Politics

Christmas Tree

43 minutes ago, Craig said:

BTW I'd never have had Sunak down as the youngest candidate. If either he, Badenoch or Braverman get elected will have a PM born in the 1980s.

Mordaunt is the oldest remaining candidate at 49.

Gen X handing over to millennials…..we’re about to be governed by someone around ewerk’s age but with classier vowel sounds :cuppa:

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Gen X handing over to millennials…..we’re about to be governed by someone around ewerk’s age but with classier vowel sounds :cuppa:

Oi dickhead, I'm not even 40 yet. I'll not argue your second point mind.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Well tbf, us and the baby boomers have proper fucked things up. Still, do you like the sound of that drawbridge being pulled up millenials? Oh, and enjoy the hot weather. How do you like them apples?  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Some of the big lads are worried about Mordaunt.

I wonder which one of Sunak or Truss he's backing. Certainly sounds like he's shitting himself at the prospect of it being Mordaunt and trying to drag her down.

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

I wonder which one of Sunak or Truss he's backing. Certainly sounds like he's shitting himself at the prospect of it being Mordaunt and trying to drag her down.

Anybody that takes any notice of Frost is a bone fide moron.

Who would people prefer btw? I'm going to rule Sunak out cos I don't think the party membership wil vote for him unless his competitor fucks up badly (possible, happened to Leadsome). I think Truss is easier for Labour than Mordaunt. But if Labour can't beat Mordaunt they can get fucked anyway. Meanwhile I think she'll be less damaging for the country than Truss, so I'm hedging my bets and hope Mordaunt gets the gig.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Anybody that takes any notice of Frost is a bone fide moron.

Who would people prefer btw? I'm going to rule Sunak out cos I don't think the party membership wil vote for him unless his competitor fucks up badly (possible, happened to Leadsome). I think Truss is easier for Labour than Mordaunt. But if Labour can't beat Mordaunt they can get fucked anyway. Meanwhile I think she'll be less damaging for the country than Truss, so I'm hedging my bets and hope Mordaunt gets the gig.

I'm all in on Truss, she's so fucking useless should be a meme fest.

Country is fucked either way so let's go for laughs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I'm all in on Truss, she's so fucking useless should be a meme fest.

Country is fucked either way so let's go for laughs

Sometimes I find your nihilism disturbing.

happily never after death GIF by Kiszkiloszki

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

happily never after death GIF by Kiszkiloszki

In German, the equivalent of "...and they lived happily ever after" at the end of a fairytale translates as "...and if they haven't died, they're still alive today". :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I want Truss for the fact she'll get laced by Starmer and be heavily gaffe prone. She's thick as mince. 

This is true. But then she can well fuck the country up in 2 1/2 years. Honestly I want damage limitation during that time. Also I don't want Labour to win an outright majority, I want them to be forced into coalition with the Lib Dems. 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

It baffles me how she's got as far as she has. What a country :lol: 

With the exception of Mordaunt and Tugendhat the candidates are all political pygmies promoted well above their level of competence by Johnson. The problem for the Tories is that they went all in for the short term boost that Johnson gave them and ignored the inevitable medium to long term decline of their party and now they're set to reap what they have sown.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is true. But then she can well fuck the country up in 2 1/2 years. Honestly I want damage limitation during that time. Also I don't want Labour to win an outright majority, I want them to be forced into coalition with the Lib Dems. 

Mordant is a true Brexit believer. She will be no better than the rest of them at running the country

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

With the exception of Mordaunt and Tugendhat the candidates are all political pygmies promoted well above their level of competence by Johnson. The problem for the Tories is that they went all in for the short term boost that Johnson gave them and ignored the inevitable medium to long term decline of their party and now they're set to reap what they have sown.

Absolutely this. Not only intellectual lightweights and sycophants, but also he massively skewed the party to the right, the Overton window has now also shifted as aresult, meaning Starmer has to pretend Brexit doesn't fundamentally fuck us over and always appears in front of two union jacks. Same with the GOP in the US following Trump (and previously Reagan). The drift always seems to head to wards the right in anglophone countries for some reason. 

Aye I'm working in the assumption they'll be as bad as each other. We've already seen Mordaunt lying about a lie she told the other day in a quite slick, polished way. 

At least Truss looks like a grade A dope when she gets put on the spot by an interviewer. 

(in response to spongebob) 

Edited by Gemmill

While I reckon Truss would be easier for Labour to defeat, she's the nearest to a continuation of the Johnson ticket IMO and I can't lose sight of the fact this country cannot afford another 2½ years of this fucking shambles. Tugendhat or Badenoch would offer the most radical change, but realistically they not going to survive the next 3 rounds. In their absence I think Mordaunt provides the best opportunity for realistic short-term change. Sunak, Truss & Braverman would all be fucking disastrous. 

As I've said before, it's like having to decide which life-threatening illness you'd prefer to have. Utterly depressing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Craig said:

While I reckon Truss would be easier for Labour to defeat, she's the nearest to a continuation of the Johnson ticket IMO and I can't lose sight of the fact this country cannot afford another 2½ years of this fucking shambles. Tugendhat or Badenoch would offer the most radical change, but realistically they not going to survive the next 3 rounds. In their absence I think Mordaunt provides the best opportunity for realistic short-term change. Sunak, Truss & Braverman would all be fucking disastrous. 

As I've said before, it's like having to decide which life-threatening illness you'd prefer to have. Utterly depressing.

Agree, except I think Braverman would be fucking hilarious and would jump on the SpongeBob ship were that to miraculously happen. 

Edited by Renton

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Agree, except I think Braverman would be fucking hilarious and would jump on the SpongeBob ship were that to miraculously happen. 

Damn, she's out. 

Sunak - 101 (28.21%)
Mordaunt - 83 (23.18%)
Truss - 64 (17.88%)
Badenoch - 49 (13.69%)
Tugendhat - 32 (8.49%)
Braverman - 27 (7,54%)
No votes - 2

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Damn, she's out. 

Down 5 votes from yesterday as well. Tugendhat the same. All the others gained.