Politics

Christmas Tree

12 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I agree and so I’m sure do the 3,000,000 people now in employment.

Aye but you're a self-serving cunt who is only interested in his own happiness i.e. a Tory.

Aye this is it. One of the good things about the Labour grassroots hijacking is that we can say it really isn't the same party as it was. So all this stuff about "Well the last time Labour was in power" rings hollow to me.

And even then, Blair would never have let the shitshow unfold that Cameron did.

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Really? Longing for the good old days of illegal wars, Middle East destruction and financial Armageddon.

I can sit here and say with a clear concience that i never voted for Tony Blair. Can you? For the record I think you're just the sort of empty vessel that was initially taken in by him. 

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I can sit here and say with a clear concience that i never voted for Tony Blair. Can you? For the record I think you're just the sort of empty vessel that was initially taken in by him. 

you didn't vote even labour in 97? 

i was taken in, though I was only 18 at the time, and voted Labour out of family duty, as much as anything, without really understanding everything Blair stood for back then. 

Ahh yes, the bad old days of New Labour. How terrible that decade was.

Honestly, things are so dysfunctional now that, if Brexit pans out as bad as some fear, Thatcher's PMship will seem like halcyon days. 

On a related note, has anyone noticed how many homeless people there are now? There's whole communities on the coast in Whitley Bay and Tynemouth, not just newcastle. It was never that bad even in the 80s. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Honestly, things are so dysfunctional now that, if Brexit pans out as bad as some fear, Thatcher's PMship will seem like halcyon days. 

On a related note, has anyone noticed how many homeless people there are now? There's whole communities on the coast in Whitley Bay and Tynemouth, not just newcastle. It was never that bad even in the 80s. 

I counted 4 on Chilli road last night... was actually quite taken aback.

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i was taken in, though I was only 18 at the time, and voted Labour out of family duty, as much as anything, without really understanding everything Blair stood for back then. 

In a lot of ways am a natural labour voter but as ive got older Ive realised some things about myself; one, Ive always had a deep mistrust of idealogies and those who espouse them and two, am a fairly natural fence sitter in general. Add that to a fairly strong current of Liberalism in my old mans family (my gran was present at Jedburgh town hall when David Steele was first elected, 1966 I think?) then its fairly easy to see which way Ive mostly voted. I really liked Charles Kennedy, but I voted Labour in 92 & the last two GEs. 

Blair turned me off complelty as a person, Im fairly happy to say I saw through him straight away, but I understood completly why he could win most fair minded Labour folk such as yourself and the whole country over. Thing is CT is a blatant tory, but many of them were sedeuced too and its my opinion that theyre the ones who complain most loudly about him now when they were utterly complicit in putting him into power.  Theyre also the ones who bang on about Brown selling the gold etc etc whilst not uttering a dicky bird about what the likes of HMHM's wife and Happy Face's brother have been through under the tories. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, there's loads. There was a thing on the news this morning about how there's 90,000 kids living in care and about 1/3 of them will end up homeless within a couple of years of leaving the system. How utterly fucking grim.

i've noticed it loads in london too. it used to be confined to central areas where all the tourists are, but now we've got scores of homeless people pretty much camping out next to all train stations, around zones 2/3

48 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Just the sort of thing an empty vessel would say.