Politics

Christmas Tree

"Howard Shore, multi-millionaire investment banker sponsors the £1000-a-head Tory ball"

Spin that one CT :)

Tory supporter contributing to party coffers shocker!

Not only do the unions pay for Labour, they also pick leaders the MP's don't want.

I would also divert your attention to reading county council. Until recently Labour controlled and until recently using millions of council tax payers money to feather the nest of three union officials.

The sleaze and waste that was going on under Labour is a national scandal. Blair and Browne should face charges.

The Unions money comes from their members who get a vote - no dodgy backroom committees ditching or choosing leaders.

:)

you're having a laugh are'nt you?

clever guy that you are NJS, that view is unbelievably naive.

"Howard Shore, multi-millionaire investment banker sponsors the £1000-a-head Tory ball"

Spin that one CT :)

Tory supporter contributing to party coffers shocker!

Not only do the unions pay for Labour, they also pick leaders the MP's don't want.

I would also divert your attention to reading county council. Until recently Labour controlled and until recently using millions of council tax payers money to feather the nest of three union officials.

The sleaze and waste that is going on under politicians is a national scandal. The most corrupt among them have faced charges.

fyp

The Unions money comes from their members who get a vote - no dodgy backroom committees ditching or choosing leaders.

:)

you're having a laugh are'nt you?

clever guy that you are NJS, that view is unbelievably naive.

Sorry I meant pre and probably now post-Blair.

And to be fair the cunts leadership election are a lot more transparent than they used to be.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Prescott becoming part of society, warn experts"

Do I not like this bloke. Enforced when saw the fat clown on campign standing on his wooden box on Northumberland Street shouting some shite or other a few years ago . Was a lunchtime so some students around him. Says to one when tried t ask the prick a question "Now you run along to a lecture or something eh sonny" . Stupid fat arsehole .

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society...s-201103073599/

Edited by LoveTheBobby

• 4 weeks later...
Greece, Ireland and tonight Portugal goes tits up.

Thank fuck the Tories got in. :icon_lol:

Wasnt it Gordon Browns decision not to go into the euro though?...not that the tories would have, but they can't claim credit for it :D

Labour had plans for the debt,and did indeed in a lot of ways royally fuck things up, but the British electorate are into punishing politiicans at the behest of certain sections of the media, whether its a good idea to get rid of the incumbent or not, as Dave and Gideon will find out when theyve cut everything to fuckin ribbons and people turn against them too.....mind, Ed Milliband=Ian Duncan Smith so that might save them :icon_lol:

Edited by PaddockLad

Greece, Ireland and tonight Portugal goes tits up.

Thank fuck the Tories got in. :icon_lol:

Wasnt it Gordon Browns decision not to go into the euro though?...not that the tories would have, but they can't claim credit for it :D

Labour had plans for the debt,and did indeed in a lot of ways royally fuck things up, but the British electorate are into punishing politiicans at the behest of certain sections of the media, whether its a good idea to get rid of the incumbent or not, as Dave and Gideon will find out when theyve cut everything to fuckin ribbons and people turn against them too.....mind, Ed Milliband=Ian Duncan Smith so that might save them :icon_lol:

The thank fuck remark was more in relation to the fact that the Tories have come in and are taking the hard decisions to mend Britain.

Even worse comes the news that Alistair Darling, AFTER Labour lost the election, signed an agreement comitting Britain to a £50 billion euro bail out scheme. (Even though we are not in the Euro).

This means that in the next few days we will have to start looking down the back of the sofa to bail Portugal out.

OECD announced yesterday that the forecast to UK growth had been downgraded to a stagnant 1%, the lowest of the G7 countries (average 2.9%!), with the exception of Japan, which was omitted because of the earthquake and tsunami. I suppose we did have some snow before Christmas as well like. Meanwhile sterling is down on the exchange markets from last year meaning petrol (bought in dollar barrels) has never been more expensive.

Unemployment is rising, public services are being slashed.

Inflation is high, pay is frozen or being cut. Interest rates are set to rise causing mass reposessions.

Liberals and Cons are at each other’s throats over healthcare reforms, which they are now back peddling on (subject for another thread – it’s utter chaos at ground level).

Today the second worst University in the Country announced it was charging fees of £8,500 – meaning virtually all universities will go in at the full 9k price – sadly predictable. Meanwhile educational maintenance grants have been stopped effectively ruling out even college education for many poor kids.

What else? Oh yes, we have got involved in another war while the MoD is having its budget slashed, including the premature loss of our only aircraft carrier (would have been handy now I suspect).

