Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

I didn't mean "community" literally, bad choice of words tbh

:good:

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

they can always somehow go lower 

Shows what they think of large proportions of the country. They're utter cunts and about as subtle as that saksie knacker. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Tom said:

they can always somehow go lower 

Of all the problems facing this country, our rotten government obsesses about this. I'll give them a three word slogan.

Tories are cunts. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Is Lineker’s time at the bbc up?…he’ll make a lovely “martyr” :D 

He can afford to be pincipled here. One, he's loaded, and two, Sky/BT would pay him twice as much anyway. This may not work out as well for the right wing snow flakes as they think it will. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

This may not work out as well for the right wing snow flakes as they think it will. 

You won't be saying that when Matthew Le Tissier is presenting MOTD for a fiver and two rolls of tinfoil a week.

• Haha 7

I see Braverman is blaming her own department now for not dealing with the small boats. Or the Blobfish attacking the Blob, if you will. The one good thing out of all this is that’s it doesn’t appear to be doing the Tories a scrap of good in the polls. 

• Like 3

This is literally all they have left and the public is isn’t going to fall for it this time. They’ve had a long innings and made us all poorer. It’s desperate stuff 

• Like 2

It's like your house is burning down but you're more bothered about catching a spider that's crawled behind a cupboard. Obviously they're doing it for votes as they've got nothing else but you honestly wonder at anyone getting vexed by this but not anything else?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's like your house is burning down but you're more bothered about catching a spider that's crawled behind a cupboard. Obviously they're doing it for votes as they've got nothing else but you honestly wonder at anyone getting vexed by this but not anything else?

That's a great analogy actually. And you're right. I've read a fair bit of political commentary on this and the prevailing consensus is that this just shows how FUCKED the tories are, this is all they've got. And I doubt Sue appeals to anyone but the lunatics, and probably not most of them for obvious reasons. Let them keep digging their grave. 

• Like 2

Braverman, being the sociopath she is, will be looking at how this places her with a view to being leader after the next election or something like that. I.e. how to appeal to the membership in terms of gaining power. Without a care about solving the issue (probably knowing full well it won’t). Sunak’s probably already given up any notion of winning the next election and will turn up at the House of Lords a couple of times a year, if he stays in politics at all. Meanwhile fuck everybody else. 

• Like 3