Politics

Christmas Tree

34 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This is unreal. 

At this stage, you get the impression Johnson could visit the lad lying on the floor, unzip his fly, and piss on him, live on TV, and it would make no difference to those voting for him. That's what I find unreal. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Thread... 

Opener there a bit unrepresentative of the thread. Like some have said, the hope has to be previously dyed in the wool working class people either stay at home or vote BP. 

With Gisela Stuart in tow as well. 

And aye that thread really does suggest that some kind of mental result is still possible. So many of these seats are on a knife edge and could go either way. 

If you go on the getvoting.org site and play about with the Oct/Nov/Dec polling for marginal seats, it's mental how much the predicted result has swung about from one set of data to the other. 

Anything from a big Tory landslide to a hung Parliament still possible. McDonnell was still claiming that Labour will win a majority today and saying people are going to be very surprised by the result. :lol:

So Johnson is promising the mackems JiT supply chains will be fine, because we will have complete regulatory equivalence. How the fuck can this cunt lie this much, its unbelievable (see Katy Adler thread)? 

Also hints scrapping the BBC, which I'm sure he probably will. They almost deserve it tbf. 

Even if they don't gloss over it, as Renton said, the public just don't give a shit now. We're too polarised for trivialities like suffering children and obvious lying.

Johnson could start executing people in the streets and he'd still not drop in the polls.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

The phone thing should be his "what a bigoted woman" moment but it won't be as the media will gloss over it. 

That’s the most depressing thing about this whole charade- there are so many things that should’ve been the end of him, but none, individually or collectively, have registered on the minds of the terminally fucking stupid twats that will vote him in. 

edit ; Preach brother Rayvin 

Citizen_smith.jpg

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

and it's ALL the media's fault 

Tbf, no sooner had the phone thing happened, he mentions the BBC licence fee, just off the cuff, and the press went scurrying off to chase that down. 

The press in this country have learned nothing from Trump. They are wlingly distracted by this fucking clownshoe. 

• Like 1

you can't blame the media for populist nationalism. they're reporting on it, they didn't create it. the beeb have done a good job of fact-checking a lot of the crap johnson has uttered in recent tv appearances and debates.

it's like the idiots that work for nissan who voted leave, right, despite their own fucking employer telling them it would be grave mistake resulting in them losing their jobs. that isn't the media's fault. populist persuasion is powerful. i blame nationalism, and the suckers who buy it, not the free press for reporting what is said. 

I can certainly blame them for giving an extraordinary amount of exposure to fucking Farage and whichever version of the National Front he’s currently peddling, without balancing it by giving, for example, the Greens an equal share of publicity. 
Everyone, left or right, knows who Farage is. 
I seriously doubt even 20% of the electorate could name the leader of The Greens. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I can certainly blame them for giving an extraordinary amount of exposure to fucking Farage and whichever version of the National Front he’s currently peddling, without balancing it by giving, for example, the Greens an equal share of publicity. 
Everyone, left or right, knows who Farage is. 
I seriously doubt even 20% of the electorate could name the leader of The Greens. 

i agree with that. i'm sick of the sight of the cunt's face on QT

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you can't blame the media for populist nationalism. they're reporting on it, they didn't create it. the beeb have done a good job of fact-checking a lot of the crap johnson has uttered in recent tv appearances and debates.

it's like the idiots that work for nissan who voted leave, right, despite their own fucking employer telling them it would be grave mistake resulting in them losing their jobs. that isn't the media's fault. populist persuasion is powerful. i blame nationalism, and the suckers who buy it, not the free press for reporting what is said. 

Where do the idiots working for Nissan get their information from?

The ability of populists to present lies without challenge is the reason we're here.

That and the fact that we don't educate people properly.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Where do the idiots working for Nissan get their information from?

The ability of populists to present lies without challenge is the reason we're here.

That and the fact that we don't educate people properly.

The populists, of course! Do you expect the media not to report on what happens during campaigns?

Is it the BBC’s fault Farage stood in front of that breaking point poster? They had to report on it and analyse it, which they did.

Google BBC Boris Fact check and you’ll see plenty of examples of his lies being challenged and the BBC performing its role as impartial news broadcaster.

Look at the two recent interviews Boris did with ITV, both posted on here I believe within the past 48 hours. The MSM is holding him to account when he isn’t dodging interviews. 

Having said all of that, it looks like that tweet LK sent to her 1m+ followers about Hancock’s advisor getting lamped was done so without her even being there and has since been contradicted by video evidence. This is absolutely awful reporting on her part and she has to be reprimanded by the BBC if true.  

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Labour activist has lamped Hancock's adviser at Leeds Hospital. Been arrested apparently. 

If you've seen Hancock's twitter videos, you'll know that his adviser is long overdue a slap. 

For further evidence of shitty reporting in this election campaign, please see their reporting of this incident... 

(see thread for separate examples of journo reporting) 

And then what actually happened. 

Even after the video she's calling it "a grim encounter". It was fuck all. 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

The media aren’t solely to blame for the rise of the Right, (Labour need to take a fucking good look at their utter failure to stop it over the last 5 years, too), but there’s been some blatant fuckery at play- not just the BBC, with their Tory QT audience plants etc, but the shocking amount of influence Murdoch, The Barclays, Rothermere etc have over UK politics is scandalous. 

Maybe I’m just getting salty because I’m fucking sick of it, but it fucking stinks to high heaven of “a cabal of mysterious Cuntish Businessmen” ;) 

Edit; I’ve just seen Kuennsberg’s video of the “attack”. 

I retract everything I just said. 

It’s a fucking stitch up. 

• Like 3

It's not even surprising anymore. Grim encounter ffs.

I don't know why you feel compelled to defend these charlatans gloom, they sure as shit aren't playing the same game you are.