Season Ticket Renewal/Apathy - £25 Half Season tickets

Tooj

Or a 22 year old sofa salesman at the metro centre with a 100% morgage, in a recession and two daughters.

I think the first time I took our lass to a match was under Ossie. She thought the full team were all mascots (given their youth / size).

I wasn't working and unable to claim even dole money being under eighteen for a lot of Ossie's reign.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go so far as to call it good mind.

We pass it around canny enough now, but only until we hit the opposition box. Our ability to break down the opposition in the last third is still poor against all but the worst teams in the league. We're still by and large restricted to long range efforts, lofted balls into the box and POMO chasing.

Stats or stfu.

;)

Has their even been a chairman / owner that was liked?

Tbh in the beginning Ashley seemed as if he wanted to be one of the lads standing on the terrace in his toon top knocking back the beer seems like it was a ploy to get everyone onside.

I've got an Ashley anecdote, bit of a shit one though. I think i've mentioned on here my mate who plays sax (Bassment Jaxx, Robbie Williams, Girls Aloud). He hangs out at some posh places anyway. I saw him in London before christmas and we were talking about the club and he goes 'oh aye i bumped into Ashley in the bogs of some bar about a year ago'. Not seen him in a while...

He said they were both swaying merrily away at the urinals and my mates goes 'you're Mikey Ashley' to which he grunts 'yeah', my mate goes 'i'm a Newcastle fan' to which he expected Ashley to roll his eyes or become uncomfortable. Instead, he just replied 'you reckon i should sack Pardew then?'. Apparently the impression he gave my mate was that he was just a normal bloke who didnt have a clue about football.

My mate has no reason to make up shit stories like that as he has millions of better ones. There you go though, thats why he didnt sack Pardew last year, some bloke told him not to whilst holding his dick.

Just remembering back I cant find anything on the internet I think it was about 1975/76 we played Ipswich I think (not sure) & I think it may have been a cup game sorry for being so vague anyway me and my mate got to the ground late. The craic was the game was cancelled but then at the last minute it was back on. It was freezing fog the pitch was covered in frost but anyways they started the game we were winning at halftime when the announcement came on the tannoy the ref had abandoned the game. There was hell on as you'd imagine I remember walking down Westgate rd by the ABC cinema seeing car windows getting smashed. I lived in Felling at the time and went to Central station to get the train home but the police wouldnt let us in so we went the bus station at the bottom of Northumberland Street only to find they'd stopped.Ended up walking home getting a bollocking off me dad for getting in late. Was anyone else there or can you remember it I remember they had to lock shoppers in Eldon square for their own safety.

I've got an Ashley anecdote, bit of a shit one though. I think i've mentioned on here my mate who plays sax (Bassment Jaxx, Robbie Williams, Girls Aloud). He hangs out at some posh places anyway. I saw him in London before christmas and we were talking about the club and he goes 'oh aye i bumped into Ashley in the bogs of some bar about a year ago'. Not seen him in a while...

He said they were both swaying merrily away at the urinals and my mates goes 'you're Mikey Ashley' to which he grunts 'yeah', my mate goes 'i'm a Newcastle fan' to which he expected Ashley to roll his eyes or become uncomfortable. Instead, he just replied 'you reckon i should sack Pardew then?'. Apparently the impression he gave my mate was that he was just a normal bloke who didnt have a clue about football.

My mate has no reason to make up shit stories like that as he has millions of better ones. There you go though, thats why he didnt sack Pardew last year, some bloke told him not to whilst holding his dick.

I've got another, from someone who works in the finance department at NUFC. It was the first Christmas party since Ashley took over, and he was making his way into one of the SJP suites with the other staff to get in to one of the SJP suites. After a bit of chat, it became apparent that the staff were expected to pay for their drinks (as they had done for every previous NUFC Christmas party). Ashley immediately knocked this on the head and announced that it would be a free bar for the whole night.

This was in stark contrast to the S&H regime, where Douglas Hall never showed his face and Freddy Shepherd sat silenty at a table at one end, flanked by a couple of security staff. Ashley on the other hand mixed in with his staff and engaged with them. He's a bit of a recluse when it comes to public relations, but behind the scenes the staff seem to love him.

None of this makes any difference as to whether you buy a season ticket or not, mind.

Your mate should have told him to sign some players. Sounds like Ashley's quite receptive when someones got a hold of his dick!

Just remembering back I cant find anything on the internet I think it was about 1975/76 we played Ipswich I think (not sure) & I think it may have been a cup game sorry for being so vague anyway me and my mate got to the ground late. The craic was the game was cancelled but then at the last minute it was back on. It was freezing fog the pitch was covered in frost but anyways they started the game we were winning at halftime when the announcement came on the tannoy the ref had abandoned the game. There was hell on as you'd imagine I remember walking down Westgate rd by the ABC cinema seeing car windows getting smashed. I lived in Felling at the time and went to Central station to get the train home but the police wouldnt let us in so we went the bus station at the bottom of Northumberland Street only to find they'd stopped.Ended up walking home getting a bollocking off me dad for getting in late. Was anyone else there or can you remember it I remember they had to lock shoppers in Eldon square for their own safety.

It must've been 1977, latter half, if they were locked into Eldon Square. Queen opened it in 1977

It must've been 1977, latter half, if they were locked into Eldon Square. Queen opened it in 1977

Cheers MF that would work out about right as I moved to Cramlington in 77.

Edited by trooper

This is how Pardew survives. Luck of the devil.