Oh yes, thank fuck the tories got in to 'mend' Britain. :D

OECD announced yesterday that the forecast to UK growth had been downgraded to a stagnant 1%, the lowest of the G7 countries (average 2.9%!), with the exception of Japan, which was omitted because of the earthquake and tsunami. I suppose we did have some snow before Christmas as well like. Meanwhile sterling is down on the exchange markets from last year meaning petrol (bought in dollar barrels) has never been more expensive.

Think you'll find they've lowered their forecast from 1.7 to 1.5, rising to 2% next year.

To pay off Labours squander :icon_lol:

Inflation is high, pay is frozen or being cut. Interest rates are set to rise causing mass reposessions.

The minor 1/4 per cent rises will have nominal effect on reposessions and certainly nowhere near the shameful reposessions caused by Labours utter mis management of the housing bubble and allowing 130% mortgages etc.

Liberals and Cons are at each other’s throats over healthcare reforms, which they are now back peddling on (subject for another thread – it’s utter chaos at ground level).

Fine tuning (Tories - The Listening Party

Today the second worst University in the Country announced it was charging fees of £8,500 – meaning virtually all universities will go in at the full 9k price – sadly predictable. Meanwhile educational maintenance grants have been stopped effectively ruling out even college education for many poor kids.

Remind me who introduced university fees? New......L?????

What else? Oh yes, we have got involved in another war while the MoD is having its budget slashed, including the premature loss of our only aircraft carrier (would have been handy now I suspect).

A legal one this time.

The truth is that after Labour last fucked the country up good and proper, it was the Tories who came in and restored the nations finances and health. Although unpopular at first and whilst making mistakes like the poll tax, the good old british public new the score and kept them in power for 18 years.

They left Labour an amazingly strong economy which they screwed up very quickly. The only way Labour could keep the tory good times going was to do everything in their power to encourage debt. People were encouraged to remortgage their houses to buy cars and holidays with the promise of ever increasing house prices.

It will go down as a shameful period in british politics and YES THANK GOD THE TORIES ARE BACK. :icon_lol:

Edited by Christmas Tree

In opposition the tories pledged to match Labour pound for pound in public spending, they wanted more, not less, deregulation of the banking sector, and their handling of the banking crisis would have been catastrophic. It's naive at best to think the UK would have emerged from the crisis and ensuing recession in better shape under the conservatives than it did under Labour. You have shown time and time again you have no answer to these points, so perhaps it is better to draw a line under the past and concentrate on what is happening now.

The economy is in an absolute mess. Every growth forecast has been repeatedly downgraded, inflation targets are no where near being met, tax has increased for most people at the same time their pay is being cut (if they are lucky enough to have a job). The latest results from high street retailers is dire - and this is before the VAT rise has taken effect, there is no confidence to inspire growth. You'd really have to be a blind, deaf idiot to think the economy is doing well, and the OECD figures show we are doing much worse than our peer countries.

Plans for the NHS are in shambles, the tories want a healthcare system based on free market principles whereas the liberals - thank God - don't. You fall for every piece of crap Cameron utters - 'listening period' my arse, he had to concede or the coalition would face civil war, as well as war with most the NHS, but there is absolutely no doubt now in my mind that the ultimate aim of the Conservatives is to privatise healthcare in this country.

I honestly don't understand how any parent of pre-college kids can be happy with the tripling of course fees for Universities that 20 years ago were technical colleges. £30k to get a worthless degree from Spunkbridge University - how can that possibly be defended? Well it can by you apparently because we are being led by the 'best PM of my lifetimeTM'.

In opposition the tories pledged to match Labour pound for pound in public spending, they wanted more, not less, deregulation of the banking sector, and their handling of the banking crisis would have been catastrophic. It's naive at best to think the UK would have emerged from the crisis and ensuing recession in better shape under the conservatives than it did under Labour. You have shown time and time again you have no answer to these points, so perhaps it is better to draw a line under the past and concentrate on what is happening now.

The economy is in an absolute mess. Every growth forecast has been repeatedly downgraded, inflation targets are no where near being met, tax has increased for most people at the same time their pay is being cut (if they are lucky enough to have a job). The latest results from high street retailers is dire - and this is before the VAT rise has taken effect, there is no confidence to inspire growth. You'd really have to be a blind, deaf idiot to think the economy is doing well, and the OECD figures show we are doing much worse than our peer countries.

