Politics

Christmas Tree

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

It was getting Brexit done in part and Corbyn. Loads of traditional Labour voters were put off by him. I’ve mentioned it on here before I think but o know a couple who live in Blyth. They both voted Green last time round. They don’t like the Tories, would never vote UKIP, who were on the ballot paper then but couldn’t get away with Corbyn. One has an ex-Army brother and the other has a dad who served in the Royal Navy. Which was a factor in them being suspicious of Corbyn. I’m not really saying they were right or wrong but they’re natural Labour voters who were turned off by him

yeah, Johnson knows a lot of socially conservative Labour voting brexiters lent their vote. The Tories are not winning these voters back anytime soon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah just to be clear then, I'm not saying that most of the British public are secret fascists. I'm saying that enough of them are stupid enough that they don't need to be in order to cause harm, and that this characteristic should be enough to keep the Tories around.

A lot of people vote in self interest. They think the Tories make them better off. It’s only when they realise they aren’t better off that it changes. For what it’s worth I almost have more disdain for these floating voter types than dyed in the wool Tories :lol: but they definitely exist and are selfish. It’s telling that it’s took things to get this bad gif the Tories to be facing annihilation. What I don’t understand is when people who are £500 ‘richer’ a year don’t seem to realise they’re worse off of their kids schools are under loads of pressure, their mother has to wait for ever for a hip replacement, the public transport system is shit, and the roads are full of potholes etc. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

It was getting Brexit done in part and Corbyn. Loads of traditional Labour voters were put off by him. I’ve mentioned it on here before I think but o know a couple who live in Blyth. They both voted Green last time round. They don’t like the Tories, would never vote UKIP, who were on the ballot paper then but couldn’t get away with Corbyn. One has an ex-Army brother and the other has a dad who served in the Royal Navy. Which was a factor in them being suspicious of Corbyn. I’m not really saying they were right or wrong but they’re natural Labour voters who were turned off by him

corbyn was as bad as johnson. i blame them both for where we ended up. 

and cameron, obviously. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

A lot of people vote in self interest. They think the Tories make them better off. It’s only when they realise they aren’t better off that it changes. 

that's why they're so fucked. truss tanked the economy with the ridiculous mini budget and increased everyone's mortgage repayments. people aren't going to forget it and they can't get away with blaming ukraine or covid this time 

• Like 1

I'm enjoying how much Sunak and Hunt think a slight uptick in economic fundamentals will mean in terms of votes. These fucking halfheeds that have no idea how normal people live, and think 25bps off rates at the next MPC is gonna have everyone punching the air.

We've talked about it before but you can't tell people that their pay goes further than it actually does. They fucking know.

• Like 2

Simon Clarke seems mental these days so this is probably bollocks, but if it's true then we're getting a confidence vote in early May at the latest.

• Like 1

It's basically tell me the deep state doesn't exist without telling me the deep state doesn't exist.

And also tell me that you fucking know it doesn't exist, you useless grifting arsehole.

• Like 2

The deep state is so deep even the ex-PM can't explain what it is? Well I never. 

Before these rightwing fruitloops started the conspiracy theories, my understanding was the deep state was the network of regulations, constitutional norms, checks, and balances which prevented the executive from over reach and descent into totalitarianism. If that's correct you can see why the likes of Johnson, Truss, and Trump take issue with it. 

If the deep state existed to the extent they claim it does, how did they all become leader of their country? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Alex said:

aye. My 75 year old mother who has never voted anything other than Labour her entire life voted Conservative for the first time as she didn’t like Corbyn. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm enjoying how much Sunak and Hunt think a slight uptick in economic fundamentals will mean in terms of votes. These fucking halfheeds that have no idea how normal people live, and think 25bps off rates at the next MPC is gonna have everyone punching the air.

We've talked about it before but you can't tell people that their pay goes further than it actually does. They fucking know.

exactly and this is why the polls point to Tory annihilation.

You can’t keep lying to the public and get away with it when they’re getting hit in the pocket

3 hours ago, Alex said:

If the deep state existed to the extent they claim it does, how did they all become leader of their country? 

Which was pretty much my understanding of the deep state.

A bunch of rich people controlling the political apparatus for their own benefit via puppets like her. 

I may be wrong. 

• Like 3

Electric lawn mowers are woke now? :lol:

This man somehow became deputy chair of the Labour party. What an indictement of our political system. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Electric lawn mowers are woke now? :lol:

This man somehow became deputy chair of the Labour party. What an indictement of our political system. 

trump fake news GIF

I mean I know it's not just us, not even just anglophone countries. In a world where we have great scientists, artists, economists, inventors, technologists, business people..... And yet we have systems where the very detritus of society rise to the most important positions in society like one of CT's turds. 

Maybe politicians should be the first to be replaced by AI.

He’s gone from being a Labour councillor to a Reform UK MP (via the Tories) in the space of 6 years. Tells you all about his principles (or lack thereof) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s gone from being a Labour councillor to a Reform UK MP (via the Tories) in the space of 6 years. Tells you all about his principles (or lack thereof) 

Aye, it's incredible how anyone with his life experience could decide that the Tory party was the one for him.

Anderson worked as a coal miner for ten years, before volunteering with, and eventually working for Citizens Advice for another ten years.[5][6] Afterwards, he worked in hostels supporting homeless care leavers.[7][8]

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, it's incredible how anyone with his life experience could decide that the Tory party was the one for him.

Who else was going to pay the scab bastard 80k a year? 🤷🏻‍♂️

After his stint as dep. chair he’ll now be set for life and although he’ll be out on his arse by Christmas he’ll receive plenty of attention as a leading member of Reform….he’ll go polluting public life for whoever pays him eg GB News 

• Like 5