Politics

Christmas Tree

3 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

I blame the comprehensive system 

:lol:

What we need is to select our PMs from elite private schools, maybe somewhere like Eton instead? Why haven't we tried that? 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

Just now, Renton said:

He was from a Grmmar school I think. As was Thatcher. However, she did not attend a run of the mill city centre comprehensive:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/18/liz-truss-roundhay-school-foreign-secretary-education

He was at a grammar school that became a comprehensive so definitely not a higher class than what she was at. He was also one of only 4 PMs in the Queen's reign not to study at Oxford - Churchill, Callaghan & Brown being the others.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

and brown, theresa may too?

Yeah I focused on Major as he was renowned for his lack of education as he left school at 16 with 3 O-levels.

The only reason she's a first generation comprehensive school student is because of the generation she's come from. She's still studied at Oxford.

So the new bogeyman is clearly the "anti-growth coalition". Expect to hear a lot about this in the next few months. It's fantastically vague and nebulous, but as well as including environmental protestors will also include unions and anyone who has an interest in civil rights, worker's rights, etc. These are the new enemies of the people. 

• Like 1