago.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? I'm not giving them my money this season. I'll take the odd free ticket & go to the odd away match but they are really taking the piss, either by sheer incompetence or contempt for the fans.

I'm no superfan but I went to 17 games last year & my outgoings have increased considerably since then so they can get fucked. As I've said I can take being a shite football team - but so long as there is will to get better and compete, to try & succeed but there's not. It's extreme penny pinching and disinterest. So long as the till is ringing he doesn't care.

My attitude is subject to change but I really don't see the point - especially when the matches are so accessable otherwise. <_<

This is from earlier this morning.

The day this man who owns us and was hoodwinked by that Tory shithouse to buy his shares goes and takes his sportsdirect, wonga, his mealey mouthed-desperate-for-a-job-put-up-with-anything-lackeys and his own portly self out of Newcastle United Football Club......then I'll return. Until then he can fucking whistle if he wants my money.

I'm locked up in a direct debit fortress. I would have packed in for this season but got caught out by the notification deadline.

Quite simply, there is no point in going for sake of going. It's becoming an inconvenience rather than a activity that one looks forward to for the reasons you mention above.....

It's dreadful to see this happen to our club but everyone who feels like this should walk away without guilt.

It's seems that Fat Mike is just taking the debt owed to him by the club out then will sell. Forget signing new players and any kind of ambition. We may go down with this risky approach (almost did last season) but that's the gambling nature of the guy.

Next season, I'm out. Cancellation date is in my phone calendar now.

In summary fuck this shit.

There are much better things to do with your weekend than taking an expensive kick in the balls off Mike Ashley. It's as simple as that.

Aye & with the way things have gone recently - I mean they've reached new heights of piss taking and hopelessness - I can't hold it against anyone who wants to pack in.

''I'll go no matter what'' is pretty retarded. I think for the benefit of the club it's best people stop giving them money. At the end of the day he's started taking money out so it's not going into the coffers a good chunk is going into Mike's wallet.

Again though - if they decide they can keep up with the Swansea's, Southampton's & Cardiff's of the league and try to compete i might have a change of heart...

I tell you what though, I know loads of people who have stopped going because of him, yet we still had 300 less than 50,000 there on Saturday. Just how big is our fanbase like?!

I love the culture and I love going - like most it's been part of my life since I was a child but you've got to realise at somepoint that as well as getting nothing out of it you're actually part of the problem.

There's bugger all fun associated with following the club these days imo. If there's no craic at the ground it's unsurprising people want to jack it in and spend their hard earned on something else. Ashley has a lot to answer for.

Watching us on the tele over the last few months has more often than not ruined my weekend. Can definitely understand the feelings of those chucking out hard earned cash for this shite.

Just completely mind boggling and inexcusable that those in charge of the club cant even bother enough to keep the fans interested.

Really thought things may change for the better a couple of seasons ago. Only hope I have now is someone takes us over from out of nowhere. Wouldnt even mind anymore if it was a rich foreign investor who bought us as a time pass, anything would be better than this.

I tell you what though, I know loads of people who have stopped going because of him, yet we still had 300 less than 50,000 there on Saturday. Just how big is our fanbase like?!

People were a lot keener on staying away 20/30 years ago. Possibly a stronger sense and tradition of dissent in society in general caused that. Now we just let ourselves be sedueced by comparitively cheap tickets and turn up every other week to be fucked over yet again.

Watching us on the tele over the last few months has more often than not ruined my weekend. Can definitely understand the feelings of those chucking out hard earned cash for this shite.

Just completely mind boggling and inexcusable that those in charge of the club cant even bother enough to keep the fans interested.

Really thought things may change for the better a couple of seasons ago. Only hope I have now is someone takes us over from out of nowhere. Wouldnt even mind anymore if it was a rich foreign investor who bought us as a time pass, anything would be better than this.

I get the matches on demand all season. I wouldn't dream of watching us now until I've seen the result and read the match report. I've seen too many shit matches under Pardew for that.

I get the matches on demand all season. I wouldn't dream of watching us now until I've seen the result and read the match report. I've seen too many shit matches under Pardew for that.

Haven't gotten to that stage yet, still find myself excited on match days and desperately looking for a channel (or ahem river) showing the game. Despite telling myself every time I am going to be an adult in control of myself the next time and do something useful instead.

Haven't gotten to that stage yet, still find myself excited on match days and desperately looking for a channel (or ahem river) showing the game. Despite telling myself every time I am going to be an adult in control of myself the next time and do something useful instead.

It's a bit different for me, since the matches are on at 3 am in the morning if there's a normal kick off time. I used to record the matches off Sky and then watch them as if they were live....not anymore

It's sad but it's a whole lot better for your mental health and general happiness if you can ignore what's going on at the club at the moment. When people talk to me about Newcastle Utd now I just laugh them off or show complete disinterest - you know it's the right thing when all you get back from other fans is sympathy. The one thing to look forward to is the day when Mike Ashley's regime comes to an end, anything else between now and then is just filling time. Don't get angry that someone's taken a loved hobby away from you or even a way of life, it'll eat you up when you could be doing something less painful. Just convince yourself you're taking a hiatus as a neutral for all other football, appreciating the overall game while ignoring what goes on at NUFC.

It's sad but it's a whole lot better for your mental health and general happiness if you can ignore what's going on at the club at the moment. When people talk to me about Newcastle Utd now I just laugh them off or show complete disinterest - you know it's the right thing when all you get back from other fans is sympathy. The one thing to look forward to is the day when Mike Ashley's regime comes to an end, anything else between now and then is just filling time. Don't get angry that someone's taken a loved hobby away from you or even a way of life, it'll eat you up when you could be doing something less painful. Just convince yourself you're taking a hiatus as a neutral for all other football, appreciating the overall game while ignoring what goes on at NUFC.

This is basically where I am at the minute. Twitter has become unreadable because people can't stop obsessing over the smallest news stories.

I'm not going to any matches this season, only went to the European games last year and I'd love to say it's because I work at weekends but there was plenty of times that I was free and didn't bother myself. There's no joy in it anymore; the football we play is plodding and hopeless, there's no new players with a bit of intrigue about them and most importantly, we're run, top to bottom, like a stall selling cheap After Dark tapes on the Quayside. This is where Mike Ashley's Newcastle United has been leading to and we're getting smaller by the day, we're getting overtaken by the teams around us and once the Mackems beat us again in October, you'll see some proper shit hit the fan.

I'm locked up in a direct debit fortress. I would have packed in for this season but got caught out by the notification deadline.

Quite simply, there is no point in going for sake of going. It's becoming an inconvenience rather than a activity that one looks forward to for the reasons you mention above.....

It's dreadful to see this happen to our club but everyone who feels like this should walk away without guilt.

It's seems that Fat Mike is just taking the debt owed to him by the club out then will sell. Forget signing new players and any kind of ambition. We may go down with this risky approach (almost did last season) but that's the gambling nature of the guy.

Next season, I'm out. Cancellation date is in my phone calendar now.

In summary fuck this shit.

This is me. I reckon I spend close to 2 grand a year on NUFC related stuff (season ticket x 2, drinks, odd away games). No more, that money is being ring fenced for my other love, walking in the lakes and Scotland.

This is me. I reckon I spend close to 2 grand a year on NUFC related stuff (season ticket x 2, drinks, odd away games). No more, that money is being ring fenced for my other love, walking in the lakes and Scotland.

No wife or child? :lol: