Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

And the BBCs response to the headcase MEP calling for Europhiles to be branded treasonous is not "MEP compares remainers to jihadis, calls for them to be hung" but...

"Does the treason act need updating?"

FAO The BBC.

27 minutes ago, Ant said:

it's grand i'm getting a 1% payraise tomorrow :lol: so that's 2% in 10years while inflation has risen 20 or whatever

Aye, we had to fight for months for a 2% raise last year and because of that, they're refusing to entertain the idea of a raise this year AND they're lowering the sick pay and removing retirement rundowns :lol: Great, this country atm.

Aye, the fucking depressing thing is Corbyn's response to this has been to blame the EU for the downturn in UK manufacturing over the past 40 years. Like he's going to wave a magical wand and change that, quite apart from it not being the fault of the EU. And his looking like he couldn't beat the current shower of shit anyway. If there was a general election tomorrow (and I can hardly believe I'm thinking this) I'm not sure I'd want him to.

Do any of you ever stop and think there’s only so much money to go round?

This week on radio 5 live there’s been various debates on more money for;

Kids with asd in schools

homeless people 

mental health in children

Drugd that nice wont sanction etc etc

Thats on top of the normal stuff like health, schools, welfare etc.

Do you honestly think you should be bitching when we have care workers working for buttons and the majority of the private sector who get shit wages and shit, if any, pension.?

There's plenty of fucking money to go around when the MPs get a pay rise of the DUP need a quick billion. 

The much trumpeted NHS pay rise came into effect today. The unions have apologised for misrepresenting it. I'm £5 a week better off. Won't even get me a takeaway ffs

14 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Do any of you ever stop and think there’s only so much money to go round?

This week on radio 5 live there’s been various debates on more money for;

Kids with asd in schools

homeless people 

mental health in children

Drugd that nice wont sanction etc etc

Thats on top of the normal stuff like health, schools, welfare etc.

Do you honestly think you should be bitching when we have care workers working for buttons and the majority of the private sector who get shit wages and shit, if any, pension.?

Plenty of money out there. Just tax the rich more. I would happily pay more taxes. It’s the super rich who move their money into tax havens that I can’t understand. How much money does a single person even need to be happy? There are vulnerable people with fuck all. Selfish Tory wankers 

Edited by Dr Gloom

Surely by voting, or at least pretending, to vote Labour in a general election in a safe Labour seat, CT has demonstrated how much he cares. What have you lot done? Fucking snowflakes 

He mentions care workers and private workers who get shit or no pension there. Hmm, I think he's describing himself and his wife or possibly daughter iirc. The same selfish Tory cunt attitude, thinking about himself, except now maybe reality is dawning. 

Austerity has been an utter shit show. After 2008, Brown had the economy back on track only for the best prime minister ever and cunt Osbourne to kill it with austerity. Move on 5 years, and finally we had decent growth and improvement in private sector wages at least. Guess what, Dave "whoops I did it again" fucked it up again by having a referendum on economic suicide. 

All if this was predicted by nearly everyone on this board, except chubby tubs. Now he's back to believing it was inevitable again. What a fucking idiot. 

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

@Christmas Tree   any chance of taxing the corporates & PLC's properly to pay for your precious fuckin care workers? :cuppa: 

I typed pretty much exactly this out last night, then thought "why fucking bother with this prick" and deleted it.

10 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

As an aside, I read that Jeff Bezos is worth 140 billion. No human on earth should have that much money, it's fucking obscene. 

And yet can’t afford to treat his employees with a shred of dignity.

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There's plenty of fucking money to go around when the MPs get a pay rise of the DUP need a quick billion. 

The much trumpeted NHS pay rise came into effect today. The unions have apologised for misrepresenting it. I'm £5 a week better off. Won't even get me a takeaway ffs

Don’t forget Brexit, there’s billions of pounds to be spent on a stupid idea that will lose the country billions.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I typed pretty much exactly this out last night, then thought "why fucking bother with this prick" and deleted it.

:lol: fair point well made 

12 months ago I went from being a subcontractor to being an employee, thus am being taxed at a much higher rate. In a gesture of solidarity with me and the low paid care workers that he obviously cares so much about am wondering if CT will follow suit, give the taxi up and get a real job so he can contribute more to society himself? :)

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol: fair point well made 

12 months ago I went from being a subcontractor to being an employee, thus am being taxed at a much higher rate. In a gesture of solidarity with me and the low paid care workers that he obviously cares so much about am wondering if CT will follow suit, give the taxi up and get a real job so he can contribute more to society himself? :)

Wife is a solicitor who used to represent taxi drivers as part of her job a while back. Apparently after a road accident they were shocked to learn that their loss of income after a crash was based on their tax returns. None were happy with this, wonder why? :icon_lol: