Has the Internet turned the average football supporter into a moaning girls blouse?

Christmas Tree

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were so poor we couldn't afford language , and had to beg by mime.

You were lucky.

My arms were chopped off by an evil landlord. I had to use sign language to beg by bending my cock into different shapes.

I think what we've established is the difference between local lads who went to the match in the 70s/80s and know what kind of fans we have in a football city & a bloke who lives in Boldon.

Nothings changed drastically & people who spend their money have a right to moan at a club who finished 16th not making a single change to the permanent staff or spending a single penny after employing an arsehole Director of Football & creating fake bids.

People wanted Freddy Shepherd out, there was banners the lot. People wanted McKeag out there was banners the lot - this goes back quite far.

It's pretty much the same as any manager we've had in the last 30 years bar one or two (two) is quite at home with the term OUT! on the end of their surname.

In addition to this I think CT is intimidated by youth - as Meenzer pointed out.

You are trying to clever and over simplifying matters.

1. The type of football fan who attended in those days was a lot different to today's as was society in general.

2. There was a lot more to be sick about in those days. We constantly sold star players and lost a very popular manager in Arthur.

1. Aye, anyone from Boldon at a game back then would've either joined in with the anti-board shouts or kept his fat mouth shut unless he fancied a moothful of Geordie knuckle, (that's if anyone from, say, Boldon was there in the first place or was instead just working his way up to his £100,000 a year job so he could semi-retire twenty years later in his mid forties, sit around and take photographs of his bait to show people on some as yet un-invented social network communication).

2. I can't remember shit as constant as we've been forced to take from this bastard, nowhere near.

1. Aye, anyone from Boldon at a game back then would've either joined in with the anti-board shouts or kept his fat mouth shut unless he fancied a moothful of Geordie knuckle, (that's if anyone from, say, Boldon was there in the first place or was instead just working his way up to his £100,000 a year job so he could semi-retire twenty years later in his mid forties, sit around and take photographs of his bait to show people on some as yet un-invented social network communication).

2. I can't remember shit as constant as we've been forced to take from this bastard, nowhere near.

Getting rid of Cox, selling Beardsley, Waddle and Gascoigne?

Aye I loved all of that, but seriously, as much as we hated the play off defeat, did we not as a support acknowledge that had we not got beat by Sunderland we might not have got rid of McKeag and co and get a much needed injection of ambition into our club? The club still felt like it was Newcastle United FC and not some Southern Twat's plaything, we always played at St. James' Park. The point remains though, that the support was pissed off and motivated back then just as much, if not more than today, contrary to what CT thinks.

Aye I loved all of that, but seriously, as much as we hated the play off defeat, did we not as a support acknowledge that had we not got beat by Sunderland we might not have got rid of McKeag and co and get a much needed injection of ambition into our club? The club still felt like it was Newcastle United FC and not some Southern Twat's plaything, we always played at St. James' Park. The point remains though, that the support was pissed off and motivated back then just as much, if not more than today, contrary to what CT thinks.

Your missing the point.

The news agenda is potentially being driven by pubescent teenagers sitting at home on twitter rather than what the match going "support" is doing.

Pubescent teenagers in the 70's 80's wernt writing letters to the chronny.

You and Tom can turn this into as much OOT crap as you like if that floats your boat, but that has nothing to do with point I tried to make.

Your missing the point.

The news agenda is potentially being driven by pubescent teenagers sitting at home on twitter rather than what the match going "support" is doing.

Pubescent teenagers in the 70's 80's wernt writing letters to the chronny.

You and Tom can turn this into as much OOT crap as you like if that floats your boat, but that has nothing to do with point I tried to make.

Not OOT at all, just a in-joke about you/Boldon.

Would you rather disgruntled supporters rioted, smashed windows or tried to organise something through the internet? Also, where the fuck do you get the idea that the supporters who aren't happy at present are all teenagers and are obsessed with twitter? :lol: Seriously, man. I'm already boycotting, have been to the odd meeting of supporters and have long passed my GCSE stage and know as much if not less about twitter as you do. :D

Not OOT at all, just a in-joke about you/Boldon.

Would you rather disgruntled supporters rioted, smashed windows or tried to organise something through the internet? Also, where the fuck do you get the idea that the supporters who aren't happy at present are all teenagers and are obsessed with twitter? :lol: Seriously, man. I'm already boycotting, have been to the odd meeting of supporters and have long passed my GCSE stage and know as much if not less about twitter as you do. :D

Your still missing the point man.

I give up. :lol:

Lay your point on me then, nice and crystal clear.

:lol:

In the 80's let's say 30,000 go the match. A certain amount are pissed off, carry banners and demonstrate. Maybe even smash a few windows.

Fair enough, it's news and gets covered in the press.

Now, 50,000 can go to the match, a few have a boo at Cabaye and then they go home. (Granted still pissed off with Ashley etc)

Not big news.

However, non match going kids 13 - 18 (just for example) can sit in their bedrooms bombarding the fuck out of local journalists on twitter, retweeting all sorts of crap (cos its cool) and bemoaning Newcastle.

This gives those journalists a false "reading" of popular opinion leading to defences like Caulkins last week and the chronicles (very late to the party) attack on the regime.

Guaranteed this will lead to Talksport having a phone in and probably a five live special with Victoria Derbyshire next week.

It's like comparing a song genuinely getting to No1 in the 80's compared to twitter suddenly making a song number 1.

None of that's nice and crystal clear do I'll shut up now :lol:

:lol:

In the 80's let's say 30,000 go the match. A certain amount are pissed off, carry banners and demonstrate. Maybe even smash a few windows.

Fair enough, it's news and gets covered in the press.

Now, 50,000 can go to the match, a few have a boo at Cabaye and then they go home. (Granted still pissed off with Ashley etc)

Not big news.

However, non match going kids 13 - 18 (just for example) can sit in their bedrooms bombarding the fuck out of local journalists on twitter, retweeting all sorts of crap (cos its cool) and bemoaning Newcastle.

This gives those journalists a false "reading" of popular opinion leading to defences like Caulkins last week and the chronicles (very late to the party) attack on the regime.

Guaranteed this will lead to Talksport having a phone in and probably a five live special with Victoria Derbyshire next week.

It's like comparing a song genuinely getting to No1 in the 80's compared to twitter suddenly making a song number 1.

None of that's nice and crystal clear do I'll shut up now :lol:

why do you assume it's only the non-match going kids that do this?