Politics

Christmas Tree

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Anybody watching this live debate. The two outsiders sound best so far, especially Major Tom. Not that it makes any difference. 

im struggling to see the point in it at this stage. They have 3 more rounds of MP voting yet so it matters little what 3 of them come out with as nobody outside of the PCP can be directly influenced. 

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

im struggling to see the point in it at this stage. They have 3 more rounds of MP voting yet so it matters little what 3 of them come out with as nobody outside of the PCP can be directly influenced. 

Aye, it's pointless.

Truss looks fucking awful. 46 years old? Really?

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Aye, it's pointless.

Truss looks fucking awful. 46 years old? Really?

Let’s face it, the only one showing any credibility out there will be out of the race come Monday evening.

• Like 1

Truss struggling to give anything near a straight answer. Outrightly refusing to criticise Johnson in any form. Is she just the front for the likes of JRM, Francois, etc. rather than being her own person?

Dont think this is looking good for either her or Mordaunt. No wonder Sunak is stood there grinning.

From what I can gather, it feels very much like shades of Trump with candidates trying to subtly distance themselves from Johnson while being careful not to alienate/attract heat from his more lunatic followers. Nice and healthy stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

Let’s face it, the only one showing any credibility out there will be out of the race come Monday evening.

Aye. Mordaunt comes across as a fucking moron to me. Banging on about unleashing Brexit benefits. I think she actually believes this shit. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

From what I can gather, it feels very much like shades of Trump with candidates trying to subtly distance themselves from Johnson while being careful not to alienate/attract heat from his more lunatic followers. Nice and healthy stuff. 

You’ve nailed it 100%

Its a load of bollocks. Tugendhat is performing by far the best, but we all know he won’t be there in a few days.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Tugendhat blaming the NHS for A&E problems.

Yep, no sooner than I thought he might be okay he cuntifies himself. Let's fucking reorganise the NHS again and we'll magically reduce A&E waiting times. 

‘Penny Mordaunt, what are you actually going to do to improve the economy?’

’Many things, many things we can do to unleash the Brexit dividend, many things, many things is my plan’

FFS

Ah, Truss chips In with her plan to lower corporation tax. Not income tax or NI.

Now she wants to attract unicorns. Should someone tell her?

Please let her win.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It pains me to say but Sunak is the only one talking sense regarding tax policy.

In terms of who is likely to go the distance and who they’re ultimately appealing to, he must be absolutely pissing himself after this display from those immediate next to him. 

This whole event is a farce. I have to keep reminding myself when one of them come out with a tittish thing to say that they’re not trying to appeal to the British electorate. At this stage, they’re not even trying to appeal to Conservative Party members. It’s just the Parliamentary Conservative Party! 

Whilst their answers seem ludicrous to us, they likely seem appealing to the other 353 morons who sit in that chamber.

What a complete waster of time and money this is.

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

This whole event is a farce. I have to keep reminding myself when one of them come out with a tittish thing to say that they’re not trying to appeal to the British electorate. At this stage, they’re not even trying to appeal to Conservative Party members. It’s just the Parliamentary Conservative Party! 

Whilst their answers seem ludicrous to us, they likely seem appealing to the other 353 morons who sit in that chamber.

What a complete waster of time and money this is.

I guess though those MPs will be trying to assess their competence to win a GE which is the whole public of course. But aye, it's a shitshow. Truss and Mordaunt stand out as complete idiots, and one of them will probably be PM. 

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

I guess though those MPs will be trying to assess their competence to win a GE which is the whole public of course. But aye, it's a shitshow. Truss and Mordaunt stand out as complete idiots, and one of them will probably be PM. 

How many times did Truss try playing the Russia / Ukraine card as reasons to back her? FFS is you didn’t know better you wonder if she arranged the entire invasion just to make her look good. The only other thing she could come out with is the economy has been run shambolically. So she obviously sees Sunak as her threat. 

What a mess. Neither her nor Mordaunt have looked good tonight. Sunak has been on damage limitation. Sadly the two talking the most sense won’t be there by Wednesday morning. 

17 minutes ago, Craig said:

How many times did Truss try playing the Russia / Ukraine card as reasons to back her? FFS is you didn’t know better you wonder if she arranged the entire invasion just to make her look good. The only other thing she could come out with is the economy has been run shambolically. So she obviously sees Sunak as her threat. 

What a mess. Neither her nor Mordaunt have looked good tonight. Sunak has been on damage limitation. Sadly the two talking the most sense won’t be there by Wednesday morning. 

Mordaunt at the end there, talking about our democratically won freedom (I.e. Brexit). Fuck her. Fuckety fuck Truss. More of the same economic shite from Sunak the billionaire. At least he's being honest when he says, we're honestly fucked. Kemi will use her engineering degree to get us out of this mess. Major Tom is military man and that's what we need now in trounbed times  apparently.  Meanwhile the World burns, quite literally. 

Edited by Renton