Has the Internet turned the average football supporter into a moaning girls blouse?

Christmas Tree

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you assume it's only the non-match going kids that do this?

I don't assume it's just them, but I know from a lot of the tweets I do see from people I have a knowledge of that a hell of a lot of it goes on.

And even those who go to the match and tweet, wouldn't probably have felt strongly enough to write to the chronny in the 80's.

Hence the original question!!!!!

Edited by Christmas Tree

What's the difference between LM and CT?

A. One harbours a grudge against 14 year old kids from Singapore who support Newcastle Utd and DO stick up for the regime, the other harbours a grudge against 14 year old kids from Tyneside who support Newcastle Utd and DO NOT stick up for the regime.

:lol:

One spent a lot of time in pubs, then came on here afterwards to rant , the oth......

...... Oh.

One made a lovely curry, the other asked how to make a lovely curry then took a photo of his botch job.

In the 80's let's say 30,000 go the match. A certain amount are pissed off, carry banners and demonstrate. Maybe even smash a few windows.

Fair enough, it's news and gets covered in the press.

Now, 50,000 can go to the match, a few have a boo at Cabaye and then they go home. (Granted still pissed off with Ashley etc)

Not big news.

However, non match going kids 13 - 18 (just for example) can sit in their bedrooms bombarding the fuck out of local journalists on twitter, retweeting all sorts of crap (cos its cool) and bemoaning Newcastle.

This gives those journalists a false "reading" of popular opinion leading to defences like Caulkins last week and the chronicles (very late to the party) attack on the regime.

Guaranteed this will lead to Talksport having a phone in and probably a five live special with Victoria Derbyshire next week.

It's like comparing a song genuinely getting to No1 in the 80's compared to twitter suddenly making a song number 1.

None of that's nice and crystal clear do I'll shut up now :lol:

What false reading of popular opinion? The popular opinion is Mike Ashley is a cunt who hasn't got a clue what he is doing who has made this club look a fucking circus from day one. What's false about that?

What false reading of popular opinion? The popular opinion is Mike Ashley is a cunt who hasn't got a clue what he is doing who has made this club look a fucking circus from day one. What's false about that?

You're obviously a 13-16 year old non match going twitter nerd. Leave our journalists alone!