Politics

Christmas Tree

16 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Tories have won regarding the BBC.

It's a Tory mouthpiece now, nothing more

Well they have but it’s a bit like the Civil Service where it’s true of the people at the very top. The people lower down, plus those in the public eye etc will be of a mixture of different views / backgrounds. Those types in the top positions will move on every two or three years anyway. So they’ll be there until the Tories are annihilated at the next election then they’ll be told to fuck right off along with the likes of Simon Case 

20 minutes ago, NJS said:

Yup, Cooper stated it this week. They won't repeal the borders act or the act to make illegal entrants unable to make further appeals or applications. 

Have you got a link to that? 

9 minutes ago, NJS said:

She says she would change the legislation and you took that as "Labour have exactly the same view as the Tories on asylum and immigration"? Howay man. I dislike Labour's cowardice not tackling this shit head on (but understanding why they don't and instead obfuscate) but your own bias and prejudice against New Labour is pretty telling.  Foy years now you've been telling us the Labour are as bad as this brand of tories, which is frankly ludicrous. 

• Like 2

I can't work out whether the tories will be loving this or not. Lineker is a bit of a national treasure and if he gets on the telly to talk about this, it could backfire on the Tories. 

Either way, what a fucking shitshow this country is now man. Its embarrassing. 

• Like 2

Why do people call him ’Keith’ btw? I’ve generally seen it from people who say Corbyn won the argument and shit like that. I presume it’s meant to get an insult but it’s gone over my head whatever it is 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Why do people call him ’Keith’ btw? I’ve generally seen it from people who say Corbyn won the argument and shit like that. I presume it’s meant to get an insult but it’s gone over my head whatever it is 

His dad misspelled his birth certificate as Kieth - he changed his name to Kier to cover it up. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Tbh I do it as I have to google how to speel his name correctly otherwise 🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

She says she would change the legislation and you took that as "Labour have exactly the same view as the Tories on asylum and immigration"? Howay man. I dislike Labour's cowardice not tackling this shit head on (but understanding why they don't and instead obfuscate) but your own bias and prejudice against New Labour is pretty telling.  Foy years now you've been telling us the Labour are as bad as this brand of tories, which is frankly ludicrous. 

Change in that context means tinkering - she calls them out for repeatedly changing their own laws then says they'll do the same. 

The same will apply to the protest bills and the strike laws. Just like last time. 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

His dad misspelled his birth certificate as Kieth - he changed his name to Kier to cover it up. 

Surely that’s not true. I thought he was named after Keir Hardie. Or have I been whooshed? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Surely that’s not true. I thought he was named after Keir Hardie. Or have I been whooshed? 

Might be an urban myth but I have seen it a few times.