Politics

Christmas Tree

Sunak and Truss pull out of the debates because the party is supposedly concerned about damage to its image when they all have a go at one another. 

Funny that the party wasn't that fussed about its image for the past three years while cunto at No. 10 was pulling all manner of shit. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sunak and Truss pull out of the debates because the party is supposedly concerned about damage to its image when they all have a go at one another. 

Funny that the party wasn't that fussed about its image for the past three years while cunto at No. 10 was pulling all manner of shit. 

More like they've been advised tearing strips off each other is likely playing into the hands of the others - mainly Mordaunt. 

What a fucking narcissistic cunt. No doubt sticking two fingers up in protest at the 'westminster herd' forcing him out. 

Shit like this needs using to prove why he's not fit to remain in office for another 7 weeks.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Apparently Truss has been reading toontastic and was going to use ACP's post until Sunak got wind of it. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

The fucking state of that bint, man. It’s a joke she’s anywhere near being an MP, let alone part of the Cabinet. 

Appointing her as Culture Secretary of all things was pure trolling. That's what he's reduced Parliament to. We have got to get rid of these cunts forever. 

• Like 1

So food inflation. A tin of Heinz beans in Sainsburys is now 1.20. 1.40 in the Coop. I'm fucking sure they were about 80 pence a year ago and 40 pence not long ago. Giot a litre of organic milk from the local Sainsburys tonight. 1.75. It was 1.35 2 weeks ago. Seriously, what the fuck is happening here? Not even mentioned petrol or energy bills yet. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Renton said:

So food inflation. A tin of Heinz beans in Sainsburys is now 1.20. 1.40 in the Coop. I'm fucking sure they were about 80 pence a year ago and 40 pence not long ago. Git a litre of organic milk from the local Sainsburys tonight. 1.75. It was 1.35 2 weeks ago. Seriously, what the fuck is happening here? Not even mentioned petrol or energy bills yet. 

It's not just food, man. We've got a home bargains less than a five minute away, most the prices have jumped a good 50%, right down to shit like toilet roll. Costs me 50% more to wipe my arse than it did in March. Curiously though, the price of alcohol hasn't moved much.

Puts me in mind of my late grandfathers favourite saying (which admittedly always drove me mental): "if you can save 50% on everything you buy, you'll have twice as much money". It's just occurred to me that he'd probabaly been using that phrase since the last time we saw inflation as extreme as we're seeing now. 

I'm honestly not sure what we can do about it. Even if we learned to protest like the French I doubt it would make much of a difference, I think we're already too far gone. Our current chancellor of the exchequer is now aiming for the PM position with a "let's fix the economy" slogan. 

8 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

It's not just food, man. We've got a home bargains less than a five minute away, most the prices have jumped a good 50%, right down to shit like toilet roll. Costs me 50% more to wipe my arse than it did in March. 

You do save energy by sitting down doing it though.

• Haha 1

I started to listen to that 'Rest is politics' podcast Gemmill posted.  Some interesting ones until the last.  

Rory plum gob, tried saying Boris is interested in the Environment :lol: GET TO FUCK YOU MAD MAD MAD CUNT.  His only interest is a country house and looking like Worzel bastard Gummidge you radge bastard.  Then the other bloke was saying how it's short term thinking on environmental terms.

EVERY DECISION BY MPS IS SHORT TERM YOU SLACK CUNTS.  That's the problem.  They only think in four year terms and getting back in power.  If it wasn't the country would be miles better off.

Aye, as much of a decent Tory Rory Stewart is, he's still a Tory. Some of the unmitigated bellends that he tries to claim are actually "good guys". No Rory. They're not. And nor it seems are you, when it really comes down to it. 

• Like 2

I felt like Tweeting the podcast and him asking if Johnson was so up on his Environmental, during the last GE why did he and his mate Farage dipped out of the climate debate and replaced by ice statues.

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, as much of a decent Tory Rory Stewart is, he's still a Tory. Some of the unmitigated bellends that he tries to claim are actually "good guys". No Rory. They're not. And nor it seems are you, when it really comes down to it. 

He pretty much made the same point himself on the New Statesman podcast last week so NUURRRRRRRRR.

19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

EVERY DECISION BY MPS IS SHORT TERM YOU SLACK CUNTS.  That's the problem.  They only think in four year terms and getting back in power.  If it wasn't the country would be miles better off.

Nailed. Too many of them work on the basis they have a 5 year contract so need to enact visible short term change with little to no view on the impact in the medium to long term - because that's another politician's problem. 

I'm sick to fucking death of hearing about Covid being repeatedly wheeled out as an excuse too. Funny how other G8 nations suffered similar impact but have an economy in a far better state than ours. 

Bringing up the price of groceries needs a greater platform. It isn't just about energy and fuel it's everything!! Now, what possibly could have changed in the past 2 years that might impact the unit cost of shelf basics like baked beans? :search: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BTW did anyone watch any of the debate in the Commons yesterday evening? I thought Starmer handled himself well and Johnson had absolutely no answer for him - just sat there shaking his head. I thought the best, and most powerful speech was from Jess Phillips though. Absolute impassioned fury coming from her. And she was absolutely spot on! 

Just now, Craig said:

BTW did anyone watch any of the debate in the Commons yesterday evening? I thought Starmer handled himself well and Johnson had absolutely no answer for him - just sat there shaking his head. I thought the best, and most powerful speech was from Jess Phillips though. Absolute impassioned fury coming from her. And she was absolutely spot on! 

Nah I was meant to watch it tbh.