Politics

Christmas Tree

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

How is it represented within the EU institutions?

It isn't exempt from most laws, it adopts 75% of EU laws. It has no voice in the EU parliament or Council of Ministers. Rayvin is entirely correct in saying that they have less sovereignty than we currently do.

It adopts circa 25% of laws. We'd be leaving the political structures of the EU and ever closer union. No debate about joining the Euro,EU army, etc. I think it's a natural fit for us personally. 

I've never met a brexiter who can meaningfully say what loss of sovereignty has had a negative effect on them BTW. It's a red herring.

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

It adopts circa 25% of laws. We'd be leaving the political structures of the EU and ever closer union. No debate about joining the Euro,EU army, etc. I think it's a natural fit for us personally. 

I've never met a brexiter who can meaningfully say what loss of sovereignty has had a negative effect on them BTW. It's a red herring.

75% according to the Norwegian government.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

75% according to the Norwegian government.

Okay, I've read otherwise. None of these regulatory laws mean anything to most people, hence nobody can name one. Even bendy bananas (very good rationale for this as it happens) is WTO. 

We'd also be out of CAP and social chapter. FoM can be controlled if you really want to. 

48 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Also :lol:

C0C553BF-C362-4B8B-9F8A-170FD07373F3.jpeg

Seen as its you, CT. I've being mean too ask what you fined so funny

Last night was a fuckin piss take tbf. 19 mins of debate on the devolution amendment and not one Scottish MP allowed to speak. This could be it for the SNP.... If I was still living up the road I think they'd get my vote now....this week has shown how little democracy we actually have in this country. Am just about fuckin finished with the lot of them...

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

The sooner the Scots and Irish figure out that middle England couldn't give two shits about them the better.

If I lived in Scotland I'd be wanting full independence now like. Problem is, how can it be achieved? The currency issue is critical. Could Scotland be fast tracked into the EU without Spain's objections? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

The sooner the Scots and Irish figure out that middle England couldn't give two shits about them the better.

We've all been briefed on the matter. It's only the unionists who refuse to believe it.

Edited by ewerk

They're not going to get another vote until Brexit is well out of the way, probably in decades.

Well, not unless we start seeing mass marches. Problem is, Scotland doesn't actually have that many people.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

They're not going to get another vote until Brexit is well out of the way, probably in decades.

Well, not unless we start seeing mass marches. Problem is, Scotland doesn't actually have that many people.

It's funny you should say that https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-44005360 

I think they might need hundreds of thousands though mate. I'd love to see Scotland leave since it would be a backdoor to Europe and tbh I would just move there anyway - but 10s of thousands won't do it.

Think this could be a watershed though. Scotland should do a Catalonia and have their own ballot.  

The thing that's kept me from going all in with the Nats is their belief that somehow Scotland has been treated worse than any other western post industrial area. I don't think that's the case but you could point to Wales, Boro & Scunny still having a (privitised)  steel industry and Scotland having nothing, there again they still build ships on the Clyde & in Fife.

I was an apprentice when the poll tax was introduced a year before England and i suddenly had to find 300 quid a year, so did my brother,sister (apprentice & trainee) and mother (home help) The thing about that blatant cunts trick was the reaction in England the following year was the thing that got rid of it in Scotland & the UK as a whole. Back then there we had a lot more in common than what divided us. Not sure that's the case now, last night being the most glaring example. 

There's the currency question to overcome but if they resolve that there could be a similar situation to what NI is going through now; England out of the EU with a land border hard against EU member Scotland. Thing is anyone who knows anything about history knows that imposed hard borders are big fuckin trouble for all concerned. The only difference between the UK 2018 and the former Yugoslavia 1991 is ease of access to arms. We should be grateful for that small mercy. 

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think this could be a watershed though. Scotland should do a Catalonia and have their own ballot.  

The thing that's kept me from going all in with the Nats is their belief that somehow Scotland has been treated worse than any other western post industrial area. I don't think that's the case but you could point to Wales, Boro & Scunny still having a (privitised)  steel industry and Scotland having nothing, there again they still build ships on the Clyde & in Fife.

I was an apprentice when the poll tax was introduced a year before England and i suddenly had to find 300 quid a year, so did my brother,sister (apprentice & trainee) and mother (home help) The thing about that blatant cunts trick was the reaction in England the following year was the thing that got rid of it in Scotland & the UK as a whole. Back then there we had a lot more in common than what divided us. Not sure that's the case now, last night being the most glaring example. 

There's the currency question to overcome but if they resolve that there could be a similar situation to what NI is going through now; England out of the EU with a land border hard against EU member Scotland. Thing is anyone who knows anything about history knows that imposed hard borders are big fuckin trouble for all concerned. The only difference between the UK 2018 and the former Yugoslavia 1991 is ease of access to arms. We should be grateful for that small mercy. 

The thing most people seem to fail to understand is independence will see the end of the SNP more than likely.

The £1.9bn Universal Credit system may end up costing more to administer than the benefits system it is replacing, according to the National Audit Office.

Ministers will never know if their aim of putting 200,000 extra people in work, or saving £2.1bn in fraud and error, will work, the watchdog says.

It adds some claimants waited eight months for payment amid the switch to UC, which rolls six benefits into one.

But of course this government can develop and implement a high tech max fac system for the post-Brexit world in a matter of years.

Surely he must have had a reason beyond "I don't feel like this should be illegal" :lol:

I mean maybe he doesn't but I'm struggling to think how any serious politician could get away with such a view.

I saw someone saying on twitter that something like this shouldn’t be taking up the time of the CPS. So maybe that’s his reasoning? Or maybe he’s just a massive pervert?

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm struggling to think how any serious politician could get away with such a view.

Something something patriarchy.