Politics

Christmas Tree

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That was his John Prescott moment and he bottled it.

Thank fuck it wasn't his Blair moment otherwise he'd have flattened the poor fuckers house in the search for WMDs and had him waterboarded in one of the back rooms.

• Haha 5

Aye. 

Neither side are doing their cause any favours with their actions. 

It’s curious that, if Israel considers itself at war, no one is mentioning that they are now committing war crimes. 

What an absolute mess. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Keir looking fabulous darlings!

He does, and I understand the frustration, but @Rayvin, this is not the way to go. Hope you get a suspended mate. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

He does, and I understand the frustration, but @Rayvin, this is not the way to go. Hope you get a suspended mate. 

Apparently the guy was a PR agitator so it could well have been me!

2 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Pointing this out is no way me showing support for Hamas but it's interesting framing from the BBC

Isrealis killed but Palestinians died

nah man, that’s just journalism 101 - you don’t use the same verb twice in quick succession 

9 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

I'll just leave this here then....

I really can’t be arsed to get into this shite again. No offence 

The BBC does not have a pro-Israel bias. 

Kirsty has always been shite at her job.

Zomlot handles the interview with great dignity. 

Owen Jones is a sanctimonious corbynite.

Hope that clears things up 

Edited by Dr Gloom

I mean if anyone was in any doubt about BBC’s balance, I literally just watched a harrowing report by Jeremy Bowen where Israeli soldiers, fresh from removing whole families, including women and children, who were butchered in a Hamas attack on a kibbutz near the strip, was asked about whether Israel will commit war crimes by attacking civilians in Gaza 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

The 'bias' is clear as day. Fair enough though. It was food for thought, nooone really changes their opinions based on internet posts.

THERE IS NO BBC BIAS. Jesus wept man!

Its not about belief mate. This is a decades old problem right and I think its always important to think of this matter with that in mind and not only what's happened recently. If you think my opinion is based on that one BBC interview then let me clarify that it's not.

Wont drag the argument (international break or not) as you said you dont want to get into it which is 100% understandable. The media coverage thing irks me only because I think it's important in fuelling the feeling of injustice and hatred the likes of Hamas will use to push people over the edge. 

One of the interesting things I found about having lived/worked in a number of very different countries/cultures is having your pre-conceived notions challenged and discovering that you indeed grew up with baises. I suppose most do. I do try and make an effort in questioning if my own beliefs are biases. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

They used "launch" twice in quick succession...

did you watch the Jeremy Bowen report? 

does it suggest to you that there is pro-Israel bias in the BBC’s coverage of the conflict?

I think I’m going to have to bow out if this conversation if so. 

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

did you watch the Jeremy Bowen report? 

does it suggest to you that there is pro-Israel bias in the BBC’s coverage of the conflict?

I think I’m going to have to bow out if this conversation if so. 

I didn't tbh, I replied as I was reading through earlier posts. I will do. I'm also just going to leave this for now anyway, it's not the time.

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I really can’t be arsed to get into this shite again. No offence 

The BBC does not have a pro-Israel bias. 

Kirsty has always been shite at her job.

Zomlot handles the interview with great dignity. 

Owen Jones is a sanctimonious corbynite.

Hope that clears things up 

Zomlot is spot on in what he says. And I agree with your other points. I think there’s probably bias in that interview but I also think that the BBC has tried its best to be impartial on this. 
I think aimaad makes a lot of good points too btw. 
To be honest I’ve refrained from getting involved in talking about it, because it’s so fucking depressing, not to mention so complex and ingrained that I can’t even think of anything remotely approaching a solution. What a tragic waste of life the last few days have been. It must be awful for you, having family members involved. I really hope they all stay safe and that this de-escalates soon. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Zomlot is spot on in what he says. And I agree with your other points. I think there’s probably bias in that interview but I also think that the BBC has tried its best to be impartial on this. 
I think aimaad makes a lot of good points too btw. 
To be honest I’ve refrained from getting involved in talking about it, because it’s so fucking depressing, not to mention so complex and ingrained that I can’t even think of anything remotely approaching a solution. What a tragic waste of life the last few days have been. It must be awful for you, having family members involved. I really hope they all stay safe and that this de-escalates soon. 

Feel exactly the same. What with this, Ukraine, and just the general decline of the UK and US (from a polltical perspective), it's depressing. Even before we consider the implications of climate change etc. 

• Like 2