Aston Villa vs Newcastle United

Aeris

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was only able to watch the final 30 minutes of this game, and I\m probably stating what's been said many times already but I don't care. The team played well as a unit - didn't care much for Krul's fluff on that corner kick...and, Hatem Ben Arfa was Gold!!! GOLD! And Aushton Powvers, I lovsh Gooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllddddddddd. :jonas:

Edited by LooneyToony

Was only able to watch the final 30 minutes of this game, and I\m probably stating what's been said many times already but I don't care. The team played well as a unit - didn't care much for Krul's fluff on that corner kick...and, Hatem Ben Arfa was Gold!!! GOLD! And Aushton Powvers, I lovsh Gooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllddddddddd. :jonas:

Pimms o'clock ?

Pardew was good tactically today.Credit where its due

Hmm, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. If he can maintain a consistent run of 'getting it right' then I'll consider it may not be a fluke. As far as I'm concerned all a win does these days is paper over the cracks for another week, I'll not be happy until Mike Ashley fucks off, no matter the occasional result - anything that goes right currently is an aside and tainted with the fat cunt being associated with the club.

As for Pardew, IMO the team and formation picked itself today.

Pardews input was being brave enough not to bottle it and for once not letting returning players walk straight in. He can have the credit for that.

The Gouffran change was due to Remys fitness levels, however I thought he did well to bring Tiote on when he did.

As for Pardew, IMO the team and formation picked itself today.

Pardews input was being brave enough not to bottle it and for once not letting returning players walk straight in. He can have the credit for that.

The Gouffran change was due to Remys fitness levels, however I thought he did well to bring Tiote on when he did.

He's set us up to play attacking football. In his interview he espoused his attacking vision and his frustration at not previously having the talent available to implement it.

If anything, today is when you can best judge the bloke, when he has had all the tools at his disposal.

Credit where it's due

Hmm, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. If he can maintain a consistent run of 'getting it right' then I'll consider it may not be a fluke. As far as I'm concerned all a win does these days is paper over the cracks for another week, I'll not be happy until Mike Ashley fucks off, no matter the occasional result - anything that goes right currently is an aside and tainted with the fat cunt being associated with the club.

4-0 win to us at the Stadium of Light...

"Don't care, Ashley hasn't fucked off yet, the fat cunt".

Pimms o'clock ?

Yes, don't mind if I do. Thank You. :unsure2::dunno:

4-0 win to us at the Stadium of Light...

"Don't care, Ashley hasn't fucked off yet, the fat cunt".

Incredible how quickly some fans can be placated after having the piss ripped out of them for extended periods, no a 4-0 win at Sunderland wouldn't make up for the long term shit continuously hurled at the fans by Fat Mike's reign. To be honest I get the feeling that there's quite a few Toon fans out there that are like battered wives that refuse to leave the bloke that's knocking them about - in that respect they deserve no sympathy when they get treated like shit. It's beyond being fickle as well, Ashley has repeatedly shown his long term lack of respect for the fans, history or soul of the club. The next time it all turns to crap (and there will always a next time while Ashley's at the helm) those fans who are distracted by the brief smoke screens a win provides can keep their gobs shut and take Mike Ashley's un-lubed dickings like the cowed idiots they are.

Of course I'd like to think we could turn a corner, Ashley might turn over a new leaf but I'm past that stage now. It's happened so many times since Ashley took over that any good result feels like a fluke or just tainted and there's always that overbearing shadow of not being able to relax and accept that maybe we've been wrong, maybe things are actually going to be okay because as soon as we've let our guard down in the past Mike Ashley has been waiting there to kick us in the bollocks with yes another piss take, un-fathomable decision or lack of funding/pocketing fees received from transfers and tv monies.

Dont think anyone suddenly happy with the club management. I fully expect another major screw up in the coming months.

But its hard not a enjoy a performance like yesterday's. And also unfair on the players who seem to trying to go about their jobs despite the fact their bosses are clowns.

Good result and good performances from both the key players and the squad. Only watched highlights so far (currently downloading the match) but even in those Cabaye, Anit and Sissoko looked good centrally, Mbiwa has received lots of praise and then of course there is Ben Arfa. What a player this lad is! The defenders know what he's going to do, but they cannot stop him doing it. The balance, the change of pace, the terror in the fullback's eyes... Lovely stuff.

Also, he genuinely seems to be loving his football at the minute, when we were watching MOTD last night one of the girls I live with said she wanted to adopt him and I couldn't agree more.