Politics

Christmas Tree

8 minutes ago, NJS said:

If they bribe the Reform people to withdraw as they did with ukip they'll still get 30% imo. 

Don't think that will happen this time. Reform know the game is currently up for the tories now. I think the MO of Reform now is to destroy the conservative party, bank on the country being an utter mess which Labour can't repair quickly enough, and arise as a phoenix hard right option in the next GE, possibly merge with them then. 

36 minutes ago, NJS said:

If they bribe the Reform people to withdraw as they did with ukip they'll still get 30% imo. 

Only just. Although I’m not sure what reform get out of that. It was a very different set of circumstances last time. With the Tories promising to ‘get Brexit done’ which is what ukip wanted 

This SNP prick, whoever he is. He bemoans we should be talking about Gaza, not party politics. I mean, labour fucking well literally got a ceasefire bill in yesterday didn't they against a tory opposition who bottled it? Why not shut up and support it instead of whinging on about ancient parliamentary custom? Then compains the the Lib Dems didn't get their ammendment selected. So what, they're a smaller party than Labour aren't they, and there's limited time? Also the SNP claimed Hoyle was threatened and bullied by Labour (without any evidence that I can see, incidentally) and then - he and his party remorselessly try to bully Hoyle into resignation. I can't see anybody being impressed by this hypocritical behaviour, except our resident Scottish nationalist who happens to be English.... Crazy World we live in. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know they've shit the bed but I think when it comes down to it tory voters will stay more loyal than projected - even in 2015 there was a wave of last minute defections from the polls that made all the difference. 

Recent polls have Labour winning Chelmsford but even Blair never came within a million miles of beating the tories here and it won't happen now. 

Edited by NJS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

This SNP prick, whoever he is. He bemoans we should be talking about Gaza, not party politics. I mean, labour fucking well literally got a ceasefire bill in yesterday didn't they against a tory opposition who bottled it? Why not shut up and support it instead of whinging on about ancient parliamentary custom? Then compains the the Lib Dems didn't get their ammendment selected. So what, they're a smaller party than Labour aren't they, and there's limited time? Also the SNP claimed Hoyle was threatened and bullied by Labour (without any evidence that I can see, incidentally) and then - he and his party remorselessly try to bully Hoyle into resignation. I can't see anybody being impressed by this hypocritical behaviour, except our resident Scottish nationalist who happens to be English.... Crazy World we live in. :lol: 

The motion removed collective punishment which was the trap but still shows the toxic position Labour holds. 

The real motion should've been about arms sales and military support for genocide but "grown ups" can't entertain that. 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

I know they've shit the bed but I think when it comes down to it tory voters will stay more loyal than projected - even in 2015 there was a wave of last minute defections from the polss that made all the difference. 

Recent polls have Labour winning Chelmsford but even Blair never came within a million moles of beating the tories here and it won't happen now. 

This is what I keep hearing from all quarters. A lot has changed in the last 10 and 30 years. The conservative core demographic of aspirational middle class southern wankers has collapsed because they are fucked by the housing crisis and the economy. They literally have no reason to vote tory now. The only age demographic they have a mjority in is the over 65s, nobody of working age will vote for the shit show, for purely selfish reasons if nothing else. That demographic is not enough to avoid annihilation. Barring something completely unforseen, they are fucked. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

The real motion should've been about arms sales and military support for genocide but "grown ups" can't entertain that. 

Sematics, But agreed on the above, that would have been the debate to be had. Were the SNP proposing that? 

Amazes me that you hold Labour accountable and toxic when they are in opposition with no leverage at all over foreign policy. Almost like you want them to fall for every trap going so they don't get elected. In truth, I don't know why this is even debated in Parliament when there are so many urgent issues in the country itself. And in Scotland. 

Normally you'd be right and the SNP should be shot with shit as well but despite what I said above its almost certain Labour will be in power at the end of this year at the very latest which is why what they are saying/doing is arguably more important than the tories. 

56 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Alabaster with a network of thick blue veins. Like blue cheese.

And dead behind the eyes, that’s exactly your type.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve ignored terrible personality in favour of tremendous baps. :lol:

Would. 

It was a rhetorical tag. 

• Haha 1

Nobody in the UK, and by that I mean most people as opposed to literally nobody, gives a fucking shit about Gaza. And even less people care about this absolute fucking bollocks of debating it in the commons. It’s pathetic stuff from the SNP and it’s all because Labour are about to give them a shoeing in Scotland at the general election. And ditto from the Tories who are about to get an even bigger fucking lacing from Labour in England. So the fact it has backfired is fucking great. And all the Corbynite cunts who have barely said a peep / quickly forgot about things happening in places like Afghanistan and Syria, because it didn’t give them a opportunity (in their eyes) to legitimise their antisemitism can go fuck themselves as well. Poking this particular hornets nest is only going to increase the chance of more Muslims and Jews getting attacked purely for who they are. That along with scoring cheap political points (not this time though, unlucky). 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve ignored terrible personality in favour of tremendous baps. :lol:

Would. 

Pork markets 

• Haha 2