Plans for the NHS are in shambles, the tories want a healthcare system based on free market principles whereas the liberals - thank God - don't. You fall for every piece of crap Cameron utters - 'listening period' my arse, he had to concede or the coalition would face civil war, as well as war with most the NHS, but there is absolutely no doubt now in my mind that the ultimate aim of the Conservatives is to privatise healthcare in this country.

I honestly don't understand how any parent of pre-college kids can be happy with the tripling of course fees for Universities that 20 years ago were technical colleges. £30k to get a worthless degree from Spunkbridge University - how can that possibly be defended? Well it can by you apparently because we are being led by the 'best PM of my lifetimeTM'.

Its pointless me and you arguing over this because you are even more blinkered than me. :D

Its no good complaining about what a party in opposition says as they basically just oppose stuff, as Labour are doing now.

The bottom line is that it was Labour who encouraged the debt and housing bubble, Labour who over spent, Labour who started to privatise the NHS and Labour who introduced tuition fees. Its no wonder you dont want to talk about the past. :icon_lol:

With regard to the economy I dont think there are many people who were not / are not expecting a bumpy ride for a few years as we dig ourselves out of this mess. You forget that the booming economy of this century wasnt built on manufacturing or scientific industries, it was built on a debt bubble, pure and simple. Labour had no idea how to manage the economy so allowed and encouraged debt to spiral so that everything that was keeping the economy going was on debt.

That bubble has well and truly burst and it is the Tories who are trying to build an economy that is on solid foundations, based on proper modern industries.

With regard to the NHS Im sure it is difficult trying to reform such a beast, but that doesnt mean it shouldnt be done. It is simply not an option to continually throw money at it and hope it somehow works. It wont. An your remarks regarding privatisation are breath taking. It was Labour what done it! The introduced privatised competition two years ago.

But again, at least Cameron is trying to drag this country back into some form of fitness. Whether it be the economy, the welfare system or healthcare, it is the Tories that have the will and vigour to find alternatives to borrow and spend.

Think you'll find they've lowered their forecast from 1.7 to 1.5, rising to 2% next year.

To pay off Labours squander :icon_lol:

The minor 1/4 per cent rises will have nominal effect on reposessions and certainly nowhere near the shameful reposessions caused by Labours utter mis management of the housing bubble and allowing 130% mortgages etc.

Fine tuning (Tories - The Listening Party

Remind me who introduced university fees? New......L?????

A legal one this time.

The truth is that after Labour last fucked the country up good and proper, it was the Tories who came in and restored the nations finances and health. Although unpopular at first and whilst making mistakes like the poll tax, the good old british public new the score and kept them in power for 18 years.

They left Labour an amazingly strong economy which they screwed up very quickly. The only way Labour could keep the tory good times going was to do everything in their power to encourage debt. People were encouraged to remortgage their houses to buy cars and holidays with the promise of ever increasing house prices.

It will go down as a shameful period in british politics and YES THANK GOD THE TORIES ARE BACK. :icon_lol:

Its amazing how many people have been taken in by the lie. The UK's finances are in shit because of the financial crisis. Its sort of works tautologically, the current financial crisis was caused by the financial crisis. The governments of the world (you ignorant types tend to leave out the rest of the world from your analysis of 'british politics') were not encouraging people to remortgage houses. Banks were making credit available and people took advantage of that.

Alan Greenspan is more to blame for our current situation than the entire set of decisions taken by Labour since 97.

Why don't you address the simple point that the financial crisis was global CT?

Too awkward a question?

He genuinely thinks that Portgual has gone bust because of Blair's reckless decision-making in 2002.

Internal markets were introduced nto the NHS under Major as well.

Of course that's a long way from having to pay to see a doctor which isn't far away now.

Internal markets were introduced nto the NHS under Major as well.

Of course that's a long way from having to pay to see a doctor which isn't far away now.

Think it was under Thatcher actually, as was the original GP fundholding, the introduction of general managers to run the NHS, etc. Not all of which was a bad thing, but the current white paper certainly is as it's so poorly thought out. Labour in the last parliament utilised aspects of private healthcare in order to increase capacity for elective operations, but that is nowhere near the same as what is being proposed now, and only accounted for a tiny proportion of healthcare anyway.

It amazes me that CT, as a working class person from the North East, can be so gushing about what life was like here under the tories in the 1980s. I just cannot see how anyone can have those perceptions - it was a time when we experienced true grinding poverty as the South flourished (accurately spoofed by Harry Enfield), and it's going to happen again. Then he seems to have some weird homoerotic feelings for Cameron, Osbourne, and Boris Johnson. Utterly bizarre.