Politics

Christmas Tree

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Isn't it just another one? Nothing will happen until they reach the magic 48.

Aye, first public one I think, not sure how significant that is. I do think the conservatives are tearing each other apart now though, look at the furore over the pairing issue. Unfortunately Labour are equally divided of course. What a fucking mess. 

Even if Labour weren't divided, it's hard to imagine them doing anything of substance. Corbyn genuinely does seem to think that his current approach of simply standing back and leaving the collapse of the Tories to chance, is going to work. And tbf to him it might, but he really doesn't fucking deserve for it to do so.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I think he is scared of becoming Prime minister, I honestly think he knows he couldn't hack the attention and stress.

I've thought for a good while now he doesn't want it. Which makes his staying in situ all the worse.

23 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

He's a fucking coward tbh.

I argued he was when his refusal to compromise on a few things (i.e "being principled") probably ensured the Tories just about got away with it at the last General Election. I honestly think he'll have been delighted with the gallant loser tag and was shitting it when the exit polls suggested it was going to be a lot closer than expected.

• Like 1

At that Q&A, May was asked if there are any plans to reduce the cost of university education.

Her answer was the govt is looking at this and one option is to cut the length of courses from 3 years to 2 years. :lol:

Roll up, roll up. Get your two thirds of a degree for the price of two thirds of a degree.

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

At that Q&A, May was asked if there are any plans to reduce the cost of university education.

Her answer was the govt is looking at this and one option is to cut the length of courses from 3 years to 2 years. :lol:

Roll up, roll up. Get your two thirds of a degree for the price of two thirds of a degree.

That would need to be proper full time.

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I can see how you'd manage it for some courses, Geography or whatever.

But there are plenty of STEM subjects where you are basically on fulltime hours with additional reading, what the fuck is the solution for that?

And the BBCs response to the headcase MEP calling for Europhiles to be branded treasonous is not "MEP compares remainers to jihadis, calls for them to be hung" but...

"Does the treason act need updating?"