Which of the "other 14" would you take the front line of?

Happy Face

2cx6jd4.jpg

You have to be careful there though.

1. Don't we play Gouffran wide more often than not?

2. Teams that play with 1 up front won't need the depth.

3. You'd have to take into account; the style we play, the style one wants us to play and the style that the strikers play for their original team

4. Some team's goal threats don't come from up front (Swansea, Stoke)

those aside Villa & Southampton's forward lines are decent

Edited by The Fish

I'd take Villa's easily, would just about kill to have it at Newcastle! Some really exciting young strikers in there.

Benteke, Agbonlahor as the main strikers, Weimann and Helenius off the bench, could even use Weimann and his pace on the wing if needed (Think Villa do that sometimes as well). Not really sure on the other 3 though.

It's a solid combination of pace, strength and skill.

Something we could really do with, and I only say this as we are a little bit over eager to hoof, is a big bastard who is strong in the air and on the deck. We really lack a forward who can do this.

Have you watched us this season yet?

You've not included Michu for Swansea? Uless that's who Alvaro is?

Villa while probably not having two players who are better than Cisse and Remy have the best striker of all those clubs at the moment and other good players around him so they would be the ones. Everton possibly (don't think Naismith plays as a striker for them does he?), Swansea possibly if we're including Michu.

Didn't Stoke sign someone else for up front?

The sentiment is right though. You take the one or two top players out of any of those teams and they're all in the same boat. And I bet if you did the same comparrison with midfield and defence of those teams then we would come out very favourably.

Lukaku and Jelavic at Everton

Bony and Michu at Swansea

Altidore, Borini and Fletcher at Sunderland

Bent and Berbatov at Fulham

Benteke and Agbonlahor at Villa

Carroll and Maiga at West Ham

Anelka and Anichebe at West Brom

Van Wolswinkel and Hooper at Norwich

Lambert and Osvaldo at Southampton

If probably have at least one from each of those clubs tbf

Edited by TheRollingStones

I'd rather Remy than most of them. Lukaku, Benteke are obvious exceptions. Remy could be in jail in a couple of months anyway. Fulham, Mackems, Norwich and West Ham have good options too.

a few slight amendments, Mayuka(Southampton has gone out on loan), Shane Long, WBA -> Hull. Carlton Cole -> West Ham

Lukaku and Jelavic at Everton

Bony and Michu at Swansea

Altidore, Borini and Fletcher at Sunderland

Bent and Berbatov at Fulham

Benteke and Agbonlahor at Villa

Carroll and Maiga at West Ham

Anelka and Anichebe at West Brom

Van Wolswinkel and Hooper at Norwich

Lambert and Osvaldo at Southampton

If probably have at least one from each of those clubs tbf

Osvaldo is meant to be some player....

You've not included Michu for Swansea? Uless that's who Alvaro is?

Villa while probably not having two players who are better than Cisse and Remy have the best striker of all those clubs at the moment and other good players around him so they would be the ones. Everton possibly (don't think Naismith plays as a striker for them does he?), Swansea possibly if we're including Michu.

Didn't Stoke sign someone else for up front?

The sentiment is right though. You take the one or two top players out of any of those teams and they're all in the same boat. And I bet if you did the same comparrison with midfield and defence of those teams then we would come out very favourably.

Isn't he technically a goal scoring midfielder?

Mind, the BBC doesn't get a lot of players positions right.

Well I can't think of anyone who played up front for Swansea ahead of him last season other than maybe Luke Moore on the odd occasion.

I think most people seem to be missing the point HF was trying to make here which was that you wouldn't swap our whole strike force for the whole strike force of many of the other teams around us. Obviously you could improve us by adding Benteke or Lukaku but you be happier with the options that Norwich have than you are with our own.

And Shane Long didn't end up at Hull did he?

Well I can't think of anyone who played up front for Swansea ahead of him last season other than maybe Luke Moore on the odd occasion.

I think most people seem to be missing the point HF was trying to make here which was that you wouldn't swap our whole strike force for the whole strike force of many of the other teams around us. Obviously you could improve us by adding Benteke or Lukaku but you be happier with the options that Norwich have than you are with our own.

And Shane Long didn't end up at Hull did he?

seems it fell through.

Angry Bruce left with £10,000 bill in the Long run after deal for striker Shane collapses

fact is you'd swap our strike force for a load of other teams but the thing that holds me back i find is i'm thinking "but if cisse just finds his form again he's brilliant..."

I really don't think he's ever massively lost his form. He's just been starved of serice and played out of position at times. Even then he scored 13 goals last season and about another 5 incorrectly ruled out for offside (and many more correctly ruled out).

Personally I wouldn't swap our strike force for a load of other teams. I'd swap our manager for quite a few from those other teams and I think that would serve us better!

Stoke have Walters and that Austrian bloke thy bought for the record. If the list was accurate there's surprisingly not many that have a balance of quality and depth. If the list was accurate...

2cx6jd4.jpg

everton, villa, fulham, even swansea if you add michu to the mix look better than us. i'd say we're on par with west ham and norwich. GREAT

could be worse, look at the state of stoke :lol:

Edited by Dr Gloom

2cx6jd4.jpg

Excellent post.

It highlight we're all f**ked if we take two injuries.

Fulham, Swansea, Villa and Southampton are on a similar level - none are better.

Remy Cisse HBA (as i think we'll line up) is very good, and Gouffran is a decent backfill.

I just skimmed through trying to work out if anyone had much a better 3rd and 4th to Shola and Gouffran. As most people would agree the issue is Shola being a regular.

Edited by Phil

• 11 months later...

I'd rather Remy than most of them. Lukaku, Benteke are obvious exceptions. Remy could be in jail in a couple of months anyway. Fulham, Mackems, Norwich and West Ham have good options too.

a few slight amendments, Mayuka(Southampton has gone out on loan), Shane Long, WBA -> Hull. Carlton Cole -> West Ham

Shane Long has now moved onto to Southampton. Seems a tidy player but unsure of how he will fit in the new squad. Probably can pencil him for at least double figures this season.

@HappyFace Can you please knock up a new graph for us to see the squad depth of the teams like you did in post number one.

@HappyFace Can you please knock up a new graph for us to see the squad depth of the teams like you did in post number one.

Paypal me £30 to make it worth my while and I'll get right onto it. ;)

Simple enough to DIY. 14 Wikipedia page visits.