Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Braverman, being the sociopath she is, will be looking at how this places her with a view to being leader after the next election or something like that. I.e. how to appeal to the membership in terms of gaining power. Without a care about solving the issue (probably knowing full well it won’t). Sunak’s probably already given up any notion of winning the next election and will turn up at the House of Lords a couple of times a year, if he stays in politics at all. Meanwhile fuck everybody else. 

Well Sunak needs the allowance like.

I mentioned it before, but Sunak does puzzle me a bit. With Johnson, you get the narcissism, you get the grift. The complete disregard for anything outside of himself. But Sunak, he just seems like an empty vessel. He doesn't need the money like Johnson, and whilst he is a bit of a narcissist himself, he doesn't seem pathologically so. I don't get the impression he is ideologically driven. I don't see him as good or (especially) evil. So why then? 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I mentioned it before, but Sunak does puzzle me a bit. With Johnson, you get the narcissism, you get the grift. The complete disregard for anything outside of himself. But Sunak, he just seems like an empty vessel. He doesn't need the money like Johnson, and whilst he is a bit of a narcissist himself, he doesn't seem pathologically so. I don't get the impression he is ideologically driven. I don't see him as good or (especially) evil. So why then? 

Power. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Pushed into being an MP or fancied it. Because it’s that easy if you have enough money and/or connections. Then he’s made chancellor because Cummings thinks he’s someone else who’ll do what he’s told. Then Covid, Partygate, etc. Even his accession was fucking bizarre with Truss beating him, then fucking everything up about a fortnight into the job. The the Parliamentary party bypassing the members. Sometimes events just push people into positions 

• Like 4

The last ones resigned in protest at whatever the last scandal was. 

Only absolute cunts left now*

* Psych!!!!
There’s no such thing as a good Tory- never has been and never will be :lol:

• Haha 1

BBC shown to be shitein cunts. I mean when they've appointed Richard Sharp as chairman, the very person who is supposed to enforce impartiality in the corporation (:lol:), they can hardly chastise Lineker for a truthful tweet. And the gammons once again show what snowflakes they are.

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

BBC shown to be shitein cunts. I mean when they've appointed Richard Sharp as chairman, the very person who is supposed to enforce impartiality in the corporation (:lol:), they can hardly chastise Lineker for a truthful tweet. And the gammons once again show what snowflakes they are.

The BBC didn’t appoint Richard Sharp. He was appointed by the DCMS committee, as was current Director General, Tim Davie, a former conservative candidate.

The process of politicians appointing the key figures in our national broadcaster is absurd.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The BBC didn’t appoint Richard Sharp. He was appointed by the DCMS committee, as was current Director General, Tim Davie, a former conservative candidate.

The process of politicians appointing the key figures in our national broadcaster is absurd.

Pffft, I heard what you and your ilk said yesteday about Gary.

• Haha 5

Labour have borrowed from the Gary Lineker playbook. WTF? :lol:

I thought Mordaunt was one of the more sensible ones?

And Get in there Gary. Lineker for El Presidente!

• Haha 3